IT.COM

advice Outbound for EMD domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bonsu

Top Member
Impact
I bought an Exact Match Domain from closeout and during my research i found out that a particular company owns the other major extension except the .com which i bought. I sent mails to them but no response... don't know what else to do? The company redirects the .net, org, and .co to their site and the domain is 3 keyword auto niche. What next?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is strange though as they redirect the .net and .org to their website

It could just be a Domainer redirecting traffic to their domain name to grab their attention. :xf.rolleyes:

•••
Have you checked the whois of the .net or .org domains ?

•••
Don't push too hard, give it a week or two and try to follow up, better yet call them. Good luck :xf.smile:

•••
Now that you mentioned it, I'm seeing something similar in outbounds.
Also I got a name in .com, the net is developed and they redirect the
.org to the .net. Reached out to them couple of times but nothing.
funny

•••
Now that you mentioned it, I'm seeing something similar in outbounds.
Also I got a name in .com, the net is developed and they redirect the
.org to the .net. Reached out to them couple of times but nothing.
funny

Same here. Got a couple where the .net .org .info are all developed but the .com (which I had before they acquired the other TLDs) are all active and no bites on the .com

One of them has multiple TLDs owned by different companies with the same name, doing different things, yet no interest in the .com which I have.

However, its clear that the traffic flowing to the .com is their traffic :)

•••
Don't push too hard, give it a week or two and try to follow up, better yet call them. Good luck :xf.smile:
Can't call from Nigeria based on past experience

•••
Same here. Got a couple where the .net .org .info are all developed but the .com (which I had before they acquired the other TLDs) are all active and no bites on the .com

One of them has multiple TLDs owned by different companies with the same name, doing different things, yet no interest in the .com which I have.

However, its clear that the traffic flowing to the .com is their traffic :)
Humans are so unpredictable

•••
They are not interested then

Completely disagree with this. Prospecting, whether it be on the phone, by email, through social channels or whatever, it is about persistence. People are busy, they miss emails and calls, they have other items at the top of their priority list. If you believe your product could bring value to their business, then have confidence in this and tell them why.

In my 9-5 we have stayed in contact consistently with prospects for a year or two with little or no response. And then, suddenly we close them for a million dollar deal, because we stayed top of mind, stayed relevant and caught them at the right time.

This piece of research for Harvard Business Review gives some nice insight in regards to tele-prospecting, but I think there are lessons to be learned here for outbound email too:

https://www.sherpamarketing.co.uk/blog/the-optimum-time-to-follow-up-leads

Last edited:
•••
Can't call from Nigeria based on past experience

Could you use a VoIP service from another country? I'm not 100% on how you set that up, but I know we've done it for some of our clients. For example if we have one of our US teams calling on UK campaign we will set it up so that the incoming call shows as a UK number.

Last edited:
•••
Completely disagree with this. Prospecting, whether it be on the phone, by email, through social channels or whatever, it is about persistence. People are busy, they miss emails and calls, they have other items at the top of their priority list. If you believe your product could bring value to their business, then have confidence in this and tell them why.

There's a lot of truth to this. Personally, I tune out a lot of things I'm interested in until the timing is right.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back