Dynadot

What Is The Procedure To List My Domain Names, Registered At GoDaddy, On SEDO's Marketplace ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

blue crystal

Established Member
Impact
What is the procedure to list ( for selling ) my domain names, registered at Godaddy, on SEDO's marketplace ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  1. Set up an account with Sedo (https://sedo.com/member/register.php)
  2. List your domains for sale
  3. Go to your GoDaddy control panel, and for each domain, under DNS, change the name server information to point to Sedo:
  • Primary Name Server: NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM
  • Secondary Name Server: NS2.SEDOPARKING.COM
Any problems contact customer support at Sedo/GoDaddy or post here

•••
List your domains for sale

Wouldn`t I need first to prove that I own these domains before listing them ? If so, how to do that ?

• Go to your GoDaddy control panel, and for each domain, under DNS, change the name server information to point to Sedo:

• Primary Name Server: NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM
    • Secondary Name Server: NS2.SEDOPARKING.COM

I am not sure if I understood correctly this step.

My domains are listed for selling in Godaddy using the offer/counter-offer method. I want to list them on SEDO -as well- using the same method.

If I change my domains DNS setting in Godaddy to point to SEDO, wouldn't it mess up with my Godaddy's selling list ?

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Wouldn`t I need first to prove that I own these domains before listing them ? If so, how to do that ?

I am not sure if I understood correctly this step.

My domains are listed for selling in Godaddy using the offer/counter-offer method. I want to list them on SEDO -as well- using the same method.

If I change my domains DNS setting in Godaddy to point to SEDO, wouldn't it mess up with my Godaddy's selling list ?

To answer the question about if listing on SEDO would mess up your Godaddy selling list, no, it would not.

And if you go to the domain owner verification tab on your SEDO dashboard, it will give you step by step on how to self-verify that you are the domain owner. It isn't instant, but way faster than letting them do it. If you are even the slightest of being technically savvy, it'll be a breeze. If not, then Godaddy will be able to help you. And if they are not willing to help you, then I will....for a slight fee.:xf.wink:

All jokes aside, if you don't have privacy set on Godaddy, SEDO can also verify for you, but it may take a few days on their part to do it.

•••
I finally figured out how to do it by myself.
Anyway, thank you all for your kind help.

•••
I finally figured out how to do it by myself.
Anyway, thank you all for your kind help.

Dear Blue Crystal,

Thanks for your comment.

If you would like to list your domains for sale with Sedo, you first need to create a free Sedo account:
https://sedo.com/member/newaccount.php3

To add domains to your account, follow this process:
1. Log into your Sedo account.
2. Go to My Sedo > Add Domains.
3. Enter your domains in the field provided.
4. Check the box to confirm you have read and accepted Sedo’s User Agreement.
5. Click the green button "Go to Step 2".
6. Choose the Price option, Currency and fill in the amount in the Price field for your domains if desired (these may be modified later).
7. Click the green button "Go to Step 3".
8. Now you can choose to read about our SedoMLS Premium service or go directly to the Domain Management section of your account by pressing the green button “Finish Adding Domains”.

All listed domains are subject to ownership verification. Once you have verified your ownership, the domain will show as for sale on our marketplace. You will receive instructions on how to verify your domains after you have added the domains to your Sedo account.

Listing a domain on our marketplace as Buy Now or Make Offer is free, if the domain sells only then do we charge a commission fee. If the domain sells directly on our marketplace and is not parked then the commission fee is 15% of the final sales price. If the domain sells directly on our marketplace and is parked with Sedo then the commission fee is 10% of the sales price. Please see here for the full price list: https://sedo.com/us/what-we-offer/price-list-for-services/

Any questions then just email us via [email protected] and we will be happy to help you.

All the best
Chris

•••
Back