NameSilo
 23:00:48:54 

What is the biggest opportunity you have missed in domaining.

Labeled as question in General Domain Discussion, started by jamaltq, Nov 9, 2016

Replies:
Views:

1. jamaltq

jamaltq Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Hello guys.
    As in title, What is the biggest opportunity you have missed in domaining.
    Like a domain auction you didn't win, or a deal that not completed .
    About myself, I remember that before 6 years, there was an auction at Godaddy for the domain name e.com
    When there was 5 days remaining to auction to end, the highest bid was $270,000, but Godaddy ended the auction early at that time.
    I was planning with two of my friends to join the the auction in the last day as a partnership, and try to win it.
    Thanks

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Kate

Kate Domainosaurus Rex VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

It doesn't exist.

3. Kuffy

Kuffy Name Stag VIP

Not keeping the names I registered 10 years ago.

4. jamaltq

Yes it was, I think expired domain, or listed by mistake, I should take a snapshot of the domain auction page at that time.
    But I was new in domain business.

5. domeen

domeen Top Contributor VIP

i don`t think there EVER was domain e.com
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-letter_second-level_domain

Even when some idiot auctioned it in godaddy

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  6. jamaltq

7. dordomai

dordomai Top Contributor VIP

if it had been real it would have been 10x of that amount. Bargains like this don't exist anymore on public auctions.

8. Kuffy

Kuffy Name Stag VIP

I knew PayPal owned x.com, but I didn't know about the others. I wonder what x.com would sell for if they ever wanted to get rid of it.

9. Asfas1000

Asfas1000 Top Contributor VIP

Looks like e.com is reserved by the registry (WHOIS).

10. GravityEleven

GravityEleven Top Contributor VIP

Paypal isn't allowed to sell X.com without Elon Musk's consent, and even then he has "buy first" rights to the name since it was him who purchased that domain while he was with Paypal and had some written rights to that name.
    If ever, the domain will most likely be sold to him directly for some special price for Space X.. but probably not before he has colonized the Mars first lol (seeing how long he was even ignoring the name Tesla.com)..

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  11. imadoer

imadoer Top Member PRO VIP

I back ordered you/coin.com then it goes to drop catch auction I don't remember how much I bid on it But closed it closed at 1K and a few months later it went for 80k.. this was the biggest miss for me .I wouldn't have thought to pay 1k for youcoin I thought over $300 it was insane..

Also missed prime opportunity 5n 6n and chip LLLL.coms at least I got in at the middle on that...

I try not look back on this stuff there's nothing it can do for you now

12. Brandingtheweb.com

Brandingtheweb.com 123Capital.com VIP

Well you may feel better knowing the opportunity you missed was never an option. At least you didn't go through the trouble of getting the money together just to give it back and have to explain to your partners it was a mistake.

My biggest lost opportunity was not knowing 4L's .com would be so easily liquidable. Should have aquired more, would have been nice for cash flow:)

13. Rory Ivey

Rory Ivey Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

Not taking advantage of VR domains... I had a foot in first and procrastinated.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice