Dynadot

question What registrar is now the best one domainers use?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello,

Ive been out of the game for a while and just went to renew my names at godaddy and seems my domain club expired and now the renewal prices are insane and no coupons.

SO, What is the registrar people use now who own over 100 names? Ever since lost my VIP rep godaddy has been downhill.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the info everyone

•••
That used to be before but I think that's changed. Rumors are, this move away from enom was also _one_ of the reasons why eNom was sold to tucows. I'd actually put them similar to name.com but their interface is not so good and they lack bulk management tools

Definitely agree about the problematic interface and bulk management tools. In almost all other areas (except for the marketplace). I've always found Namecheap outstanding. It has been my main registrar for many years, and I also refer most of my clients there. Even those with limited technical skills find their online support very good, despite their initial concerns about using a company that has no phone support. And time and time again I have seen Namecheap go the extra mile to assist their customers with many domains... which makes it really surprising and frustrating that they still don't have any facility to even export a domain list. Before the change to their current interface, they did have a limited export facility (just to xml). I and other customers requested better options and hoped to see them in the upgrade. But the current interface doesn't allow ANY export of domains and settings. They have been great in sending a list of domains with particular settings by email whenever I request this, but it really shouldn't be necessary....

•••
I prefer using:
  • NameSilo - for the most valuable domains - as a registrar ... because they're the only registrar I still trust
  • Also NameSilo - for most of the domains I sell - as an escrow agent / sale intermediary (because their marketplace is pretty straightforward, the fees are good and they offer a payment plan for the buyer)
    I found that offering a payment plan can be a perceived advantage for the buyer when sealing a deal
  • Name.com - for transfers (more or less cheapest transfer to a moderate trustworthy registrar ... if you don't have to pay taxes - like VAT and stuff)
  • NameBright / DropCatch - for some transfers and for dropcatching
  • GoDaddy - only for buying domains via their marketplace - I transfer everything away to NameSilo as soon as I can.
    For some domains I buy there I don't even wait for the full 60 days and mail support to lift the lock.
    As you can see: I don't trust them at all...

Last edited:
•••
I have seen Namecheap go the extra mile to assist their customers with many domains... which makes it really surprising and frustrating that they still don't have any facility to even export a domain list.

I'll say this tho, NC's support is also very good. I've had only good experiences with them ... but their interface is not so good and they lack bulk management tools

This is what pains me about Namecheap - their tech support is awesome, not just in how quick they respond but also their professionalism and how well they solve problems. But their lack of bulk management tools really makes them a non-starter for domainers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back