NameSilo

The first domains bought in the aftermarket. What do you think? Glad to hear the truth.

Labeled as advice in Domain Beginners, started by M0rd0r, Jun 1, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. M0rd0r

M0rd0r Established Member

Hi domainwizards!

After nearly 6 months reading and learning the fabulous domaining world I decided to make my first purchases in the Aftermarket (Expired Auctions of Registars specifically, I don't know if Aftermarket is well used in this context)

In my first experiment I searched for:
    - Long-aged domains (+5 years)
    - Not in sale in the past (using Wayback Machine)
    - Max. Bid: $30
    - dot coms

Obviously I am interested in expensive domains but I think I need to have more knowledge to understand the value of better domains before spending my first bucks there.

The domains I bought were:
    CloverLaw / com
    ComplianceEurope / com
    BrandingFolks / com (In this case only 4 years old)

What do you think about the purchase? Do you think Those names are interesting in their respective niches?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Zagalee

Zagalee Established Member

I like CloverLaw. I saw a potential Enduser over Google.

You just have to wait when he knocks on the door or maybe another people.

Screenshot_20200601-192013_Samsung Internet.jpg

3. M0rd0r

4. Solid Snake

Solid Snake New Member

That’s awesome that you started buying, congrats man. I’m pretty new and compiling research and notes still, I found my niche but I’m kind of confused now what I should be looking for now within the niche. I’m guessing the current and future trends, but I don’t know what I’m looking for when it comes to checking the expired domain lists, domains sold sections, figuring out what gives these domain names value in their respective niche. Your domain names sound pretty good to me!

5. M0rd0r

Thanks @Solid Snake.

There are awesome posts here where you can get interesting keys to understand how domaining works. I encourage you to spend your time here. Worth it.

6. M0rd0r

7. Ostrados

Ostrados Entrepreneur VIP

If it was me I would pass on these names in a droplist, except maybe for BrandingFolks because it is more brandable than the others and is not a bad name.

That being said I think you are on the right track but you still need experience which you will gain overtime when you start buying and selling domains. Dont wait long to sell domains you can start selling them at wholesale here and in other places and this way you will start getting idea about what has value and what not.

Best of luck for you

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  8. M0rd0r

9. M0rd0r

10. HotKey

HotKey Made in Canada VIP

These are respectable first purchases, kudos on studying up first. Consider a cross-reference on keywords such as "clover", "compliance" and "folks" and their pairings via Namebio to get a pulse for worth and popularity.
    As per your question, I think they are interesting and appealing domain names. Good luck with them!

11. M0rd0r

Thanks for your feedback @HotKey

12. M0rd0r

13. Dave

Dave Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Much respect to you for taking your time before jumping in.

I agree that these are respectable enough purchases since you're still so new.

I think CloverLaw and BrandingFolks have promise and could sell to end users.

Please don't lose heart if you don't get an offer this year or next. Selling domains to end users can take time.

14. M0rd0r

Thanks for your feedback @Dave

15. M0rd0r

16. AbdulBasit.com

AbdulBasit.com DomainsWeb.com AbdulBasit.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

As @Dave pointed out, it's good you've taken some time to read and learn before you started buying domains.

I like CloverLaw.com.

By the way, domain age doesn't matter IMO. Sharing my point of view as you said for a domain being 4 years old. I'll buy any great domain with today's creation date at the right price.

Best wishes!

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice