IT.COM

What is a Dynadot "new account " ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SCP Foundation

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone

I have a domain at Dynadot and i would like to push it (transfer it to another Dynadot account) but when I read the Dynadot help page it says that new accounts can't push domains to new accounts.
I created my Dynadot about a week ago so idk if i can push or not to another feshly made Dynadot account (less than 1 week).
I tried contacting Dynadot support but still no answer.

So I would like to know if you guys know what is considered as a "new account" by Dynadot ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
An account less than 90 days old can't push a domain, to another Dynadot account. Yours being a week / less than a week old would be a problem, according to their criteria

Last edited:
•••
@jhm Ok but if i wanted to do the push from my account (new) to another account which is 90+ days old would it be possible ?

•••
Last edited:
•••
@jhm Ok but if i wanted to do the push from my account (new) to another account which is 90+ days old would it be possible ?
@jhm is correct, our current policy is New Accounts (accounts younger than 90 days) are not able to push domains away. Sorry about that!

•••
@jhm is correct, our current policy is New Accounts (accounts younger than 90 days) are not able to push domains away. Sorry about that!
ok thank you for answer :)

•••
And what if the domain sells? You are losing names by forcing a transfer. Granted it may not happen too often but a name should be pushable before 90 days. That is too long.

•••
And what if the domain sells? You are losing names by forcing a transfer. Granted it may not happen too often but a name should be pushable before 90 days. That is too long.
Unfortunately you would not be able to push a sold a domain to another account if your account is still within the 90 day period. You could still transfer it as long as the domains 60 day registration lock is off, or sell it on our marketplace as that counts as a system push rather than a customer push.

We added this lock to mitigate fraud, but I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you! I will bring this up with our team to see if we will consider adjusting the lock rules/lock timeframe this year.

•••
Unfortunately you would not be able to push a sold a domain to another account if your account is still within the 90 day period. You could still transfer it as long as the domains 60 day registration lock is off, or sell it on our marketplace as that counts as a system push rather than a customer push.

We added this lock to mitigate fraud, but I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you! I will bring this up with our team to see if we will consider adjusting the lock rules/lock timeframe this year.

Domain push is done, AFTER successful login to Dynadot account. And before domain push, you're asking to unlock account so 2FA security is also passed. If at all any fraud happens, it should be 'lapse of security' within Dynadot and that should ban every account not accounts less than 90 days.

If at all Dynadot security is breached, then the domain is being stolen away... in that case you need to restrict that the receiver account (the thief account) should be 90 days old, in order to receive a domain via push.

What sort of fraud are we mitigating here?

•••
My coworker have faced a similar issue , email to [email protected] and [email protected] explain them the issue.

They might ask you for identity proofs.

We were open to provide them whatever was needed and the account restrictions were removed.

@Dynadot being the best registrar should consider this issue and change their rules.
Dynadot is preferred by most of the domainers like me,
A domain name can be sold even on the same day of being registered.
Waiting for 60 or 90 days lock would lead to domain deals being cancelled.

•••
Domain push is done, AFTER successful login to Dynadot account. And before domain push, you're asking to unlock account so 2FA security is also passed. If at all any fraud happens, it should be 'lapse of security' within Dynadot and that should ban every account not accounts less than 90 days.

If at all Dynadot security is breached, then the domain is being stolen away... in that case you need to restrict that the receiver account (the thief account) should be 90 days old, in order to receive a domain via push.

What sort of fraud are we mitigating here?
So without getting into too much detail, we had had issues in 2022 with New Accounts created who then had domains pushed into them to commit fraud, which is why we imposed this new restriction. We understand the need for users to want to push domains to complete sales, and this year we are currently revising the lock to a shorter time period, so it will not be the full 90 days.

•••
So without getting into too much detail, we had had issues in 2022 with New Accounts created who then had domains pushed into them to commit fraud, which is why we imposed this new restriction. We understand the need for users to want to push domains to complete sales, and this year we are currently revising the lock to a shorter time period, so it will not be the full 90 days.

"New Accounts created who then had domains pushed into them to commit fraud".

So, the receiving account is supposedly a fraudster account. Then the one who pushes/sends domain shouldn't be restricted in any form. Who gains asset is to be blocked. Not the one who loses the asset.

We understand the need for users to want to push domains to complete sales, and this year we are currently revising the lock to a shorter time period, so it will not be the full 90 days.

Nevertheless what the time period is, during which someone is restricted, it should be total denial of buying/selling, altogether. Letting a transaction happen, and then blocking/keeping the money is not accepted by any standards. It's called sanctioning.

•••
"New Accounts created who then had domains pushed into them to commit fraud".

So, the receiving account is supposedly a fraudster account. Then the one who pushes/sends domain shouldn't be restricted in any form. Who gains asset is to be blocked. Not the one who loses the asset.
Apologies, I may not have been the most clear. It was between two accounts, BOTH who were new which is why we imposed the push restriction on new accounts.
Nevertheless what the time period is, during which someone is restricted, it should be total denial of buying/selling, altogether. Letting a transaction happen, and then blocking/keeping the money is not accepted by any standards. It's called sanctioning.
A Domain push would usually mean the transaction would happen externally from Dynadot, so no money to or from Dynadot is involved, but I am assuming you're referring the Payout lock on New Accounts as we discussed in our main thread. We try to keep everything in house while the account is new just in case there are any issues with the account, so we're still able to reverse anything that is done fraudulently to protect both us and our established users. However, we understand that these restrictions make us inaccessible for users wanting to try our site for the first time, which is why we are looking at revising these rules this year!

•••
Restrictions may be justified if both accounts are new.

But we are unable to push the domain from a new account to any other account.

Suppose a new user sells the domain name in the lock period of 60 days, he is Unable to push the domain name to the afternic or dan account to complete the transaction.

Afternic or Dan accounts are established old accounts on Dynadot.

The option to push domain names is disabled without verifying whether other accounts are new or old.

@Dynadot please take this as a feedback to improve the system.

•••
However, we understand that these restrictions make us inaccessible for users wanting to try our site for the first time, which is why we are looking at revising these rules this year!

"these restrictions make us inaccessible for users wanting to try our site for the first time".

You want new comers to try your site. But, once they try out with their money, you block their funds calling them fraud?!

You're doing disservice to those who want to try out, by locking their funds/account/domain - when they try out. Besides, how do you think, they're going to stay with you if you lock their account/assets, when they try out?!

But we are unable to push the domain from a new account to any other account.

Suppose a new user sells the domain name in the lock period of 60 days, he is Unable to push the domain name to the afternic or dan account to complete the transaction.

Afternic or Dan accounts are established old accounts on Dynadot.

@Dynadot

This is exactly what my concern is. When a domain investor buys name via Dynadot and puts it on sales in Dan/Afternic, and you don't allow the push, what's the point in registering name with Dynadot?

If you ever have any measures that need to be met before someone can be allowed to transact in your site you need to make it the primary validation as part of the signup process. Do not let anyone pay you or buy from you until they clear your security clearance. Once you take their money, you're obliged to permit them to perform any transaction like any other trusted user, since they've cleared your security checks already, unless there is either a) suspected sign in OR b) credit card fraud. Both a and b can happen with any established or new account.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back