NameSilo

What are you listening to at the moment?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
this topic should be asked in any forum. :)

What are you listening to at the moment?

Right now I'm listening to

T.I. ft. Rihanna - Live your life

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Some of the cleanest and clearest classic Dead recordings I've come across... :xf.cool:

•••
Here's a super-feel-good AM radio hit from summer of '76

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I had one of those Ovations, the one with the aluminum fretboard back in the 70's.
Man, it had a big sound, but it didnt have any soul. Also, they were a drag playing sitting down just jammin' unless they were strapped up.
That rounded back... lol. You had to work hard at not letting slip down into a lap guitar.
I traded it for an old Epi 12 string because of that.
I got the best of that deal.

Before he got "famous", Glen was a outstanding studio cat.
The boy could play anything, just give him a chart.

Another hot picker.... Jerry Reed

Peace,
Kenny

Last edited:
•••
•••
Another pretty good picker.

Thats his brother Ric on drums.

Peace,
Kenny

•••

Joe Bonamassa on Alvin Lee's guitar at the Royal Albert Hall​

- Nobody Loves Me but My Mother

That 335 .... lots of music in that axe.
Couldnt have gone to better player than Joe.

Peace,
Kenny

•••
Another pretty good picker.

Thats his brother Ric on drums.

Peace,
Kenny
Ten Years After :xf.cool: Who was listening then? :unsure:

One of my favourites, poignant lyrics have stood the test of time ...50 Years After!

Last edited:
•••
...wonders if we'll ever return to this kind of 'crazy'? :unsure: :xf.wink:

•••
All the music...so many concerts, so much beer, so much weed...and so many women. Even though you lost that first race...your GTO against my TA 454...you came back for many others over dozens of years and you kept trying to win (and wrecked more than once in the process). You enjoyed hanging out at the radio station so much I pushed you go for that non speaking part to break into the business...you took that movie gig and turned into a fantastic career in front of and behind the camera (thanks for the Kim Basinger banister!).

But this life with all its losses...your older brother, your father and finally your mother...took its toll. A vindictive ex-wife that caused the alienation of your children added to the despair. Now that pain is gone for you and you have found peace in another place. I look forward to the time when we can again clean the clocks of anyone that dares to challenge us to a game of pool or foosball. Rest well Ronnie, you deserve it.

•••
•••
•••
@Mister Funsky
Thanks for sharing the story of your bro with us, man.
I just lost a brother of 50 years a couple weeks ago, and although I could never write such a great tribute as you did, I can still understand your pain.

I was thinking about all the people we've lost recently and came to the conclusion, thats what happens when we get old.
We outlive the people we love and admire.
The people of our youth that meant so much to us, either directly as friends, or indirectly through the music we love or the arts in general.
Gettin old aint easy.

Here is another Ronnie we lost yesterday.
When Brian Wilson first heard this song, he was driving the Mulholland Hiway and had to pull over.
He said it sounded like a female Frankie Lymon, and of course with the Phil Specter production it just rocked him.

The Ronettes perform Be my Baby and Shout live on The Big T.N.T. Show, 1966.

RIP to both Ronnies, yours and ours, and to all the others of our generation that have moved on.

Peace,
Kenny

Last edited:
•••
@Kenny I appreciate your kind words and I am sorry for your loss..., as you know, it is not easy to watch a friend go.

I am grateful namepros afforded me the opportunity to post something...the brothers and sister of my friend locked all his social media...they did not even take the time or energy to create a gathering of his friends...no memorial...nothing. Money and sibling rivalry at its finest (although he was the youngest of 5, he was the favorite...and just as I did at one time, he moved back home to care for his dying parents).

Music is such a powerful and binding force...in the case of my friend, he could give Steve Perry a run for his money...and looking like a young Harrison Ford did not hurt his appeal to the ladies either! :xf.smile:

It is sad to hear of the passing of Ronnie Spector...not many people knew that she was part of the song below. You and I (and everyone reading this) can continue to live for our friends and brothers that have departed...we know they would want it that way. In my case, I decided to get a bike...I've been thinking about it for a couple of years...ordered my leathers last night.

Last edited:
•••
•••
"It's better to burn out than it is to rust..." - Neil Young

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back