Domain Empire

Watch these scammers! syristech.com/kokohost.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AGS

IT'S IN THE SCRIPTEstablished Member
Impact
I have just been robbed to the tune of $220 so I am not in the best of moods.

Buyers please beware of these companys:

SYRIS TECHNOLOGIES
syristech.com
kokohost.com

We paid $220 48 hours ago for a dedi with them.
He said he would transfer over my sites to his dedi servers within 24 hours.
While transfering my biggest site www.getmyownarcade.com he encounted SQL errors and 2 hours later he had still not acted on them and also will not answer MSN.
He failed and 48 hours later we asked for our money back. This guy refuses to do so. This is no way to conduct a business.
His excuse was that www.getmyownarcade.com was about 5 Gigs and Paul (aka Bonzer, my partner) did not mention that. The fact is that the guy said he would do the job, and do it within 24 hours. That's the facts.

He has completely removed the server and due to PayPals stupid policys with virtual goods we will struggle to get our money back.
We learned an expensive lesson, don't let the same happen to you.

Now because I hate being ripped off I am going to hound this guy all over the internet and make his life a living hell.

Please buyers beware.
I'm still damn angry with this f**k. I hate losing money that I work hard for.
I have not finished with them by a long long way. :td:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Update everyone:

A few phone calls, a lot of holding the line, a few emails and some sound legal advice from my Uncles friend who is a lawyer here in the Uk and we are finally making some progress.

It is all unneccessary and time consuming hassle for me and bonzer but we have to do it because this fool is refusing to give us our money back.

When I said we were going to fight him to get our money back he just said "lol" and "good luck."

I told him he picked the wrong guys to steal money from and when I said that I meant it.

•••
Wow....it's great to see someone standing up for themselves in such a way.

It's inspirational.

•••
After all when in business you have to stand up $220 Is hell of a lot of monies to lose :(
We will not take it ;) And believe me when I say It! !

Just a small note we have stopped replying to the threads at all the other forums we made our point there.
Our story will continue here at namepros where better.

Thanks for all the support guys

•••
Morphmaster said:
Wow....it's great to see someone standing up for themselves in such a way.

It's inspirational.

Many peeps get ripped-off every day on the internet as you know mate. :(

There are them that say "Oh well, it's only money" and then there are them that say "No, that's not right, I work hard for my money and this scumbag has taken my money. I am going to get it back."

The 2nd one is peeps like me and bonzer buddy. :)

•••
KoKo-Host said:
He was never ripped off. If they knew how to tell how big an account was and the diffrence from 1935MB to 5000MB thats not our problem. That was the delay on our part due to false information. I came to an agreement to turn the server on like im suppose to and finish up the job and be reasonable. But there immaturity stopped me of doing that. We do not grant refunds on dedicated servers. This is derogatory and demeaning to business. Next time I advise you read the Terms of Service in full and you understand what they say and mean. Also i recommend learning how to tell from 1935MB to 5000MB and not blame the host because you did not have any knowledge of doing it.

I read your TOS completely and I did read a section that says you do not give refunds on Dedicated Servers. However, no where in the TOS did it say you could terminate a dedicated server before the rented time was up. This is essentially what you did. Not only did you fail to transfer the files properly like they asked, but you've also taken away their server. My argument still remains: give them a refund or give them the server.

According to what you're saying, everyone that has purchased/rented a dedicated server from you can lose their money because you can one day say, "Okay I'm stopping your service and there is no refunds, so I am taking all your money". If that is the case, then the business you are doing is 100% scam, and I will help AGS and Bonzer in spreading the word.

•••
AGS and bonzer, if the server is offline you are entitled to a refund. KoKo-Host, what the **** are you doing? Why are you keeping the money for a server that you are not providing? You "won" the PayPal dispute and have the money - if you decide to keep it, that's called fraud, in which the buyer has full right(s) and privledge(s) to take you to court upon.

If you're charging for a service or product, and receive payment for it, you must provide it. Simply put, no matter what this customer is entitled to a refund...you can clearly see that within 3 days after payment and the customer isn't happy with your service or product, they are fully entitled. I'm sure you have a "30 day money back" gaurantee you offer with your service or web hosting. The buyer can technically get you on both false advertising and internet fraud if issued a court order..

AGS and bonzer, I'd recommend taking it to small claims court or regular court, if you had the money. I'd nail and bash the reputation out of them too if I were you.

•••
koko - refund his money. There are quite a few big players on this forum not to mention their affiliation with web hosting talk and many other huge web hosting forums. If you are any kind of business man you will refund his money in full or risk being exposed on the internet for your actions.

He paid, you did not deliver and you are putting the burden of your business "practice" on the customer. Didn't anyone ever tell you that the CUSTOMER is ALWAYS right? especially if he is at a loss with absolutely nothing to show for it. 1935 -> 5000 ? big #($*(* deal pal, this is a matter of flicking the "switch".

Step up, refund his money or you will face the long drawn out battle of one wee customer trying to get his money back from some "Company" that had never delivered (no matter what the cause was).

To the original poster - You have hundreds of ways to expose this company. In fact, you have ways which will do a lot more damage than what you had in losses. Good luck either way. I'm on your side. :)

•••
KoKo-Host said:
First things first. We provided his server an hour after payment. Once the server was ready we begun moving accounts etc. Over our conversation on msn he never mentioned that there was an account for 5GB. The biggest account he said they had was 1935MB. All the accounts were moved except the one for 5GB. I told them that account would take longer. If he would of provided me with accurate information, I would of told him that may take longer. So here he is flaming the company about the one account. Now everything is transferred except that one. Everything was done on our part of the deal.
Heres the fun part.
1. He needs a server fast. Says the biggest account is 1935 MB. Ok that’s fine
2. Never mentioned the 5GB account.
3. We get the Xeon running for him an a hour.
4. All accounts get moved except the one for 5GB in a 36 hour time frame.
5. The bigger one takes longer which we notified them and they said its ok just get the job done.
6. All accounts have been moved over in 48 hours. Even the 5 GB Account. But there were mysql errors on the big one. No biggie i fixed them.
7. Now here we are there angry.
Like i said our part was done. Yes there server is offline due to the paypal complaint. Any of my clients can assure you that we get the job done and we dont rip clients off.

Do you realy think he would be moving to a server with a 100mb site? Come on...

Edit: Posting a link to this thread over at WHT
Edit2: Wow...google the term "kokohost" scam allert!

Last edited:
•••
Here is the first result in that google search: http://forums.devshed.com/web-hosting-12/stay-away-from-kokohost-335222.html

Again, very similar case. Both customers expected the server to be up within 24 hours but it took days to setup. Both customers were robbed of their money. Kokohost, I have a strong belief that you do not give a damn about your company's reputation. Or why continue this at all?

•••
Edit2: Wow...google the term "kokohost" scam allert![/QUOTE]

@ rmwebs This is proberbly whay they now go under http://syristech.com/ now

@ psalzmann
We sure do have hundreds of ways to expose this company an we sure will do.

I believe you are right with that he does not care all he said was lol

well he will be saying lol on the other side of his face when I have finished with him.
He can run but cannot hide ;)

JYM said:
Here is the first result in that google search: http://forums.devshed.com/web-hosting-12/stay-away-from-kokohost-335222.html

Again, very similar case. Both customers expected the server to be up within 24 hours but it took days to setup. Both customers were robbed of their money. Kokohost, I have a strong belief that you do not give a damn about your company's reputation. Or why continue this at all?

•••
Guys many thanks the support from you is outstanding. Really appreciate it. :)

When someone takes advantage of me and I know I am in the right I fight it and fight it hard.

I gave KoKo-Host many emails and asked him many times on MSN Messenger asking for my money back. All he did was laugh at me.

All he had to do was give me my $220 back and we could have put this to bed.

He thought he would be smart.
He made a very big mistake.

•••
Money refunded due to an agreement me and a few people came to.

•••
Its still pending .. so untill I have the funds in my account this is not closed
thanks

•••
Update >

I don't understand the issue with the refund Its still pending ?
Maybe the host does not have the funds in his account :S ?

I will give this a few days then start asking Questions again

BTW
Seach kokohost and Syristech on google ;) 123-host-me.com is my old hosting company so that was me posting @ devshed ;)

•••
KoKo-Host said:
Money refunded due to an agreement me and a few people came to.
Good to see that you are coming to your senses. ;)
However, I will still monitor this thread like a ****ing hawk to make sure that a refund is made.

•••
EGS said:
Good to see that you are coming to your senses. ;)
However, I will still monitor this thread like a ****ing hawk to make sure that a refund is made.

Refund sent but still pending mate.

Hold the front page. :)

•••
bonzer said:
Update >

I don't understand the issue with the refund Its still pending ?
Maybe the host does not have the funds in his account :S ?

I will give this a few days then start asking Questions again

BTW
Seach kokohost and Syristech on google ;) 123-host-me.com is my old hosting company so that was me posting @ devshed ;)

Just another illustration of how you must do research before making a purchase.

•••
peterstannard said:
Just another illustration of how you must do research before making a purchase.
very True I took this guy on his word though ...

Well Lesson Learnt I suppose :(

But still the refund awaits . ...... ..... ..... ....

The story continues .......

•••
KoKo-host, check your PM. I offered you some money to buy your sites off ya.

Maybe i can salvage what is left.

robert

•••
Robert Allen said:
KoKo-host, check your PM. I offered you some money to buy your sites off ya.

Maybe i can salvage what is left.

robert

If my monies don't appear there will be nothing left :)

•••
bonzer said:
If my monies don't appear there will be nothing left :)

Yeah it should have cleared instantly, the money we sent to him cleared instantly. :-/

•••
AGS said:
Yeah it should have cleared instantly, the money we sent to him cleared instantly. :-/
Do you accept credit cards for your gaming scripts?

•••
Robert Allen said:
Do you accept credit cards for your gaming scripts?

Yes Robert, through PayPal.
The thing I do not understand is that the money we sent him cleared instantly, but when he sent it back the status still says pending. Odd.
I am not blaming KoKo for this, it might be a PayPal problem.

Last edited:
•••
sounds like koko didnt have the funds to make the refund, so thats why its pending still or waiting to clear.

•••
ihosty said:
sounds like koko didnt have the funds to make the refund, so thats why its pending still or waiting to clear.

Thanks for the info I will give the funds chance to clear.... Or my quest will continue... :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back