KeywordDomains

What is it with newbies on NP these days

Discussion in 'NamePros Comments and Feedback' started by eurorealtor, Aug 10, 2017.

Replies:
Views:

1. eurorealtor

eurorealtor Active Member VIP

Hello NPs,

no disrespect to fellow domainers, but what is wrong with newbies these days, searching "wanted domains"
    I can't believe what I am seeing.

"One word .com wanted, only top domains with budget $20 -$100 per domain"

"Quality one or two word domains .com only. budget $10 - $40 per domain" - Thread closes too much spam,
    Really??? What did you expect for ten bucks?

Does it make any sense to sell domains on NP???

Cheers,
    Tomas

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Avtar629

Avtar629 MarketDN.com Business Account VIP

As a rule on NP there will always be varying points of view,. and attitudes and mindsets.

You can either choose to be distracted by them or focus on making money.

Your choice completely.

Good luck!

Cheers!
    Archimedes

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  3. canswift

canswift Business Member Business Account ★★★★★★★★★★

interesting comment @eurorealtor : I had also noted the number of new members who post for these kind of "wanted" domains. Often those posts go up on their very first day on NP! I do note that some of the more "out there" requests (LLL.com for $100) seem to get zero replies...

4. Duncan Burgess

Duncan Burgess Established Member

I tend to only use the requests for very niche/specific requests to avoid spam.

5. baseballworld

baseballworld Restricted VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

6. eurorealtor

I am pretty sure end users ends up on NP to search for their primary domain names, and this kind of "advertisement" is not good for the business, just saying....

7. forge

forge phayl VIP

"Newbies" pretty much is a meaningless term. The problem, after all, is not with "newbies" but with douchebags.

And yeah, those are prevalent in the Wanted threads.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  8. MasterOfMyDomains

MasterOfMyDomains Active Member VIP

Its either quality or quantity in this biz. Numbers dont lie. People do

9. carob

carob Active Member VIP

There are several threads discussing this kind of stuff in the Namepros feedback section. There does seem more of it lately, it would be nice to know more about it.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/brand-new-members-post-domain-wanted-then-vanish.1010599/

10. forge

forge phayl VIP

Can you explain further?

I think end users venturing in here are a bare minimum.

11. Kuffy

Kuffy Active Member VIP

I've found single word English dictionary names on the deleted and expired lists recently. Unfortunately, they aren't domains like cars.com, but sensitised.com was one of them. I thought it would be good for selling products to help people with chemical skin damage for example.

12. 1Darko

1Darko Established Member

For me it is very suspisious if a new member the first day already seeks a one word .com.

Budgetwise it is a lot of times a shame and I can't hear these phrases anymore: "I'm a reseller therefor I will not pay enduser price" and similar.

At the end of the day the market is cleaning itself, because either they get no responds or they get spammed like they initially do spam the namepros forum, imo.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  13. boker

boker Active Member VIP

It happened 4 times this year for me when a new user, with a new account wanted a certain domain and in some cases even wanted to pay more because they were new and I didn't wanted to deal with somebody without trading history. I think that end users are googling the names they want, namepros has a good ranking in search engines and they end up here, wanting to pay reseller price. That's why is bad to put your names in full at namepros, you will end up on selling even to end users at reseller price.

14. Branko Jovanovic

Branko Jovanovic Established Member

Much less than a marketplace, but much more as a think tank. That is how I consume NamePros. Love to read analysis and articles, much like the one today about generic keywords which have great value as they have huge traffic even without a website built upon it, by James Iles.

15. eurorealtor

16. biggie

biggie Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Hi @eurorealtor

i shared the same sentiments a couple of days ago
    https://www.namepros.com/threads/feedback-on-wtb-threads.1034784/#post-6298711

imo... again

17. johname

johname Take that to LaBANC VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

These are ripples from the "Sold a big one word domain" NP quake a month or two ago.

18. eurorealtor

How you can be so sure? Let's say I want to start a new business, all decent domains are taken, so I consider to buy one, but of course I do a bit of research on google, I am sure it take few minutes before I end up on NP....

Tomas

19. Kuffy

Kuffy Active Member VIP

I don't mind end users looking through the posts here. In fact, if one wants to buy one of my names, then he is welcome to join and make me an offer through a pm. Just as long as he states " I'm and end user, not a reseller" :)

Any end user that reads the threads here will realise that names listed for sale here are "clearance" names, and not premium - there's that word again.

20. eurorealtor

21. Kuffy

Kuffy Active Member VIP

Well he is getting some responses. :)

22. HotKey

HotKey Genuine★Domains VIP

Sure he is. He will also get what he pays for.

23. slader23

slader23 Active Member VIP

It's even worse when your requesting to buy a domain in the mid $xxx to $xxxx range. Even with specific requirements people will go against them...you ask for one thing and they offer you the exact opposite.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  24. .X.

.X. HappensOnline.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

we were all a "newbie" once, so i always take into consideration the "Perception" a newbie has, especially in todays domain market. It is a lot of false perception, seeing isn't always believing in this industry. Today their are big dreamers in the domain industry, Reg or purchase some names, Make $$$$$'s quick .

The fact is, The learning curve takes a while, some learn faster than others, Most bail out of the industry very disappointed , When i say most, I base that off my own experiences in this industry, example: When i joined NamePros i was member number 20K something, We now have 1 million members, however, there are only about 200 members engaging the forum at any one time usually. There should be at a min of 10.000 members online here , with a 1 million member forum. 10K is a conservative estimate as well.

It is not because Domaining isn't still the greatest thing since sliced bread, Because it is, To me and many others i know, It is because many sign up, reg or buy names off auctions, spend A LOT of money expecting big ROI right away, when things fail to pan out the way they perceived, they simply bail out of this industry.

Every domainer i know is different in their specific niche in one form or another, It is those qualities that make the domainers i know personally, very special people, dedicated and can adapt to industry changes with ease.

I don't believe there is a Domainers guide book to success, nor a domainer 101, If a person is meant for domaining, they will find their own way, they will thrive once they do, Mentoring is good, and i got a lot of mentoring from some of the greatest domainers on here,which are the greatest domainers in the industry, in my opinion, But i had to find my own way, what purpose was, what i could achieve.

25. Mister Funsky

Mister Funsky Active Member VIP

Came across one even better...there is a thread offering .50 (that's right...fifty cents) for .com one or two keyword!?!??!

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!