Dynadot

advice What is one thing that is lacking in the domain sales industry in 2019?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Croc

Upgraded Member
Impact
I am a full-time software developer and UI/UX designer with many ideas and a passion for domain names in general. When not at the day job, I need a project to pursue such as a domain name marketplace platform. However, is it too late to truly "innovate" in the domaining industry? What are some ways that the domain name industry could be re-born? I am always up for a challenge.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's never too late to innovate. There are new innovations happening all the time.

•••
park.io is a great example of innovation. no one was really catching the lesser known tlds so Mike Carson built a platform for doing so - in only the past couple of years, no less.

•••
There is a large gap between domain investors and end users. If you can bridge that gap, it would be revolutionary.

Domains are an important and solid product with multiple benefits. Domains are the foundation to companies, organizations and anyone who has a message. Yet, the importance of domains are continually being neglected by end users.

Innovation will triumph with those that legitimize domains to end users.

•••
I've wondered, is there a marketplace where names could be listed not only for purchase, but for brokering? Like an Afternic where I could register as a member, and browse names that might be pertinent to a business a friend or associate is thinking of starting. I could refer my friend to the name/seller and earn a commission when there is purchase. Anything like this out there? Any market for it?

•••
I've wondered, is there a marketplace where names could be listed not only for purchase, but for brokering? Like an Afternic where I could register as a member, and browse names that might be pertinent to a business a friend or associate is thinking of starting. I could refer my friend to the name/seller and earn a commission when there is purchase. Anything like this out there? Any market for it?

What's to stop the buyer registering as the broker for a domain. And getting the discount?

•••
Yes as Internet.domains mentioned there is a huge gap between end user and domain investor expectations. Businesses will pay $300+ / hour for legal advise or $125 an hour for an IT consultant, spend five figures on a business trip or six figures on an IT project but when it comes to the domain to promote their business for the next decade, they only consider $10 solutions.

•••
What's to stop the buyer registering as the broker for a domain. And getting the discount?

Fair point. Perhaps some sort of check could be put into place. I haven't thought it all through.

It would encourage a bit of the bridging of the gap that I.D mentioned above.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back