IT.COM

discuss What are the chances ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Debasis

Established Member
Impact
a big company don't own the .co extension but they have the .com

What are the chances it will acquire a long .com related to their company ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If they own the .com why do they need .co or any other .com variant?......They don't

•••
a big company don't own the .co extension but they have the .com

I assume you got mixed up with the .CO and .COM in the first sentence, and if so, this comes back to the old "Reign in Hell / Serve in Heaven" question - would you rather have your core brand in an alt-TLD like .CO, .IO, etc. or fall back to a longer domain in order to use .COM.

The answer really depends on the company name and brand. Single-words are far more valuable and useful in alt-TLDs, and if a company called Dolphin Solutions already has something core like Dolphin. io, and the .COM is in use, there is no reason to change over to DolphinSolutions. com just to be on a .COM. It's potential brand protection as a forward, but again, it depends on the price.

Other examples are a bit more murky, but it really comes down to how much of a brand match the company already owns in their non-COM, how much longer the .COM would be, whether the core brand in .COM is in use or available for $$$$$, the price of the long-COM, and about a zillion other factors.

Last edited:
•••
I respect your explanation, but chances are low

If I own my "dot com", I really don't care

•••
I respect your explanation, but chances are low

If I own my "dot com", I really don't care

That's the point, the OP had to have mixed up his first sentence (switching CO with COM), otherwise there is no question. If you already own the core .COM, even mentioning a .CO is superfluous.

Read it this way and it makes sense:

a big company don't own the .com extension but they have the .co

Last edited:
•••
If i have diamond, I don't go for silver

•••
Just .com

Please No Pseudoexts lol

Last edited:
•••
they got what they deserve.

•••
Last edited:
•••
upload_2021-9-3_22-11-13.png

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back