Domain Empire

domain What do you think about my new gTLD domain? Advice thread.

NameSilo
Watch

Brands.International

MarekTop Member
Impact
In this thread, I will give you my opinion about your submitted new gTLD domain name.

I will focus not only on its numerical appraisal, but also will take other factors into consideration (mainly renewal fee and what you do with the name, where it is presented, etc), to debate whether it is a good investment choice (in my opinion). Just because I am a new gTLD investor it does not mean that I will give good opinion on crappy names - so I will tell you when I see no value or potential. To see examples of new gTLD domain names I personally invest in, you can check my website www.brands.international.

Rules:
1. Only 1 new gTLD domain name can be submitted daily per 1 Namepros user.
2. This thread is related to new gTLD domain names only - I can not give you my opinion about .com, .net, org or ccTLD names like .de or .co.uk names, as I do not have enough direct experience with them.
3. I am not responsible for any damages related to my advice - it is only my personal opinion, although I will really try my best to give reasonable, and well-balanced opinion.
4. You can submit only domain name you personally own.
5. For security and privacy purposes, all names submitted and discussed in replies must be in
keyword(s) / gTLD extension format (for example royal / estate, or bestgames / online)
6. Comments/opinions/appraisals from other members on any name submitted here are very welcome :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Bed.guide

Registered on Go-Daddy
£34 renewal

•••
•••
CleanEnergy / Today

Last edited:
•••
Kindly appraise:

ETH
/supply

Many Thanks

•••
PREMIUM.CAFE

Thanks..peterDN

•••
Thanks @lolwarrior!

Here’s another one:

Ledger / nyc

@NameTurtle I personally do not feel ledger / nyc much, but it has some potential. The name is for standard renewal for .nyc (around 25-30) and it was first registered in Oct 2014 by someone and holded for 3 years, while there are only few specific end user cases I can imagine some really reasonable connection between geo extension .nyc and word "ledger".

On the other side, IF this sells to a very specific end user, it can be 5-8k sale, something along similar notes as sale of wire / berlin.

This name has double restriction of end user pool which was also the case of some previous names I feedbacked here: first restriction is that it must be tech or accountancy company somehow related to ledger, and second restriction is that it must be from NYC area. Mainly that second geo restriction brings probability of resale in above price range pretty much down.

I would feel it is a balanced investment - you will not retire on it, but it will probably pay for itself. GL :)

Last edited:
•••
viral / photo

@Abdou abdou
Viral / photo - this name has standard renewal attached to it. It was first registered in early new gTLD times, in April 2014, then dropped twice until now, third time it was registered by OP.

This is 300-2,5k name imo in 2018, prob. of resale 1% for any given year, renewal fee is around 25, therefore we see projected profit per any given year as 3-25, while cost is 25.

This is a balanced investment imo, shifted not in favour of domain investor. I personally would not register it (as we can check at uniregistry.com that viral / movie and viral / cam are for sale now for around USD 200, so I do not see much leverage here when it comes to asking price for viral in .photo).

•••
In 2014 i was manage to get these domains. What do you think?

Price.(cheap)
Cyber.(watch)
Guru.(report)
Programmer.(codes)
Broadway.(company)

Just to name few.

Thanks
@DomainsMaven Only 1 domain per user as per thread rules, so I will pick cyber / watch, which I think is the most valuable from the set.

This domain has standard renewal attached to it for .watch (around 25 at many registrars).

This is 3-8k name imo in 2018, prob. of resale 1% for any given year, renewal fee is around 25, therefore we see projected profit per any given year as 30-80, while cost is 25. End user pool is large here, any tech company in cyber security area, name is pretty memorable and brandable.

This is a nice investment imo, and I think it is a keeper which will make money to domain investor holding it, and will grow in value in time as well.
GL :)

•••
TheSports / Bet
@Sumeeth
TheSports / Bet - I personally do not think this name will resell any time soon. The renewal is low around 10, but even for this renewal I would send the money to something better. I think it is better to have few names of high quality, then lot of names like this. I have myself experimented with dozens of new gTLDs prefixed with "the", and I think it is still too soon in 2018 for that (there are few exceptions in this, though).

•••
Exquisite / app

Thanks in advance
@tiawalling
Exquisite / app kind of make sense, but I just do not feel this keyword. Maybe it can sell for 500 - 1k if someone likes it, but I think probabilities are so low that it is not going to be an profitable investment.

Oh, I am just checking this now, does this name has premium renewal attached to it around $120? If this is so, this makes above statement even stronger. I would try to resell for a year, and if no action, I would send money to something better. GL :)

•••
I know you are focusing on gTLDs, but I would appreciate your opinion on whichever of these you think is the most valuable:

impair / me
marked / in
storing / biz

Your insight is very appreciated.
@YourBestTrader I do not feel any of them much, so personally I would not register them. Not because they are not new gTLDs, but because their quality is not high enough to justify payment of renewals for them, imo. If I should choose one which is the best, I would go for storing / biz, because here I can imagine some end users. But I would not put much hope in .biz when it comes to resell price. GL :)

Last edited:
•••
amazing / repair
@MrAcidic
amazing / repair
This name has standard renewal for .repair attached to it, which is USD 25 . It was first registered in early new gTLD times, in Jun 2014, then dropped once until now, second time it was registered by OP.

This is 2k-5k name imo in 2018, prob. of resale 1% for any given year, renewal fee is around 25, therefore we see projected profit per any given year as 20-50, while cost is 25.

I think it will prove to be an good investment in time, but I also feel that it might take several years to sell it. This is a typical new gTLD brandable name, some end users will like it, but there are also many possible alternatives, so this the reason why longer time for resale would be probably needed for this one. GL :)

•••
Condo / Ventures

@Sumeeth
condo / ventures:
I think this name will not resell, as it does not make really much sense. Keyword "condo" does not go well with .ventures gTLD, semantically.

I think this is "pizza.elephant" type of name, I wrote an separate article about it, one can read it here :)

Last edited:
•••
JobsNearMe / app
@LifeFreedom
jobsnearme / app
I remember the nice name rescueme/ app, but I think "jobsnearme" / app will not perform in similar fashion.

The reason is that we start to have tons of close alternatives available to end users for reg fee in .app:
(jobnearus, jobsnearus, jobnearby, jobsnearby, nearbyjobs, nearbyjob, etc..), not to mention some close alternatives in other new gTLD extensions.

This means you will not have any leverage when it comes to negotiation with end users. I would test this one for a year, and if no action, I would send the investment money to some better name. GL :)

•••
@DomainsMaven Only 1 domain per user as per thread rules, so I will pick cyber / watch, which I think is the most valuable from the set.

This domain has standard renewal attached to it for .watch (around 25 at many registrars).

This is 3-8k name imo in 2018, prob. of resale 1% for any given year, renewal fee is around 25, therefore we see projected profit per any given year as 30-80, while cost is 25. End user pool is large here, any tech company in cyber security area, name is pretty memorable and brandable.

This is a nice investment imo, and I think it is a keeper which will make money to domain investor holding it, and will grow in value in time as well.
GL :)

Appreciate your feedback on this

Thanks

•••
images / expert
@Oblivious Fella
images / expert
image / expert would have some very decent chances (fashion related term).

The probability that this plural form (images / expert, which seems to be a term related to expertise in relation to image processing) will sell for any significant premium, is almost close to 0, imo.

There is no leverage to end user, when images / coach can be registered for USD 6, and images / guru for USD 36 at the moment of writing (check uniregistry.com for keyword "images").

Test it for a year, if no action, send your money to some better destination, imo. GL :)

•••
•••
@MrAcidic
amazing / repair
This name has standard renewal for .repair attached to it, which is USD 25 . It was first registered in early new gTLD times, in Jun 2014, then dropped once until now, second time it was registered by OP.

This is 2k-5k name imo in 2018, prob. of resale 1% for any given year, renewal fee is around 25, therefore we see projected profit per any given year as 20-50, while cost is 25.

I think it will prove to be an good investment in time, but I also feel that it might take several years to sell it. This is a typical new gTLD brandable name, some end users will like it, but there are also many possible alternatives, so this the reason why longer time for resale would be probably needed for this one. GL :)
Thanks again for your time and knowledge - appreciate it! (y)

•••
LOAN / PARTS & BONNET / PARTS

•••
webmaster.zone

Thank you Lolwarrior

•••
•••
CheapCars/rentals
IndiaVacation/rentals
Your valuable appraisal is highly appreciated. Thanks buddy!

•••
Bump

Last edited:
•••
@LifeFreedom
jobsnearme / app
I remember the nice name rescueme/ app, but I think "jobsnearme" / app will not perform in similar fashion.

The reason is that we start to have tons of close alternatives available to end users for reg fee in .app:
(jobnearus, jobsnearus, jobnearby, jobsnearby, nearbyjobs, nearbyjob, etc..), not to mention some close alternatives in other new gTLD extensions.

This means you will not have any leverage when it comes to negotiation with end users. I would test this one for a year, and if no action, I would send the investment money to some better name. GL :)
Thank you kindly 👍

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back