IT.COM

discuss Want To Buy Section

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

johnn

WeSellName.comTop Member
Impact
Many Members here know that the Want to Buy Section is a Joke as they keep posting but did not buy anything.

One simple solution would be if you are the sellers and sold names from the WTB section just post "1 sold" from the thread so that people will know if the Buyer is real Buyer or Fake Buyer.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thank you johnn... and ur names are good (nice LLL.com)

They dont even respond

Samer

Last edited:
•••
I call it free naming they are just getting free domain ideas.
i already have my own black list buyers.. with "pro" badge.

•••
Has to be better way.
add “trusted domain requester”

the accs made yesterday with obscenely high
budget, probably isnt going to reply.

Wake up, people

Last edited:
•••
I suggest to remove unsolicited ad threads "BB SH wanted threads" or move it to external section or create new section for BB SH BP users.

Last edited:
•••
They just copy cat each other:
- Brandpa approved $5-$20
- Squadhelp approved $5-$20
- Godaddy and Estibot appraisal over $3,000 - I will pay 5% of the appraisal
- The Chinese Hype is over a long time ago but some still want to buy name with no A,O,U,I,V???
- Budget from $20-$20,000 - Total budget is $1,000,000 - Meaning I will buy $20 a piece.

•••
Let's be honest though, if you've ever posted any WTB requests you know just how much crap is sent. I've posted a couple of requests with ranges I think most would deem realistic, like one word .app names for $xxx, and out of dozens of replies I maybe got three that actually were one-word, and of course all were strange words.

Yes, there are some absurd WTB requests, but man oh man the submissions are a wonder.

•••
Let's be honest though, if you've ever posted any WTB requests you know just how much crap is sent. I've posted a couple of requests with ranges I think most would deem realistic, like one word .app names for $xxx, and out of dozens of replies I maybe got three that actually were one-word, and of course all were strange words.

Yes, there are some absurd WTB requests, but man oh man the submissions are a wonder.

Agreed. One thing you forgot. Everything here is dictionary word and pronounceable.

•••
One simple solution would be if you are the sellers and sold names from the WTB section just post "1 sold" from the thread so that people will know if the Buyer is real Buyer or Fake Buyer.
And also the seller should post the amount the domain has been sold. No need to post the domain, just the amount.
Because as you say, people say they have a budget of $20,000 but they are only looking to buy domains for $20 bucks.
So, the seller can make a comment, once hi has sold a domain, saying "1 domain sold for $20" for example.
And if the Buyer keeps bumping the thread without any purchase, then we know what is happening, just another waste of time.

•••
Many Members here know that the Want to Buy Section is a Joke as they keep posting but did not buy anything.

I post in the WTB section and I don't buy every single domain offered to me. Actually, it's more like I buy 5% of domains offered to me. Does this make me a non-serious buyer? Usually the seller is asking for way above market floor value, which I don't blame any of them for doing. It is what it is though. I don't think people are posting WTB threads for "fun" or to waste peoples time. If the buyer doesn't agree to buy your domain @ your set price, move on. It's not like you spend 40 hours of your week to send a couple DM's. It's a free lead, somebody asking for a domain - if an agreement can't be made, that's just business. It's basically a free lead, if it goes no where...big deal, move on.

Last edited:
•••
I’ve actually made some Threads to buy now and got absolutely nothing but garbage domains which they want xxx for so it works both ways buddy.

oh yeah I thought you were leaving for about the 15,000 time.

•••
I’ve actually made some Threads to buy now and got absolutely nothing but garbage domains which they want xxx for so it works both ways buddy.

oh yeah I thought you were leaving for about the 15,000 time.

You and Ante4L, I dont understand;

Some people have a verrrry strict criteria and even say “will report you” if send dont match what i’m looking for.

Seems like a non-issue if make tougher filters (character lengths, hyphens, #’s etc)

It narrows down field of submissions, quite bit, hope enough to get a “no thank you” back lol

Samer

Last edited:
•••
You and Ante4L, I dont understand;

Some people have a verrrry strict criteria and even say “will report you” if send dont match what i’m looking for.

Seems like a non-issue if make tougher filters (character lengths, etc)

It narrows down field of submissions,

No clue what you're saying here or how that's related to my comment.

OP just sounds salty.

Last edited:
•••

if narrow down Criteria be more specific
maybe the 5% acceptance goes up, in addition to quality of submissions.

Remember add “will report if send me names that dont meet my critieria” (ex: 5L when are look for 4L, or
non-chinese prem, when you asking for CHIPs

•••

OP just sounds salty.

basically i’m blaming you

it’s “not both ways”

Have a tougher filter,

If i’m looking for 4l, personally i’d say “no X”
try to be as specific as possible, not broad.

Last edited:
•••
They just copy cat each other:
- Brandpa approved $5-$20
- Squadhelp approved $5-$20
- Godaddy and Estibot appraisal over $3,000 - I will pay 5% of the appraisal
- The Chinese Hype is over a long time ago but some still want to buy name with no A,O,U,I,V???
- Budget from $20-$20,000 - Total budget is $1,000,000 - Meaning I will buy $20 a piece.
I disagreed with the Chinese hype is over long time ago but some still want to buy name with no a,o,u,I,v

If you don’t want to buy chip, it’s up to you ....don’t judge other people who want to buy it....as matter of fact I bought a couple recently and still buying ....pm me your Chinese chip

•••
if narrow down Criteria be more specific
maybe the 5% acceptance goes up, in addition to quality of submissions.

Remember add “will report if send me names that dont meet my critieria” (ex: 5L when are look for 4L, or
non-chinese prem, when you asking for CHIPs

You are misquoting me completely.. I didn't say 5% of domains that are offered to me are what I'm asking for and rest are not.

I said, I end up buying around 5% of domains offered, the rest are way over priced so I pass. and I don't blame the seller for that.

Really confused at your posts.

•••
but i’m bias; i submit more; never made WTB

You are misquoting me completely.. I didn't say 5% of domains that are offered to me are what I'm asking for and rest are not.

I said, I end up buying around 5% of domains offered, the rest are way over priced so I pass. and I don't blame the seller for that.

Really confused at your posts.

How are they overpriced if you have budget?
Clear budget.. guess you would expand for the right names; it’s tough, i get it, my bad for misquoting the 5% figure. Whatever the low % is just saying, u dont think have more specific standards what ur looking for help raise %?

Last edited:
•••
but i’m buas

how are they overpriced if you have budget

Would be nice if you applied from logic to your posts. If I say my budget is up to $1,000 per domain, and somebody offers me their domain for $1,000, doesn't mean it's worth $1,000.

•••
Would be nice if you applied from logic to your posts. If I say my budget is up to $1,000 per domain, and somebody offers me their domain for $1,000, doesn't mean it's worth $1,000.

Well u never used the $1,000 figure! def cant relate.. not norm see;few worth $1,000 agreed!

I can see how % few names you’d accept regardless of what you write, if $1,000+ for one

If i saw you and my domain met your criteria, i’d submit it —still with the lowest expectations.
but if it’s anybody else, sorry ant, I truly think, they’re playing games, more than looking.

feel “high budget WTB” is domain “catfishing”

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Well u never used the $1,000 figure! def cant relate.. not norm see;few worth $1,000 agreed!

I can see how % few names you’d accept regardless of what you write, if $1,000+ for one

If i saw you and my domain met your criteria, i’d submit it —still with the lowest expectations.
but if it’s anybody else, sorry ant, I truly think, they’re playing games, more than looking.

feel “high budget WTB” is domain “catfishing”

Samer

I'm sure there are serious buyers and others that aren't that serious. My point is, big deal. Send a DM, if you come to an agreement, perfect. If not, move on. What else is there to do? Other than start a NamePros thread to complain about somebody not buying your name.

Another thing I noticed. If I set a budget of $500-$1,000 per domain. All submissions coming in are $1K+ , regardless of the quality of the domain. So, am I a "fake buyer" for rejecting their offer? or are they a "fake seller" ? Neither, it's just business.

Last edited:
•••
Usually the seller is asking for way above market floor value,

Hi

can you explain what "market floor value" is?

and who dictates it to be so?

imo...

•••
Hi

imo...

I should have just stated "what I think the domain is worth". but I guess market floor value I would consider an average of recent sales for similar domains that might dictate it. There's no concrete #.. At end of day your domain is worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. And you need to find that somebody. As a buyer, domain is worth what I want to pay for it, so as the seller take it or leave it / find somebody else. Don't sulk and cry about how NP's WTB section isn't making you sales. I've purchased plenty of domains from my WTB threads.

Use your time and energy to better your own strategies and methods instead of pointing fingers at how nobody wants to buy your domain.

Also 2 questions can't be an opinion.

Last edited:
•••
Hi

imo...

domainers dictate the market floor value

•••
Also 2 questions can't be an opinion.
Hi

imo…

they can be, because nobody else asked them

imo..
domainers dictate the market floor value

which domainers?

and do they take a vote?

and... for every category or subject, is there enough of a "market", to have a "floor" price?

imo...

•••
Back