IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Ok, so we know how popular our Official Parked.com thread was...let's give @Donny's newest genius invention a try: VOODOO.COM :)
Let us know what you think! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Since when did this become a trademark debate? All I care about is my missing money - probably the same as everyone else who got stiffed.

While I appreciate the message - this is better served in another post. Voodoo is DEAD, and trademarks had zip, zero, and zilch to do with us not getting paid.

•••
•••
Rick Schwartz said Donny has been sick and that there were complications. Definitely wishing him a full and speedy recovery.

•••
•••
•••
@jojo smsm or whatever your name is. I'm sorry, but we still can't approve your account. You signed up on a Friday, and we don't approve anybody who signs up on a Friday, so your account was rejected. If you would have signed up on a Monday, then we may have approved your account. I think I told you something similar this morning when I responded to your ticket you sent in.

For a few hints, I would wait until the 5th Monday of the month and then apply again, you will definitely get in then or you could wait until Friday the 13th and we always approve everybody who applies then. Another option in the "Who referred me" field, put "Donny is the coolest guy ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", but make sure it has 24 exclamation points, otherwise you won't get in.

Also just as a hint, it helps when the domains you apply with are actually registered. I know you have "big numbers" and "huge traffic" and have sent me 3 direct messages on namepros within 5 minutes. But "big" and "huge" things don't get you much in the real world.

Good luck in your future endeavors!

Donny

•••
•••
elsisis - Let me give you and whoever else is trying to signup with us a few hints.

1. You should actually own the domains. They shouldn't be in redemption period and they shouldn't be 5 days old either. This is domain parking, if you are buying 10 random domains today to try and make money with them, you probably won't.
2. If you live in a country, why not signup from the country you live in. If you signup from some server farm or vps, we can see those things. Don't pretend you are from one country when you are from another, we do track that information and we will find out.
3. If you already have another account with us, guess what? We know that you do and will probably not approve your account because of it.
4. Don't come on here and post "please accept my account" when you only have 1 post. I probably won't even look. If you have 200 posts, then I will definitely look at your account. Anybody who has taken the time to post 200 times, deserves some respect. xtmoney for example posted that we hadn't approved him and I approved him 30 seconds later.
5. Our ticket system will always get you a better and quicker response than on here. But I do check namepros a few times a day. The biggest problem is I have to try and figure out who people are.

I guess that's some good enough hints.

Donny

•••
•••
Got a good laugh this morning when I was driving in from home. They had a tech update on the radio and it said that Voodoo.com had been hacked and had reset everybody's passwords. But they weren't hacked somebody broke in an stole hard drives.

Being in total shock, because nobody from my office had told me about this. I get to my office and nobody knows what I'm talking about. I look online and can't find anything at all.

Then I find it, it's vudu.com. That's crazy! So unless you use the movie site you have nothing to worry about. :)

Donny

•••
So semalt is a SEO company, they claim to be "analyzing" your domains because you asked them to. They have always been easy to find because they always have a referring url, they pass a referring url so people will see it and go to their site. Then hopefully buy their awesome piece of crap. :)

The bots are fairly sophisticated because they do load javascript and accept cookies as well. And we don't count anybody being a visitor unless they actually load the ads. So not only are we not stopping this new wave but neither is upstream provider.

We currently don't offer zero click mostly because I don't like the fake virus and flash sites, but I'm not sure how they really could get you faillisted. I guess it's possible, but I'm not really sure how, unless one of the zero click companies is sending your traffic to one of their domains, which I wouldn't doubt sometimes.

Donny

•••
Voodoo is now showing up as 502 Bad Gateway

•••
TopJimmy - I'll see what I can do to answer your questions.

1) Is there a way to get any analytical data when using Voodoo.com? I would like to know where traffic is coming from - IP, URL, Referring Website, Etc. Can this be done?
This detailed information is currently not allowed by our upstream provider.

2) What is the best way to get visitors to your site?
Do a lot of reading on sites like namepros.

3) Is there anyone out there making a full time income with parked domains that would be willing to give some advice? Not looking for a free ride, just a few pointers in the right direction and how to go about learning.
There are hundreds if not thousands of people making a living off of parking and selling domains. And there are quite a few of them on namepros.

4. What is Voodoo.com's revenue share percentage? (Ex. Domain Owner gets 60% - Voodoo gets 40%)
It's higher than this, but I am not allowed to say the exact number

Donny

•••
Wow $30 click

I just had a $30.35 click on a health related domain at Voodoo.

•••
I think it was JB Lions who mentioned it first last night about us having an issue. What happened was around lunch time yesterday we made a change to our stats reporting api which was logging our stats differently. But it was only for domains that hadn't gotten a hit before we made the change. He mentioned it and I said I didn't see a problem, because the domains that I had looked at get hits all day long.

When today rolled over, basically no hits were being registered for anybody, they were being registered, just not where our stats interface expected them to be. So we fixed it up and all is good now.

This only affected the stats we showed in the interface and no where else.

Donny

•••
The actual owner of Voodoo.com, is myself, you are more than welcome to call my direct number at 813-659-5341 on Monday.

I am not saying that you don't have a lot of domains and many of them are really good domains. But chargebacks happen. I get them on my own portfolio, I think I mentioned it a few posts ago.

We always provide full details in your account of what was credited and debited by us and why.

I never said anything about you making fraudulent clicks. Not once. But that doesn't mean that you have domains where somebody may click on it 20 times and Google's filters may not catch it immediately. Then a few days later they do and guess what? That's a chargeback.

It wasn't me who threatened to post on Namepros earlier if I didn't pay you in less than 24 hours. It was you who did that to me. I responded to your message within 2 hours on a Saturday, I guess you didn't like the truth so you came to Namepros. I hate chargebacks just as much as you do. Not only do they take money out of your pocket, but mine as well.

I am not one of those people who ever try to rip anybody off. I don't shut down accounts, because they have made too much money, I want them to make even more money! But when chargebacks happen, I don't get paid for that, which means I can't pay you for it either. I'm not the government, I just can't create money whenever I want.

Donny

•••
So we have two completely different questions here.

1. We don't find out ourselves which domains specially had a chargeback unless the number is so high then they will definitely let us know. But here are a few hints. If a domain gets faillisted, and the domain has had high revenue numbers, then there is a good chance that they will chargeback the revenue on the domain up to 90 days back. Some chargebacks don't get domains faillisted, this just means it's wasn't 100%.

2. Payments. I get paid on or around the 26th each month. I've gotten paid as late as the 28th. And we pay within the next few days. So this means I have to pre-pay Paypal before I even get paid. Because Paypal takes 5 business days before the money is available.

As somebody who invented the idea of paying early when I was at Parked, I know how the whole pay early process works. Let me just say that you will make more money in the long run, if I pay you like I do, then if I were to pay you early. :)

Donny

•••
You will know when it's Voodoo Time. :)

•••
Not really. I checked from Monday which is only one day, but only one new gtld made more than $1.00 in total revenue for the day. I think the biggest problem is they just aren't getting much/any traffic.

Donny

•••
From 11:15pm PST until 11:45pm PST we were down yesterday. We will be analyzing the downtime and make everything right as we always have.

We had two issues yesterday, the first was traffic from came in from Europe was not getting into our data center because of a change that our data center made without us knowing. The second was one of our VM's blipped at 11:15pm PST, when it did it went into repair mode instead of rebooting.

We were technically only down for 30 minutes before everything was back up. But because of the issue with traffic not getting in as well during different hours yesterday as well. We will be giving a credit based on the hours problems were happening.

It probably will not happen until tomorrow.

Donny

•••
I can't say yes or no, because I have not seen the traffic.

Donny

•••
Agame - We built the Android version and then decided we were actually going to redesign our whole system. So we are working on that now. And once it's done we will be launching a android and IOS app as well.

Donny

•••
Hello,

I did not receive my last check as I was travelling for a prolonged time period and I also moved to a new location/address.
Nevertheless I was contacted by the Voodoo.com personnel (Christian) informing me that my check had been returned. He also inquired about my alternative payment options.

That's what I would expect from a real client-oriented support.
Just wanted to share my good experience with the Voodoo.com team.

Thank you,
Jan

•••
@alcy - My upstream ad provider does not allow me to post the revshare that anybody is receiving. But I make less than the sales tax that you pay when you buy something and you make the rest.

So let's take the example of a 1 penny click, in our UI we round everything to a penny, but on our backend everything is store to 8 decimals. This is not your revshare I am just using it as an example, let's say you were getting 75% revshare and you had a $0.01 click, we would take our 25% of $0.01, but it gets rounded, and when you round anything less than a penny, you get $0.00. So you make 100% revshare on a penny click.

On a 2 penny click, you get 100% revshare. On a 3 penny click we would finally make some money.

Hope this make sense, and this is purely an example.

Donny

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back