NameSilo

We are the idiots .....

Located in General Domain Discussion, started by TheBaldOne, May 22, 2020

Replies:
Views:

?

Are you going to develop some of your domains?

1. Definitely plan to develop my domains

47 votes
    32.2%
  2. Perhaps develop some of my domains

38 votes
    26.0%
  3. Might try to develop one domain to see how it goes

18 votes
    12.3%
  4. No, just after selling my domains

33 votes
    22.6%
  5. Why work when domaining is so easy and it will make me a millionaire within the year

10 votes
    6.8%
Total: 146 vote(s)
  1. MadAboutDomains

MadAboutDomains Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

The facts are laid bare for all to see. It has nothing to do with assumptions made, you could have responded to any of the points raised but you've chosen not to. The link you gave me validated my suspicions and enquiring isn't a crime.

No reasoned discussion. I feel sorry for you. Have a nice day.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. maxjohan

maxjohan Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Ok buddy. But what was it that you wanted to talk about. I didn't get what it was you wanted to discuss. That I am not paying my taxes as I should? I've never paid for capital gains taxes. Just that I thought I could maybe do it in the future. Besides I'm losing money with my domaining.

The ignore-filter didn't work as I had an old tab with the same thread.

3. maxjohan

So What is a capital investment in a domain then, is there no such thing according to you??? Did you read the page I linked to?

4. MadAboutDomains

My previous post not only references the page, but was purely in relation to what you linked me to. I broke it down to you with great precision.

If you can't be arsed to reply with anything that makes any sense then I have nothing more to say.

Your sales cannot be classed as capital gains as defined by the link you provided or by any juristiction that I'm aware of because it makes no sense. The reality is that you can't buy and sell things for profit and class it as capital gains.

The page that you linked me to solidified the points that I made previously.

Have a nice day.

5. maxjohan

Ok. I guess we just have to agree to disagree.

Have a nice day. (y)

6. MadAboutDomains

Yep, you're disagreeing with me and more importantly with the laws of your own juristiction as outlined in the link you gave me.

7. maxjohan

And you think you have a clue about the laws around here? You seem to have some type of biases against paying as much taxes as possible. I find a lot of old men have this on personal finance forums. They are super-pro taxes and think everything is under "the taxed to death" bracket.
    I sell as private person and not as a business. Do you get this? That's is what 3 is all about. That you are a private person and not a business. Meaning, I have my domain names under my full name and not under a business.

8. maxjohan

I mean you're so clueless it's not even funny. It's like you can't even read. I'm done with your biased ass. And putting you on ignore now. I have a headache arguing abut this crap. Good bye.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  9. MadAboutDomains

If you read the responses before you replied you'd be a lot better at this.

The third sentence that refers to CAPITAL is talking in relation business activities. You can claim it as CAPITAL if you are a BUSINESS, but the sale of the domains isn't in relation (or not) to your BUSINESS activities because YOU ARE NOT A BUSINESS.

Calling someone dumb doesn't enhance your argument. I'd suggest that you wrap your head around your own arguments before you reply again.

10. MadAboutDomains

Setting aside for a moment that you can't work out whether you're a business or not...

None of the scenarios outlined on that page say that you don't have to declare your earnings in relation to the domains you sell.

Whether it's a hobby, your business activity, or a capital gain made in relation to your business they all have to be declared. So your original point about the accounting burden of being a business is a moot point.

If you go over the threshold then all aboard the accounting train. Choo choo!

11. mayazir

mayazir VirtualNameMarket.com VIP

i got 60k euros from my developed sites in just 16 months (ads + sponsored posts).

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice