IT.COM

Warning > DMG.com: Snapnames Auction

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
If you are participating in the above auction, I would strongly advice you to stop bidding immediately. I have inside information on a legal entity who will be snatching this domain from the winning bidder. They represent DMG Vertriebs Und Service GmbH, DMG Europe Holding GmbH and DMG Gildemeister.

DMG Gildmeister is the worldwide owner of the trademark DMG including all common law rights and the German and U.S. trademark registrations.

PM or email me for further information.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You're quite right. This is my worst 'domaining day' since starting out 8 months ago. I made a few stupid mistakes and am now reaping what I sowed.
I hope they will come round one day and see me for who I really am and the progress I am sincereley tying to make. I should have kept quiet whilst in the auction and waited until the final whistle. The excitment of owning this nice LLL.com just got to my head and made me prematurely start some potential prosepcting.
After my recent sales, I am trying hard to give back to the community, answering to the best of my ability the tons of PMs I get asking for domain brokerage, tips and strategies on how to best find end users, what to write in emails, the key to easy negociations etc. A few stupid decisions later, I get a thousand kicks in the teeth, and this is after I have been pushed to the ground.

•••
Lesson learned, I hope. It applies not just to drop auctions, but also every domain made for sale on domain forums or offered to you by pm/phone/email, etc -- if it's not your domain and you haven't been given permission to solicit endusers for it, then you don't have the right to offer it to endusers.

Federer said:
You're quite right. This is my worst 'domaining day' since starting out 8 months ago. I made a few stupid mistakes and am now reaping what I sowed.
I hope they will come round one day and see me for who I really am and the progress I am sincereley tying to make. I should have kept quiet whilst in the auction and waited until the final whistle. The excitment of owning this nice LLL.com just got to my head and made me prematurely start some potential prosepcting.
After my recent sales, I am trying hard to give back to the community, answering to the best of my ability the tons of PMs I get asking for domain brokerage, tips and strategies on how to best find end users, what to write in emails, the key to easy negociations etc. A few stupid decisions later, I get a thousand kicks in the teeth, and this is after I have been pushed to the ground.

•••
I have worked with Federer in the past and he is a good guy. I think some people here are being too hard on him.

Sure, he might have made a mistake trying to gauge interest in a domain which he didn't own. This is not just a practice in the domain world. If you know you can buy a car for $10K, you might see what interest there is before you buy it.

Regardless, at least he has the courage to face the music and admit he made a mistake. No one is perfect but I at least find the ability to be accountable refreshing. Most people would just make excuses. At least he is admitting his mistake and trying to make up or it.

Brad

Federer said:

Last edited:
•••
Federer is one of the most honest people i have known in this business !
He is new to the business , but hard working dedicated domainer , i have sold him 2 LLL.com in the past , i have pushed him one domain even before he send the money , he is a guy that you can count on , i told him about a super LLL.com that i hadn't enough fund at that time , i asked for commission , he acquired the domain and sent me a commission , was there any guarantee that he will pay me ? nothing except his reputation !
Okay , he made a mistake , he comes to all of you to warn you and protect you from any risk , he tries to fix what he did mistakenly , we should respect him and appreciate this move from him , not to make him the bad guy of the year !
He said the truth about that company , and even he sent me the attachment of their attorney , he can't publish that on public because it is considered a break of confidential message , i am currently the highest bidder on DMG , i won't make any more bids , i won't even pay for the domain if stayed the highest bidder.
Thanks Federer for warning me ,GOD bless you !

•••
Whats the highest bid? Is there an agreement on not paying thing for the auction?

•••
Yes, Federer made a BIG mistake by trying to cut some corners instead of waiting until the domain was in his control before contacting potential buyers. Some homework about those potential buyers is always a good thing. However, he was honest and came forth about the email he received. There are others that would not have had the courage to take the heat for something like this and would just have let the winning bidder deal with the problem.

That said, there are many acronyms for DMG and I really don’t think anyone but him would have trouble keeping that domain unless they fill the page with Adsense.

I have met Federer in person on quite a few occasions and know for a fact that he is an honest and hardworking guy. I also know that he has learnt his lesson and won’t repeat that behavior.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
I think this thread has gone full circle... and reached it's end.

The OP has realized his mistake, had the wherewithall to admit his mistake, and newbies can learn from his mistake.

Thread closed.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back