IT.COM

advice What do you think about those brandables I acquired in aftermarket? Glad to read the truth.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

M0rd0r

Established Member
Impact
Hi domainwizards!

I am trying to grow my portfolio buying some brandables, I think given my tiny budget I can afford better domains in this categories instead of EMD.

I would like to have a second opinion to know if I bought sellable domains or totally crap.

All of these domains I acquired on Expired Domains Auctions at a $20-$30 each.

The domains I would like to share with you are:
ExoticConcept / com
MarketingAces / com
ElementNetwork / com
GemologyCosmetics / com
RunnerAdvisors / com
GamesBack / com
FlareDev / com
AugmentedDriving / com

What do you think about the purchases?

Do you think those names are interesting in their respective niches?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

i wouldn't bid on any of them

when you buy a domain, you also have to consider grammar, singular vs. plural, and broad vs specific

for instance: exotic concept is singular, versus exotic concepts, which is plural and covers a broader aspect of "exotic".

it's not good practice to pick from what was left over..... because there are reasons why, it was left.

Good Luck though!

imo....

•••
Hello @M0rd0r

I think that MarketingAces could be a winner within that industry.

But as @biggie pointed out, the grammar is wanting on some, but organic search works in mysterious ways, so you never know.

•••
Hi

i wouldn't bid on any of them

when you buy a domain, you also have to consider grammar, singular vs. plural, and broad vs specific

for instance: exotic concept is singular, versus exotic concepts, which is plural and covers a broader aspect of "exotic".

it's not good practice to pick from what was left over..... because there are reasons why, it was left.

Good Luck though!

imo....

Thank you very much for your tip. I will take into account in my next picks :)

BR,

•••
FlareDev / com has potential as a brandable tech developer company name.

They are keywords, and dot coms.
I have seen a hell of a lot worse ;)

Last edited:
•••
Hello @M0rd0r

I think that MarketingAces could be a winner within that industry.

But as @biggie pointed out, the grammar is wanting on some, but organic search works in mysterious ways, so you never know.

Thanks for your reply @CraigD,

I made my own rank of this domain list to testing my basic knowledge with experienced domainers and I am glad to know the best domain on my own list is the domain you choosed :)

The "Tiers" I assigned on my own list are:

TIER 1
MarketingAces / com
ElementNetwork / com
RunnerAdvisors / com

TIER 2
FlareDev / com
GamesBack / com

TIER 3
GemologyCosmetics / com
AugmentedDriving / com
ExoticConcept / com

Note that those "tiers" I am using only to rank the domains of this list.

BR,

•••
FlareDev / com has potential as a brandable tech developer company name.

They are keywords, and dot coms.
I have seen a hell of a lot worse ;)

Thanks for your feedback @CraigD

•••
Too long and avoid s’s. Proper English is preferable as well meaning no inverted words. I don’t consider any of those names as Tier 1.

•••
Last edited:
•••
AugmentedDriving.com is the only one that grabs my interest out of the bunch. (The rest are meh.)

Big advances coming down the pipeline for augmented driving. I saw some impressive concepts at CES 2020.

Excellent pickup on that domain.

Agree. A big part in coming out on top with domaining is being on top of things before they get to become mainstream. Augmented driving is going to be absolutely huge and a part of our daily lives in 10+ years.
Attending events like CES and other tech conventions are really helpful. You don't need to be physically there either especially the way the world is changing, you can attend the future conventions sitting at the comfort of your home.

•••
Too long and avoid s’s. Proper English is preferable as well meaning no inverted words. I don’t consider any of those names as Tier 1.
Thanks for your useful tip. I'll take into account on my next picks.

•••
Agree. A big part in coming out on top with domaining is being on top of things before they get to become mainstream. Augmented driving is going to be absolutely huge and a part of our daily lives in 10+ years.
Attending events like CES and other tech conventions are really helpful. You don't need to be physically there either especially the way the world is changing, you can attend the future conventions sitting at the comfort of your home.

Do you understand what 'augmented' means in terms of VR technology?
The driver will still be there in a car on the road.

•••
Hi domainwizards!

I am trying to grow my portfolio buying some brandables, I think given my tiny budget I can afford better domains in this categories instead of EMD.

I would like to have a second opinion to know if I bought sellable domains or totally crap.

All of these domains I acquired on Expired Domains Auctions at a $20-$30 each.

The domains I would like to share with you are:
ExoticConcept / com
MarketingAces / com
ElementNetwork / com
GemologyCosmetics / com
RunnerAdvisors / com
GamesBack / com
FlareDev / com
AugmentedDriving / com

What do you think about the purchases?

Do you think those names are interesting in their respective niches?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom!

I like

augmented driving

Marketing aces

Game's back

Your grammar is fine and picks are mostly solid.

•••
FlareDev
AugmentedDriving
not bad

others reg fee

•••
you have to understand whether a domain is perfectly brandable or keyword-based.

I found ElementNetwork and FlareDev to be brandable domains. Other domains consist of a keyword that is a business category like marketing, exotic, augmented, etc. They are limitedly brandable.

as mentioned by other members - plurals should also be avoided. Further, you can submit these names to brandable marketplaces to have an expert evaluation.

•••
Of the list of names, FlareDev & AugmentedDriving caught my eye as pick-ups worth the relatively small dollar cost for their acquisition.

•••
you have to understand whether a domain is perfectly brandable or keyword-based.

I found ElementNetwork and FlareDev to be brandable domains. Other domains consist of a keyword that is a business category like marketing, exotic, augmented, etc. They are limitedly brandable.

as mentioned by other members - plurals should also be avoided. Further, you can submit these names to brandable marketplaces to have an expert evaluation.

Thanks for your feedback @TauseefKhan. So, as long as I can understand, perfectly brandable domains names can be used in more than one business category and keyword-based domains are limited to his business category, right?

•••
Thanks for sharing your list, @M0rd0r.

I have not done the research required to decide if good acquisition or not, but FlareDev could apply to a variety of areas. I wondered how common the abbreviation dev is used in names- on NameBio there are 61 sales in .com that have it as suffix (probably a few additional where at end but not suffix are also relevant). Here is the list. I also wondered about company use, and OpenCorporates show 960 active companies using word flare in some way (none with both flare and dev, yet :xf.wink:), with broad distribution of sectors. I would say encouraging.

The point that concept and concepts mean different things for a business, and are generally not interchangeable, got me to wondering how common each form is. If I exclude inactives but otherwise just a simple search (so it would include former names) there are 67,832 companies using the singular and 61,839 on the plural. So both are highly used forms in corporate names. Even though concept/concepts so popular, I am not wildly enthusiastic about the exotic combination, but maybe that is just me.

Of the other names MarketingAces and AugmentedDriving seem best to me based only on a quick glance.

Best wishes with your names.

Bob

PS By the way I like the idea of dividing into tiers like you did, although personally would move Flare and Augmented up in your tiers and Gemology, and possibly Runner, down. I am still trying to decide on Element. But you have undoubtedly researched the fields much deeper than me, so don't place much on these comments.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for your quick analysis @Bob Hawkes.

It is really useful to improve my future acquisitions.

•••
Do you understand what 'augmented' means in terms of VR technology?
The driver will still be there in a car on the road.

Yes.
Thats not why we can attend these shows while sitting at home in the future. Think postcovid world.

•••

100% agreement here, and has been my approach.
Get in early on keywords, and be prepared for a long wait.
I also suggest that domains are pre-registered for long term because I made that mistake of dropping a couple that I am now really kicking myself over.

•••
Tip nobody wants tier 2 3 4. Hard part is accepting it and letting go as expire.

Last edited:
•••
Tip nobody wants tier 2 3 4. Hard part is accepting it and letting go as expire.

Thanks for your tip. I would like to invest more capital in Tier 1 domains but I consider I need more knowledge to start investing in that type of domains.

Nowadays I consider I am not enough skills to value a domain name and pay $500-$1000 for it.

•••
Thanks for your tip. I would like to invest more capital in Tier 1 domains but I consider I need more knowledge to start investing in that type of domains.

Nowadays I consider I am not enough skills to value a domain name and pay $500-$1000 for it.
You still buy at reg fee you just do not have to buy for sake of it but when you can't resist when spot bargin.

Last edited:
•••
If you can spot a future trend, you should be able to hand-reg keyword domains for peanuts, but be prepared to hold for a long time. You will also avoid trademark issues that other domainers encounter.

•••
Back