NameSilo

w-o-r-d-s .com domains, who has them or is buying them and why...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I didn't want to start this but if people are buying there must be a value so lets discuss. I was reading in appraisals someone asking about some w-o-r-d with hyphens and was getting ripped apart- all replies when I read it was reg fee/lower than reg reg etc.

What motivated me was snap had listed in their "most active" email n-a-v-y.com $30.00. I have been watching and a lot have been not even getting to live auctions($60) ex- c-o-u-n-t-r-y q-a-t-a-r ... I have only 2 and I grabbed them as I am not looking for type-ins but they can be brandable and I like to have a bit of everything in my portfolio.

f-a-s-h-i-o-n
b-a-n-k-i-n-g

Alright, rip away, Gary.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
G - I - S

siga said:
Bought G-I-S.info and G-I-S.us couple days ago loving them as work with GIS everyday.
Also picked up at the same time U-S-E.us if anyone is interested?
Congrats. Now that I know what GIS is, it looks like a nice hand reg to me (especially the INFO). I had to look up GIS. to even know what it is.

From GIS.com - "A geographic information system (GIS) integrates hardware, software, and data for capturing, managing, analyzing, and displaying all forms of geographically referenced information."

Do you plan on developing the GIS sites (since you are in the business)? A developed site is so much more interesting (to me) than something just stuck at SEDO. Since you are in the business, a G-I-S blog (G-I-S. info being perfect for information about G-I-S) would be easy for you. Fifteen minutes a day talking about your daily routine would be new pure new content. Since content is king, that's always great for SEO. Personally, I think parking an INFO at SEDO makes the site less valuable if not totally worthless. That's just my anti-parking opinion. Good luck with it no matter what you do.

•••
a-m-g.com listed sold $3,688. at dnjournal

•••
thanks for rep buckshots !!

•••
Deweloped another W-O-R-D domain. http://h-a-c-k.net - check it please. Already receiving about 4-5 dayli visits. (Few days old only)

•••
All over the news Obama was talking about 'J-O-B-S' jobs spelled out (CNN had it displayed that way on the screen). I went to the .com and there was already a site on it (not Obama's).

j-o-b-s.com

I checked and all these were taken! com/net/org/info/mobi/biz/.ca

g-

•••
Hi David,
Thanks for the interest, And Advice on the anti parking front :) . I've got quite a few domains with in this related area so have a few plans for them in the future. I agree I'm not a fan of parking sites but just do it for the traffic stats untill I can use them for something purposeful. A G-I-S blog would be a great idea for the future.

Cheers

•••
Just picked up c-r-e-d-i-t-c-a-r-d ..dot..com. ALso will have a 7 page site up in a week for ( I-N-S-U-R-A-N-C-E ..dot..com).

g-

•••
buckshotdots said:
Just picked up c-r-e-d-i-t-c-a-r-d ..dot..com. ALso will have a 7 page site up in a week for ( I-N-S-U-R-A-N-C-E ..dot..com).

g-

whistles!

nice catch..!

•••
soggyindo said:
whistles!

nice catch..!

Thanks, all my super premium w-o-r-d-s I plan to have developed by then end of the year. And will keep everyone updated on traffic etc.

g-

•••
buckshotdots said:

g-

you got some grt keywords :hearts: , good luck

•••
If anyone wants a recent year dash domain, I have 2-0-0-5.com at auction this weekend at eBay. Min bid only $0.99. No reserve.

•••
timphelan said:
If anyone wants a recent year dash domain, I have at auction this weekend at eBay. Min bid only $0.99. No reserve.

Please lets not turn this into a sales thread. You can add your w-o-r-d-s but please lets discuss as well. BTW I own 1-6-2-0 (4:20 in military time lol) - my only N-N-N-N.

Also here is what I have so far for www.i-n-s-u-r-a-n-c-e.com . I am working on adding insurance 'feeds' to it as well. Any thoughts on what I could add/change is appreciated.

g-

•••
I own only one R-U-G-B-Y.INFO regged just for fun.

•••
buckshotdots said:
Please lets not turn this into a sales thread. You can add your w-o-r-d-s but please lets discuss as well. BTW I own 1-6-2-0 (4:20 in military time lol) - my only N-N-N-N.

g-

i have one N-N-N-N, 0-8-0-0.com(UK toll free)

•••
A fun new one for me: R-E-L-I-G-I-O-N.com

A bit long, but crazy search stats (550,000 monthly, or 18,000 a day)

D-:

I'm thinking of starting a which-religion's-best kinda debate

;)

•••
W-a-l-l

The most recent domain I registered happens to be W-A-L-L.com

The hyphens can represent walls :gl:

•••
I picked up two Geo's yesterday

I-s-r-a-e-l.net
O-s-a-k-a.com

I also picked up M-e-r-r-y-C-h-r-i-s-t-m-a-s.com :santa:

•••
I have O-B-A-M-A.com up on eBay right now.

It is taken in 9 extensions (COM/NET/ORG/INFO/US/BIZ/NAME/MOBI/TV)

Auction Link

•••
bmugford said:
I have O-B-A-M-A.com up on eBay right now.

It is taken in 9 extensions (COM/NET/ORG/INFO/US/BIZ/NAME/MOBI/TV)

Auction Link

nice one!

does the election finish before or after tuesday?

;)

A

•••
It finishes on Tuesday at 9:13EST, after the outcome should be obvious.
It is a domain I don't mind keeping really. I would not mind developing it.

Brad

soggyindo said:
nice one!

does the election finish before or after tuesday?

;)

A

•••
bmugford said:
It finishes on Tuesday at 9:13EST, after the outcome should be obvious.
It is a domain I don't mind keeping really. I would not mind developing it.

Brad

Nice sale-

Winning bid: US $172.50

g-

•••
$172...that's a nice sale, indeed.

•••
•••
Well. I wasn't planning on getting any names that go this route (other than m-a-p.mobi), but I saw these two drop and decided to do it anyway...

p-o-l-i-t-i-c-s.com
p-a-r-e-n-t-i-n-g.com

Also noticed that they're both taken in .info.

ripley.

•••
S-W-E-E-T.com was avail as of yesterday. Thought about it but passed on it.

g-

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back