IT.COM

Questions about Dynadot

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domainjonny

Impact
Can anyone tell me their experience at Dynadot with regards to:

1. using the anonymize.com service for all details of the domain (Has Dynadot a complete separation like godaddy, namesilo, etc. between registrar account holder details and domain details?

2. Are there any transfer out fees?

3. Do domain contacts need to match up or is the Auth Code enough for transfering in and out of Dynadot? (Often switch first/last name and business in whois makes me crazy, locking me for 60 days at old registrar before moving to a new registrar).

4. If for any reason I decide to leave dynadot, can an account be completely deleted or does dynadot keep the data?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1. using the anonymize.com service for all details of the domain (Has Dynadot a complete separation like godaddy, namesilo, etc. between registrar account holder details and domain details?
Yes. You can have separate whois and account details. DD also provides free privacy now so there shouldn't be a need to use anonymize.com service

2. Are there any transfer out fees?
No

3. Do domain contacts need to match up or is the Auth Code enough for transfering in and out of Dynadot? (Often switch first/last name and business in whois makes me crazy, locking me for 60 days at old registrar before moving to a new registrar).
Auth is enough. I've had buyers transfer out domain (where the contacts should not match) and it went off without a hitch

4. If for any reason I decide to leave dynadot, can an account be completely deleted or does dynadot keep the data?
I expect they do but then @Dynadot can confirm with certainty

•••
Thanks anantj !

Anyone knows if at dynadot they have the service to sync expiration dates of domains?

I stumbled on an $8.15 transfer price back in October for Dynadot, do they do transfer promo's regularly?

Is it possible to push domains between dynadot accounts, and if so is there a cost to do so?

•••
1. No idea
2. Yes but not regularly. They have transfer promos sometimes (I think there's a registration promo going on right now)
3. Yes and at no cost

•••
Thanks anantj !

Anyone knows if at dynadot they have the service to sync expiration dates of domains?

I stumbled on an $8.15 transfer price back in October for Dynadot, do they do transfer promo's regularly?

Is it possible to push domains between dynadot accounts, and if so is there a cost to do so?

No, we don't have the sync feature.

I tend to say we don't. We (the CS team) do ask for more renewal/transfer sales/coupons, but in general, most of our coupons are for new registrations. Renewal/Transfer sales are infrequent.

Yes, you can push/pull domains, it is free.

https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/change-ownership

•••

ICANN requires Registrars keep customer data for X amount of time after a connected domain leaves us. I think that time is 2 years, but I don't know for certain off the top of my head.

•••
ICANN requires Registrars keep customer data for X amount of time after a connected domain leaves us. I think that time is 2 years, but I don't know for certain off the top of my head.
Can you please investigate and confirm? Thanks!

•••
•••
@Dynadot is it just me or the UNLOCK REQUEST button (the one with the ridiculous 5 day wait period you were supposed to correct or remove following 43253455454 client complaints about it.. and where you are the only rergistrar in the world who seems to explain this delay as somehow "necessary"...)... is no longer there for expired names?

how do we now unlock expired names now?

thanks!

Last edited:
•••
@Dynadot is it just me or the UNLOCK REQUEST button (the one with the ridiculous 5 day wait period you were supposed to correct or remove following 43253455454 client complaints about it.. and where you are the only rergistrar in the world who seems to explain this delay as somehow "necessary"...)... is no longer there for expired names?

how do we now unlock expired names now?

thanks!

I emailed support about this.. cause I needed my code asap.. just so all know:

dynadot changed their policy and the unlock button is no longer there. now you need to email support so they remove the flag from expired names.. and then u just unlock them.

I guess its better than waiting the silly 5 days... but still not better than just being able to do it yourself... like on 99% of other rergistrars...

why aren't you allowing this to be done by your clients exactly? @Dynadot

•••
•••

You can create multiple Registrant profiles, which can be different from the account holder. But if they lock the account you can't get authcodes, and at that point only the domain registrant can force transfer out.

Before using Dynadot you should read and understand the threads about them locking your account without warning, here's a good one to start with: https://www.namepros.com/threads/dynadot-refusing-to-unlock-account-what-are-my-options.824770/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back