Dynadot

What is it with newbies on NP these days

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello NPs,

no disrespect to fellow domainers, but what is wrong with newbies these days, searching "wanted domains"
I can't believe what I am seeing.

"One word .com wanted, only top domains with budget $20 -$100 per domain"

"Quality one or two word domains .com only. budget $10 - $40 per domain" - Thread closes too much spam,
Really??? What did you expect for ten bucks?

Does it make any sense to sell domains on NP???

Cheers,
Tomas

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Came across one even better...there is a thread offering .50 (that's right...fifty cents) for .com one or two keyword!?!??!
Dislike to infinity!

:ROFL:

•••
Came across one even better...there is a thread offering .50 (that's right...fifty cents) for .com one or two keyword!?!??!

Does he want you to renew before transfer?

•••
Does he want you to renew before transfer?

LOL...bet he asks for two years but will reluctantly settle for one...

•••
As a newbie I must say that I'll probably make a same mistake now and then. But it is hard to grasp domain pricing without some kind of guidance. I tried few websites with free domain appraisal and got ranges from $10 to $1000 for same domain name. Probably I'll be wiser after a certain time in this business but as in any other field mistakes are possible and delusions too :greedy:.

•••
As a newbie I must say that I'll probably make a same mistake now and then. But it is hard to grasp domain pricing without some kind of guidance. I tried few websites with free domain appraisal and got ranges from $10 to $1000 for same domain name. Probably I'll be wiser after a certain time in this business but as in any other field mistakes are possible and delusions too :greedy:.
As with anything, experience is your greatest strength! Stick around and you'll progressively figure it out. It's a process - enjoy it!

•••
I honestly fail to understand how budget and spam can be related.

If, as a seller, I do not have anything that matches requirements OR I do not want to sell for that price I simply do not send anything.

If, as a buyer, I do not receive any message because my requests are ridiculous I will have to adjust them if I really want to buy.

That's all there is to it. If I want to buy a Lambo for $15000 I am either sent Lambos under $15000 OR I should not be sent Opel, Fiat, Chevrolet and Lambos for $250.000.
If I do not receive any Lambo for under $15000 then I either increase my budget or change the type of car I want to buy; nothing else but what is asked should be sent.

Ignoring a wtb with inappropriate requests is, in my view, a much stronger way to make the buyer reconsider ( if the want of course ) then "trying" to change their mind by sending names the buyer has not requested or with price tags different than what requested.

•••

Well, there is a lot of new Members who opens a wanted thread as a very first post on this forum. No introducing, no research on NP, just right to it.

I honestly fail to understand how budget and spam can be related.

If, as a seller, I do not have anything that matches requirements OR I do not want to sell for that price I simply do not send anything.

If, as a buyer, I do not receive any message because my requests are ridiculous I will have to adjust them if I really want to buy.

That's all there is to it. If I want to buy a Lambo for $15000 I am either sent Lambos under $15000 OR I should not be sent Opel, Fiat, Chevrolet and Lambos for $250.000.
If I do not receive any Lambo for under $15000 then I either increase my budget or change the type of car I want to buy; nothing else but what is asked should be sent.

Ignoring a wtb with inappropriate requests is, in my view, a much stronger way to make the buyer reconsider ( if the want of course ) then "trying" to change their mind by sending names the buyer has not requested or with price tags different than what requested.

Yes, there is always someone trying to sell no mater what and offers bananas even you request apples, however still people asking for commercial one, two-word decent .com within silly budget, than you got hit by $h*t load of crap.

•••

haha I'm done.
I don't think they understand what a "budget" means anymore.

•••
there are only about 200 members engaging the forum at any one time usually. There should be at a min of 10.000 members online here , with a 1 million member forum. 10K is a conservative estimate as well.
There are over 100,000 unique people visiting NamePros each month (The majority are recurring visitors and logged-in members). More than 150,000 individual people last month.

Many people don't understand that "Members Online Now" is how many people are online in a brief period. It's not how many people are online in a 24 hour period. There are thousands and thousands more in a 24 hour period. ;) Also, members who hide their online status do not show up under Members Online Now.

Hope that helps explain it,

•••
There are over 100,000 unique people visiting NamePros each month (The majority are recurring visitors and logged-in members). More than 150,000 individual people last month.

Many people don't understand that "Members Online Now" is how many people are online in a brief period. It's not how many people are online in a 24 hour period. There are thousands and thousands more in a 24 hour period. ;) Also, members who hide their online status do not show up under Members Online Now.

I can verify all that :)
Just count the new members since the Millionth Member contest, and none of those are bots.
What started as a town has grown into a city. But the beauty of it, it has never outgrown the community feel.

When new members start out they wont know how to act unless we show them by example.
If you don't like a thread, pass on by. The wtb $10 one word com thread will drop off with no replies, and at some point, that member will have learned something. Or not.
There is no need to embarrass or deride another member that just doesn't know. They'll either get it or they wont, but everyone deserves time and the chance to learn.
So unless you were a Domainer OG, or came here minted, everyone was / is a n00b at one point, and it is the patience of the senior members that helped us grow.

That is what NP is and always has been all about, every level is welcome here.
And the ones that never get it, or are here with a different agenda, well they don't last long anyways.

So give each other a break, like maybe someone gave you a break, and reach out instead of shout out.

Peace,
Cy

•••

OOOO, i see, thanks for the clarification , I was like, only 200 members logged in ? doesn't seem right at all, Now i know, Thanks Eric!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back