IT.COM

tips What BIN prices work the best for you?

NameSilo
Watch

What are your BIN prices like?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Same for all domains

votes
    21.4%
  • Random prices

votes
    57.1%
  • Make offer only

votes
    21.4%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

enterscope

Domain InvestmentsTop Member
Impact
There has been discussions on various BIN prices with the general accepted "sweet spot" around $2000-$3000. I'm just curious if anyone has set BIN prices for their different tier domains, and if a certain number i.e. $3488 seems to get more purchases? What are your BIN prices for Bargains, Brandables, Premiums, etc.?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anyone out there have any tips?

•••
I price each domain individually...
According to my goals and my research of potential buyers...

•••
the BIN price you put also depends on the extension of the domain.

•••
I cant say I have any data that this works. But I created a series of pricing tiers for each name. I started with the price I want to get after commission then using excel I have that price plus 11% in one column and plus 25% in another column for the low commission marketplaces like Epik and large commission marketplaces like Afternic. I then took the marked up prices and rounded them out to end in 88 for no real reason than I have heard of others standardizing on that.

•••
I price most of mine at $199 and $299

•••
$3488 seems get more cuz “88” lucky chinese

Try get every edge u can attain. Good luck :)

Samer

Last edited:
•••
$3488 seems get more cuz “88” lucky chinese

Try get every edge u can attain. Good luck :)

Samer

I too have settled on ending prices in 88.

1. I have read that non round prices work because they trick us into believing they were arrived at my careful consideration not just randomly choosen, so it gives more authenticity and credibility to the price.

2. I also decided to go with 88 to end the price because 1988 was a good year, mostly because that's when I was born. 😂

•••
I had success using BIN at $3,999 but not consistently.

•••
What BIN prices work the best for you?
The ones they click on and buy!! :xf.smile:

•••
•••
Most my prices are in 1800 to 3500 range. I price higher if the name has substantial acquisition cost and/or is a total keeper with my own potential use.

•••
1DOLLA

What BIN prices work the best for you?

•••
•••
I cant say I have any data that this works. But I created a series of pricing tiers for each name. I started with the price I want to get after commission then using excel I have that price plus 11% in one column and plus 25% in another column for the low commission marketplaces like Epik and large commission marketplaces like Afternic. I then took the marked up prices and rounded them out to end in 88 for no real reason than I have heard of others standardizing on that.
Thanks for sharing, I have a question, so do you list the same domain at different price at Epik as well as Afternic ? And are you okay with the impact on the potential enduser who is not aware about domaining. Thank you

•••
Thanks for sharing, I have a question, so do you list the same domain at different price at Epik as well as Afternic ? And are you okay with the impact on the potential enduser who is not aware about domaining. Thank you

So I use different pricing based on commission. I am in the process of building my own site and landers. Then I will standardize all marketplaces on the higher BIN adjusted to Afternics pricing but in my site and landers show that price crossed out and the lower price.

But in either case the idea is the same if I want to pass the savings of a lower commission into the user. Granted if they see both prices the average end user may not realize why it's cheaper in one place than another but if they will probably just buy it where it's cheaper and not worry too much about it I would guess.

•••
•••
So I use different pricing based on commission. I am in the process of building my own site and landers. Then I will standardize all marketplaces on the higher BIN adjusted to Afternics pricing but in my site and landers show that price crossed out and the lower price.

But in either case the idea is the same if I want to pass the savings of a lower commission into the user. Granted if they see both prices the average end user may not realize why it's cheaper in one place than another but if they will probably just buy it where it's cheaper and not worry too much about it I would guess.
Thanks for sharing.

•••
Re: a member says "So I use different pricing based on commission"

I have noticed at NP in general (not just this thread) a lot of us appear to make sales commissions far too big a deal. What with very rare sales and portfolio turnover rates nearly 1% I for one don't care if commission at an end-user price level is 5% 9% 15% or 20% it makes an insignificant difference to me because the important thing is getting the sale and little else matters.

Last edited:
•••
Re: a member says "So I use different pricing based on commission"

I have noticed at NP in general (not just this thread) a lot of us appear to make sales commissions far too big a deal. What with very rare sales and portfolio turnover rates nearly 1% I for one don't care if commission at an end-user price level is 5% 9% 15% or 20% it makes an insignificant difference to me because the important thing is getting the sale and little else matters.

I disagree. Commissions affect the profit. If the right profit isnt there then you're better off holding the domain until you can sell it at the right profit.

•••
•••
The poll offers no option for appraised values perceived as random nothing is same.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back