NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Ok, so we know how popular our Official Parked.com thread was...let's give @Donny's newest genius invention a try: VOODOO.COM :)
Let us know what you think! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Has it been since when? The 13th?

Donny

•••
For me, my revenue is down significantly. RPC and RPM have dropped off in Nov (so far) compared to finalized Oct.

Revenue
Sep = 39.12
Oct = 18.36
Nov* = 7.99

Granted, Nov is 70% complete. But if it holds steady then it will be less than Oct. I realize that statistically its impossible to predict the remaining Nov days but if it were a straight average then Nov will end up around $11-12 at this rate.

Wont know for sure until Nov is finalized, but it does seem that things are slowing a bit.

Could be a lot of factors, its a very fluid thing these numbers.

So no complaints here, just noticing it and agreeing its down (for now).

•••
Has it been since when? The 13th?

Donny

Yes, from 13 november earnings are lower, average RPM dropped from about 13/14 USD to 8/9 USD.

In my case traffic is mainly from India.

•••
jivan - On the 13th, a change was made by our upstream provider which effected low-end mobile traffic.

Donny

•••
Ok, thanks Donny for the explanation, I didn't think I had so much mobile traffic.

Is possible to see % of mobile traffic from voodoo stats or will it be possible in the future?

•••
I was told that we would have access to it sometime around the end of the year.

Donny

•••
•••
jivan - On the 13th, a change was made by our upstream provider which effected low-end mobile traffic.

Donny

Ah, I was wondering the same hoping it's been perhaps some weaker period and should be back to normal by December. What you wrote is really bad news for people with Indian traffic where most users access Internet through mobiles. I see my revenues dropped like 30% or so since the 13th.

Google is an evilish company. ;)

•••
Donny -- I think based on my handle you should be very familiar with my account with you.

Given the sheer size of the portfolio skewed towards dot INs - we have badly hit and I highly doubt it is because of what you say the reasons are, as root cause.

So we switched to Above service to redirect and mange traffic across seven services two days ago..see a huge 5x rise in uniques alone awaiting revenue numbers in a couple of days..I should have done this years ago (:

•••
Super Software - I sent you a message. But it really does have to do with low-end/dumb phone traffic.

Donny

•••
I disagreed, in PM because my data says otherwise..as to the root cause..

•••
I will disagree with your disagreement and send you the proof. :) Give me a little bit.

Donny

•••
Upstream provider done this, Upstream provider done then - is there any single thing Google has done in past 2 years that helped to improve parking revenue by even a single cent? Every once in a while, they come up with some "modification" that further takes another hit on the revenue.

Donny, what are we up to - 0.01 cents per million visitors? The day doesn't seem to be far ahead.

•••
Hello, i joined few days ago, my account has been already activated and verified (i followed your instructions, clicked on the activation link and already added domains) but in the dashboard i still read this:

Please complete the form below by checking the boxes along with entering your full name in the box provided. Then click the "I Agree" button.

The verification process can take some time so please be patient.

Is it normal?

•••
matrigaldo - Sent you a PM.

webm - To have a little fun, RPM is revenue per milli (1000), not revenue per million. It makes no sense to me, but it's one of those standards that the advertising world uses. I have a friend who is new to the advertising world and we had about a 30 minute discussion about how worthless it really is. Some people like it and others don't. Personally I look at revenue. :)

As far as that upstream provider, they have made a lot of improvements in the past 2 years. Do I agree with all of them, no, but a good portion of them are improvements. They do a lot of A/B testing and based on the results if they see some uplift they will change it across the board for everybody who is using them. Are they better than the alternatives? Definitely! I could go on for a long time on this subject... I better stop now. :)

Donny

•••
Thanks Giving Time is coming.

•••
Just wanted to say thank you for everything you do! Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!

•••
smurge - Hope you had a great Thanksgiving as well.

Donny

•••
well no clue how to sign up. there is no enter button.

•••
Do you have javascript turned on? Choose a country and then the submit button shows up. :)

Donny

•••
got thanks waiting on review. appreciate it

•••
•••
Hello Donnny. Does voodoo.com allows adult domains.

•••
neo7275 - Yes we allow adult domains.

Donny

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back