Dynadot

What am I missing???

NameSilo
Watch

For the same $ would you buy P3798.com OR Truck.guide, Drone.guide, SUV.guide, ATV.guide & Art.guide

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Absolutely! One random NLLLL.com is worth way more than five exact-match gTLD's and always will be!

• It's a coin toss.

• I'd go with Truck.guide, Drone.guide, SUV.guide, ATV.guide & Art.guide in stead of P3798.com.

• Long-term the premium gTLD's are going to be a much better investment.

• Who cares about "Long-term", I can flip the non-sense dot com in two months.

• Even though P3798.com is a LNNNN, not a NLLLL, it's still not worth more than any of those gTLD's.

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Premium gTLD

Established Member
Impact
Okay, so I know I'm a "newbie" with "no experience" but I gotta ask, what am I missing?
emperorhasnoclothes.jpg

For the price of a single, random NLLLL.com (in this case P3798.com), I instead purchased the following premium .guide domains:
  • Truck.guide
  • Drone.guide
  • SUV.guide
  • ATV.guide
  • Art.guide
Can anyone honestly say with a straight face that a random LNNNN.com would be a better investment than a single one of the .guide domains above, let alone all five of them?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
P3798.com is not a NLLLL.com , it's a LNNNN.com

N = Number

L = Letter

•••
I guess you're missing market. These came out last year, September? So 15 months. 1 reported sale over $1,000 at Namebio. How many have you sold yourself?

Bad timing. So many coming out at once, then a lot of the China stuff which seems to lean more to the known extensions. I will say the ones you used as as example at least make sense, in right order, unlike 90%+ of the other ones I usually see being posted.

•••
How many have you sold yourself?

So far I've sold $9K worth of new gTLD's and have another $5K deal pending. I've turned down offers on three other domains totaling $3500 and I've had one deal for $2400 fall through.

All sales so far have been to end users.

•••
I meant .guide. I expected to see more than 3 at NB for being out 15 months. Even in this forum, Sales Reported thread, don't see many people posting new gtld sales. There was a new gltd sales thread started, not 1 person posted a sale. The only thing I can conclude is that they're on the smaller side and people don't want to post it.

What new gTLDs have you sold and at what price?

https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-new-gtlds-have-you-sold-and-at-what-price.890809/

not 1 sale posted

We have that big general sales thread that people post in everyday, go thru it. Just not much action on new gltds.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-completed-domain-name-sales-here.83628/page-362

So far I've sold $9K worth of new gTLD's.
You guys should start sharing. With new stuff like this, it's encouraging to see actual sales. There is already a thread started for it, first link in my post. Gotta get some sales in that thread.

Last edited:
•••
I'm guessing there's $50K+ worth of gTLD sales of end user sales listed here.

•••
Link doesn't work, put them in the thread.

•••
•••
•••
The forum is GTLD.LINK and there's a thread there with real sales.

I am beginning to regularly receive unsolicited requests on several of my domains, but again as you said my names "make sense".

Obviously there are many more bad gTLD combinations than good ones, but there are still hundreds of very good, exact-match domain names and they are beginning to generate real interest from long-term end users.

•••
The forum is gtld link and there's a thread there with real sales.

I am beginning to regularly receive unsolicited requests on several of my domains, but again as you said my names "make sense".

Obviously there are many more bad gTLD combinations than good ones, but there are still hundreds of very good, exact-match domain names and they are beginning to generate real interest from long-term end users.

The examples you posted make sense, problem is they're with an extension nobody really cares about, hence my post talking about market. If there was a real one for it, there would be more than 1 reported sale over $1,000 in 15 months. That's straight horrible.

And the market = specific domain/price

For me, real interest = sales

Generate interest doesn't put money in the bank, sales do. So you say you're getting interest but nobody can verify that, and a lot of people just make that up. And then the "sales" you linked to with the other forum, is missing the actual domain, so that could be made up as well. I like specifics. Without them, it could very well just be bs. And there are only around 4 threads a month in that sales section of the forum.

Again, why don't you just start posting your sales in the thread? Get it going. Here it is again, somebody break the ice:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-new-gtlds-have-you-sold-and-at-what-price.890809/

Last edited:
•••
Nowadays you need to focus on trends when there is still a chance to make money on that way

•••
drone.guide best for earning cash in future because currently drone use in most of the place in war and in future its also use for giving delievery of goods.

•••
The examples you posted make sense, problem is they're with an extension nobody really cares about, hence my post talking about market. If there was a real one for it, there would be more than 1 reported sale over $1,000 in 15 months. That's straight horrible.

And the market = specific domain/price

For me, real interest = sales

Again, why don't you just start posting your sales in the thread? Get it going. Here it is again, somebody break the ice:

Just for you JB, posted "specifics" on that thread for $3K .city sale. Kind of hope you don't start paying attention until the rest of us 'newbies' acquire all the single word premium gTLD's.

•••
•••
Stay away from the new extensions, you will end up renewing year after year and eventually they will expire

Sure, some will make a few average sales, but 99% of names will drop in a year or two

•••
Stay away from the new extensions, you will end up renewing year after year and eventually they will expire

Sure, some will make a few average sales, but 99% of names will drop in a year or two
Better Advice: Of course stay away from the crappy 99% of new domains, just as you stay away from the 99% of crappy .com names.

The 1% of great .com names are gone. Invest instead in the 1% of exceptional new domain names (Truck.guide, Art.guide, etc.), they will pay you back in spades over time.

Last edited:
•••
No they won't im afraid...come back in 2 years and say that

•••
I don't have to come back in 2 years. I've already sold multiple premium domains where I've made more than 50X's my original investment, in one case it's 136X the original investment.

But again, that's investing in the premium gTLD domain names as they are released and/or dropped for the first time, which is only possible to do because they haven't picked over for the past 20 years.

•••
1.LNNNN.coms DO NOT sell(actually most of them are available, examples:
p1112.com, p1121.com, p1123.com, p1125.com, p1126.com)

2.The domains you listed cost more than $300/yr since art.guide and truck.guide alone cost $220/yr and $70/yr respectively.

Personally I like new gtlds, so I'm not saying that you can't make money with the ones you bought, just don't compare a $8 reg fee with $300+ a year in renewals.

•••
I have to agree with giles truck.guide? I rather prefer truckguide.com . I have (solid) domains regged with the new extension but is more a like a "wait and hope" investment

•••
1.LNNNN.coms DO NOT sell(actually most of them are available, examples:
p1112.com, p1121.com, p1123.com, p1125.com, p1126.com)

2.The domains you listed cost more than $300/yr since art.guide and truck.guide alone cost $220/yr and $70/yr respectively.

Personally I like new gtlds, so I'm not saying that you can't make money with the ones you bought, just don't compare a $8 reg fee with $300+ a year in renewals.
We're not talking about buying a virgin .COM for $8 that will appreciate dramatically. They no longer exist. That's the whole point for investing BRAND NEW DOMAINS.

And yes, with Art.guide it's $220 per year, which for a three digit domain whose key word is searched more than 673,000 times per month, and for which there literally thousands of variant "Artguide" domains, it's a steal.

•••
We're not talking about buying a virgin .COM for $8 that will appreciate dramatically. They no longer exist. That's the whole point for investing BRAND NEW DOMAINS.

And yes, with Art.guide it's $220 per year, which for a three digit domain whose key word is searched more than 673,000 times per month, and for which there literally thousands of variant "Artguide" domains, it's a steal.

I'm not the one who compares them, you are. You compare a random LNNNN that can be bought with $8 with domains that can be bought with $300+ and you ask which is more valuable.

•••
I have to agree with giles truck.guide? I rather prefer truckguide.com . I have (solid) domains regged with the new extension but is more a like a "wait and hope" investment
I'm not the one who compares them, you are. You compare a random LNNNN that can be bought with $8 with domains that can be bought with $300+ and you ask which is more valuable.
That specific "random" .COM I mentioned is actually for sale and they are asking several hundred dollars for it.

•••
What's your point? I can buy a random .top and ask millions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back