Dynadot

discuss What mistakes have you done in domaining?

NameSilo

Julio

DominioNombres.comTop Contributor
Impact
Hello,

This happened years ago...

I was looking through my iTrader comments and when I read a review comment of a domain name that I sold. I was reminded of the deal quick. It said "Broke all record for push" I was reminded about the sale that day. I was soo happy about the sale that I pushed the name to the buyer without receiving the payment first. :wideyed: I instantly thought that I lost the name and the money but the buyer was very professional and sent the payment to me.

What mistakes have you done in domaining?

Last edited:
0 0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Elon Swift

Restricted (Proxy Risk)
Impact
i have done some such as selling a domain for quite less its worth. Also targeting wrong buyers for a domain from a long time and expecting responses. Also one thing that was being impatient, we need to be patient in this business.

DanBingham

Top Contributor
Impact
Selling domains for quick flips rather than concentrating more on researching and selling to end users. Fortunately, our focus has now changed and seeing much better results. Patience is key.

Name Trader

formerly @stubTop Contributor
Impact
Too many domains in a niche known for tightwads :(

Julio

DominioNombres.comTop Contributor
Impact
Impact
I let a domain drop. It was at a different registrar than I usually went through and I used an email address that I no longer used so I didn't receive the notification emails. I later saw the new owner of the name auctioning it and bidding was in $xx,xxx range. Ouch...