NameSilo

What do you think about those brandables I acquired in aftermarket? Glad to read the truth.

Labeled as advice in Domain Beginners, started by M0rd0r, Jul 27, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. lock

lock DomainUsed.com VIP

Trends also can be spotted and not just followed. Brands sold that have something similar in common allow others to create a relevant name for target industry. A lot think trends is jumping in on bandwagon which is true but eg datachain was a 37k sale so serverchain at reg fee is a sold bet. Identify what you can see that could sell rather than everyone is buying bitcoin+most odd keyword.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. April004

April004 Established Member

Keep AugmentedDriving.com as you can fetch a good prospective buyer who will want to develop a site around it in near future 5-6 years. Drop all the other domains for $20 price in any marketplace. I don't find anyone will bid on them if they've not got visitors, backlinks, and ad revenue!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  3. M0rd0r

M0rd0r Established Member

Thanks for our feedback @April004

4. Recons.Com

Recons.Com Top Contributor VIP

Again, you are doing just fine. Remember, domain investors are not your target audience. They often are like retail bankers and have very "inside the box" thinking.

E.g. for your marketing aces, they could use it for upgrade:

https://marketing-aces.com/contact/

I don't know why @April004 suggests you should drop it...

here is another use of a longer version:

https://www.marketingforaces.com/

The name would be upgrade for these guys too, as they have awkward spelling and wrong order...

https://www.acesmkting.com/

5. M0rd0r

M0rd0r Established Member

Hi @Recons.Com,

Thanks for your awesome tip!

It is really useful for me the knowledge you share with me to improve my picks in the future and better understand domaining.

Specifically for MarketingAces I didn't thought to offer via outbound but definitely it is a good idea.

6. Recons.Com

Recons.Com Top Contributor VIP

You are welcome. You don't have to do outbound. This is just a quality indicator. If you name would be an upgrade for few existing businesses, it means a) it is generic enough; b) it is good to hold with or without outbound.

7. Mike Goodman

Mike Goodman Established Member

@M0rd0r the only thing I noted which was not a match was GemologyCosmetics / com. Gems and cosmetics are unrelated without some convoluted thought process such as attempting to match cosmetics with gems to be worn at the same time, not a good branding message. Did you read it as germology? I'd dump that one.

The others are worth pursuing. Do some value assessments and, priced accurately, I think you should make a good profit overall, with some doing better than others.

One other point: I'd ignore the comments on your tiers. I wouldn't rank them the same way as you nor as several of the others. We all have our own ideas and if you take some of them seriously it will dishearten you unnecessarily. For a first attempt you've done a really good job. You have every right to be pleased with yourself.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice