IT.COM

Webpage Turn Off's

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What do you guys find to be a turn off on a webpage that makes you want to close it out?

I detest pop-ups, background music on pages that makes you feel as if you are in an elevator, too many graphics or too much flash, if the page takes a century to load, brightness of backgrounds *if the person uses a bright background that hurts the eyes* (example, bright yellow, or green)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When someone uses a background image that contains the same color as the font. So in some places its hard to read the text.

•••
Oh, and if its hosting on, or made with editors provided by Geocities, Yahoo, Homestead, Angelfire, etc.. etc.. you get my point.

•••
if the color consistancies between the background and the graphic are completely off.

For example:

If a person has made a website using lets say a really light yellow for the background and they throw some bright non consistant colored graphic up, such as bright orange.
I just think that if you go pastel, then find a pastel color that will look good over the pastel background.

Another annoyance on pages are pop unders

•••
eh one more thing thats annoying, when you go to sites and they have little advertisements on there wanting you to donate to keep their site alive.

"If everyone who visits this site would just donate $1, blah blah blah"

I honestly find this like they are begging for someone to pay their hosting for them. In that case they should have thought about how much it would cost to keep their page up before ever buying hosting.

•••

Slow Hosting

Adverts/Popups

Flash sites where you hit a link and it goes through a 10 second
pointless animation to open the content of that link.

Bad Colours

Background Music, especially where you cant turn it off

Unoptimised images/interfaces

Broken Images

Frames, aside from the nice little iFrames.

They are my personal pet hates :)

•••
Originally posted by -K'

Slow Hosting

Adverts/Popups

Flash sites where you hit a link and it goes through a 10 second
pointless animation to open the content of that link.

Bad Colours

Background Music, especially where you cant turn it off

Unoptimised images/interfaces

Broken Images

Frames, aside from the nice little iFrames.

They are my personal pet hates :)

Basically what he said. :D

•••
:D

Another irritating thing is sites which use Times New Roman as their main font

*shudders*

:D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back