NameSilo

advice Weird - AppleBitcoin.com - Got 4 Inquiries in 2 Hours & than 2 Emails to Transfer to Godaddy ❕❗️

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
Weird - AppleBitcoin.com - Got 4 Inquiries in 2 Hours & than 2 Emails to Transfer to Godaddy ❕❗

any Ideas ?? any thoughts ??
Unknown-2.jpeg

The 4 Inquiries came from 4 different emails ( all US )

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hmmm interesting... I like the play on the Logo there... :)

Did you reply to any of the enquiries yet? - are they emails from actual business domains or from gmail/hotmail/etc... ?

•••
gmail and edu
yes I replied
but what makes me worry is the email from Godaddy !!

Re: Transfer of applebitcoin.com

GoDaddy received a request on November 02, 2017 for us to become the new registrar of record.

You have received this message because you are listed as the Registered Name Holder or Administrative contact for this domain name in the WHOIS database.

Please read the following important information about transferring your domain name:
• You must agree to enter into a new Registration Agreement with us. You can review the full terms and conditions of the Agreement here.
• Once you have entered into the Agreement, the transfer will take place within five (5) calendar days unless the current registrar of record denies the request.
• Once a transfer takes place, you will not be able to transfer to another registrar for 60 days, apart from a transfer back to the original registrar, in cases where both registrars so agree or where a decision in the dispute resolution process so directs.

If you WISH TO PROCEED with the transfer, you must complete the following steps (note if you do not respond 5 days from November 02, 2017, applebitcoin.com will not be transferred to us).
• Please go to our website, GoDaddy.com, log in and follow these instructions.
• When authorizing this transfer, you'll be prompted to provide the following Transfer IDs:
• Transaction ID: 255253768
• Security Code: DKOJ71454

If you DO NOT WANT the transfer to proceed, then don't respond to this message.

If you have any questions, visit Online Support or call us at +1 (480) 505-8877.

•••
•••
•••
@Michael Ehrhardt - You should still have time to edit - I would remove the transaction and security code from post of that email to be on the safe side. (yes lock/lack of auth code will prevent transfer - but still seems like I wouldn't want to publish those godaddy transfer codes when it seems someone is trying to initiate a transfer.)

Last edited:
•••
Not sure if this is related to Amazon buying Crypto Currency domain names (another post in NP), and someone might think Apple going same direction.

•••
@Michael Ehrhardt - You should still have time to edit - I would remove the transaction and security code from post of that email to be on the safe side. (yes lock/lack of auth code will prevent transfer - but still seems like I wouldn't want to publish those godaddy transfer codes when it seems someone is trying to initiate a transfer.)
I was going to say the same thing. You should remove those codes

•••
Do you have the domain listed with Afternic? As I learned earlier this year, when someone hits the Buy Now button for your domain at one of Afternic's affiliates (as opposed to buying it directly at Afternic), you get this initial transfer request email, even though you won't see the transaction started yet in your Afternic account; at this stage, you don't do anything, don't respond to the transfer request.

Then when the buyer pays them, you get the Afternic email telling you the domain is sold, and the pending transaction shows up in your account. Might take a few days for that second email to arrive. Once the transaction is showing up in your Afternic account, then you can take the next steps with transfer etc.

Maybe a slightly screwy way to do things, but it seems legit because my domain sale went through smoothly like that. In that case, it was a buyer who bought my domain through an Afternic affiliate, I think it was Register.com. In fact I just received another transfer request for another of my domains a few days ago, this time from 123-reg.co.uk, another Afternic affiliate; waiting to see if the buyer pays and I get the transaction email from Afternic within the next couple days...

•••
The domain name got sold via Godaddy or afternic, he will get message after 2 days when the buyer add fund.
Do you have the domain listed with Afternic? As I learned earlier this year, when someone hits the Buy Now button for your domain at one of Afternic's affiliates (as opposed to buying it directly at Afternic), you get this initial transfer request email, even though you won't see the transaction started yet in your Afternic account; at this stage, you don't do anything, don't respond to the transfer request.

Then when the buyer pays them, you get the Afternic email telling you the domain is sold, and the pending transaction shows up in your account. Might take a few days for that second email to arrive. Once the transaction is showing up in your Afternic account, then you can take the next steps with transfer etc.

Maybe a slightly screwy way to do things, but it seems legit because my domain sale went through smoothly like that. In that case, it was a buyer who bought my domain through an Afternic affiliate, I think it was Register.com. In fact I just received another transfer request for another of my domains a few days ago, this time from 123-reg.co.uk, another Afternic affiliate; waiting to see if the buyer pays and I get the transaction email from Afternic within the next couple days...

•••
Weird - AppleBitcoin.com - Got 4 Inquiries in 2 Hours & than 2 Emails to Transfer to Godaddy ❕❗

any Ideas ?? any thoughts ??Show attachment 72219

The 4 Inquiries came from 4 different emails ( all US )

Your domain is listed for sale and it must have sold at your BIN. I checked that's how I know - and congrats on the sale.

Last edited:
•••
gmail and edu
yes I replied
but what makes me worry is the email from Godaddy !!

Re: Transfer of applebitcoin.com

GoDaddy received a request on November 02, 2017 for us to become the new registrar of record.

You have received this message because you are listed as the Registered Name Holder or Administrative contact for this domain name in the WHOIS database.

Please read the following important information about transferring your domain name:
• You must agree to enter into a new Registration Agreement with us. You can review the full terms and conditions of the Agreement here.
• Once you have entered into the Agreement, the transfer will take place within five (5) calendar days unless the current registrar of record denies the request.
• Once a transfer takes place, you will not be able to transfer to another registrar for 60 days, apart from a transfer back to the original registrar, in cases where both registrars so agree or where a decision in the dispute resolution process so directs.

If you WISH TO PROCEED with the transfer, you must complete the following steps (note if you do not respond 5 days from November 02, 2017, applebitcoin.com will not be transferred to us).
• Please go to our website, GoDaddy.com, log in and follow these instructions.
• When authorizing this transfer, you'll be prompted to provide the following Transfer IDs:
• Transaction ID: 255253768
• Security Code: DKOJ71454

If you DO NOT WANT the transfer to proceed, then don't respond to this message.

If you have any questions, visit Online Support or call us at +1 (480) 505-8877.

-
You can always call GoDaddy/ Afternic to confirm the transaction just for your own peace of mind.

Deff not a good idea to post the codes in a public forum though... If it is legit, congrats on the sale!

•••
I got email from Uni that this email came from someone who doesn't know so much about domaining
my domain is still safe

what confuse me is the run on that domain
today I also got 3 Inquiries !

•••
-
You can always call GoDaddy/ Afternic to confirm the transaction just for your own peace of mind.

Deff not a good idea to post the codes in a public forum though... If it is legit, congrats on the sale!

thx

maybe my posting is confusing

I got 4 inquiries in 2 hours from 4 different emails
today I also got 3 inquiries

the email from Godaddy came after the Inquiries

•••
Today I got another 3 Inquiries from different countries

Vietnam England aso

WHY IS THERE A RUN ON MY DOMAIN ?

is there anything special between Apple and Bitcoin ?

I mean I like it :)

•••
Please put a BIN of 6 Mil. You would not get them

•••
redirect the name to the sales listing with the price you want

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back