IT.COM

advice What is the best domain appraisal tool?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

turke

Impact
Hi guys, what's the best free domain appraisal tool you've used and are satisfied with?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Lots of threads here about this already, but no automated system returns a proper value.

However, some provide useful statistics that can be part of a pricing strategy.

ADD: As of now, the Dynadot appraisal returns many results that could be considered in the ballpark. It still returns a wildly high or low number sometimes, but after I do my own calculations, I will plug the name in to see if we agree. :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
Check how much Galatea/com is appraised by all the appraisal tools and how much it sold for and you will know 😁

•••
•••
Hi guys, what's the best free domain appraisal tool you've used and are satisfied with?

You could always try @ThatNameGuy's method of creating a new thread, with a catchy title, say a bunch of random stuff, then plug your domain as the reason why the random stuff you just said makes sense.

Because of his click bait like titles, and spicy opening posts, his threads tend to draw the reaction of the crowd. Even though the crowd is not usually in his favor, that doesn't stop him from keep trying.

Generally, namePros can be a risky appraisal; not everybody has the same intent, or experience in the regular appraisal section. But for the most part, if you post a domain in namePros appraisal, if it gets a lot of positive attention then it's likely a good name. Caution, this approach may take thick skin, and other domainers don't have a crystal ball, so comments are just opinions, which shouldn't trump your own 🧠.

The professional appraisals in namePros exclusive section by @Eric Lyon might be the most extensive and detailed free appraisal put there.

Then there's always the domainer right of passage story of if my domain was so shitty, then why did it sell for $XXX - $X,XXX at expired or dropcatch auction!

Last edited:
•••

The best domain appraisal tool is none.​

•••
You could always try @ThatNameGuy's method of creating a new thread, with a catchy title, say a bunch of random stuff, then plug your domain as the reason why the random stuff you just said makes sense.

Because of his click bait like titles, and spicy opening posts, his threads tend to draw the reaction of the crowd. Even though the crowd is not usually in his favor, that doesn't stop him from keep trying.

Generally, namePros can be a risky appraisal; not everybody has the same intent, or experience in the regular appraisal section. But for the most part, if you post a domain in namePros appraisal, if it gets a lot of positive attention then it's likely a good name. Caution, this approach may take thick skin, and other domainers don't have a crystal ball, so comments are just opinions, which shouldn't trump your own 🧠.

The professional appraisals in namePros exclusive section by @Eric Lyon might be the most extensive and detailed free appraisal put there.

Then there's always the domainer right of passage story of if my domain was so shitty, then why did it sell for $XXX - $X,XXX at expired or dropcatch auction!
Thanks Chris......youdagirl:xf.wink:com

btw, the "appraisal" piece of the domain industry is really fu*kedup. Why do you think I was seeking damages from Go Daddy.....but they really should pay when one day they appraise a domain @ $1,800 and the next day they appraise the very same domain @ < less than $100. You don't get my reasoning either:xf.rolleyes:

•••
Thanks Chris......youdagirl:xf.wink:com

Thanks Pickle Rich...youdapickle.rich 🥒

Screenshot_20240526-114407~2.png

Why do you think I was seeking damages from Go Daddy.....but they really should pay when one day they appraise a domain @ $1,800 and the next day they appraise the very same domain @ < less than $100. You don't get my reasoning either:xf.rolleyes:

But you weren't actually seeking damages ...

...All you really were seaking was a lawyer with big balls, then you proceeded to post a bunch of small ball domains, instead of filing suit or hiring an actual big balled lawyer.

BigBalledLawyers.com? 🙄

I imagine an actual lawsuit wouldn't be as much fun as your thread was. It seems more like you were seeking attention (like a laser focused cat) than actual damage, or an actual big balled lawyer.

Has anybody used the boredHumans.com domain appraisal?

Screenshot_20240526-120044~2.png

It's free.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back