IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Ok, so we know how popular our Official Parked.com thread was...let's give @Donny's newest genius invention a try: VOODOO.COM :)
Let us know what you think! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Our upstream ad provider removed it.

Donny

•••
•••
I dont focus on this matter, but seem it removed wrong recently.
I think it is new stats to remove click wrong and maybe the total of clicks less than previous months avegare.

•••
I'm not yet VOODOO customer, so some questions below may be obvious for existent customers.
Looking to optimize parking side of my portfolio:

1) Will I be able to add custom "for sale" link to VOODOO-parked domain? I mean both custom text (where I'll include for example fixed price if the domain has fixed price set) and custom destination?

2) What would be shown to visitors with strict adblock enabled (also where adblock whitelist key or non-intrusive ads are NOT in place), in particular for domains that have forsale link configured? Will they see at least forsale text+link?

3) Will forsale link be also shown to any and all mobile visitors (I've seen cases where mobile visitors were forwarded by a parking company to google-hosted page, without any forsale signs of course)

4) May I replace automated google-based related links with custom related links, and, if so, is there an option to make those geotargeted (maintain various keyword sets for various languages)

5) Does the system offer pre-determined sets of manually selected keywords (Uniregistry parking style) that are based on domain category - again, to avoid google automated nonsense links?

6) What ads/content is shown to visitors of faillisted domains (and, in particular, will the visitor still see my forsale link? I'd prefer to disable zero click for forsale domains)

Cc @Donny

Last edited:
•••
@tonyk2000 - I'm traveling today, so this will be a quick response.

1. Yes and both. But on mobile, we don't allow you to modify the text, but still the url.
2. Check it out. You can use penalities.com as an example that is for sale. Normal adblock shows everything. Ublock still shows the for sale.
3. Yes. We don't forward anything anywhere.
4. You can put in our system keyword suggestions. But it doesn't hard code the keywords. And it's by language, not country.
5. No. As far as I'm aware Uniregistry is the only one who offers category based keywords.
6. We don't offer zero click. Too many scams. We have secondary providers, but I wouldn't expect too much money from them.

Donny

•••
Thanks Donny, amazing to receive a reply on Saturday morning :)
And it appears that the voodoo system is really well balanced in such non-obvious configuration aspects. So I'll signup soon

•••
anyone got estimate in this month?

•••
Hi Donny,

I got payment last month, but my paypal was limited when I got it. So, the payment will return to account or sent out to paypal system? How can I got that payment with new paypal account, just update the new paypal email in my account?

•••
Hello,

How to solve the conflict domains myself oe automatic, just add owner records like TXT, CNAME values (like Sedo TXT, Bodis CNAME, Parkingcrew CNAME)?

Example:

Bodis: 15679.bodis.com CNAME value
Parkingcrew: 15679.parkingcrew.net CNAME value
Sedo: ahslasajdj1739230snakjdjdnd TXT value

•••
@hangsachbao - Please send a ticket into our system.

@bakintek - Our system doesn't work that way. Our system will automatically try to do it itself if the whois matches the information in your account. Otherwise, you will need to contact us and we will try to verify the information.

Donny

•••
update whois and add again?

Last edited:
•••
Anyone had pass over 2000$ revenue in month?

•••
•••
I check some parking domains by click on related links, but it continue show the other related links, not sponsor listings (ads)?

•••
I applied for a voodoo.com account but never heard anything back

•••
Our system will always send you a response whether you are approved or not. If you haven't received one, please send us a ticket or send me a PM.

Donny

•••
many parking companies allow signup new account with sms or phone verify (bodis, sedo..), why voodoo not?

•••
Because we have other ways to verify accounts than by SMS. Everybody and their mom can spin up a SMS verification system, we just found that they are worthless.

Donny

•••
anyone got estimate earnings in this month?

•••
many parking companies allow signup new account with sms or phone verify (bodis, sedo..), why voodoo not?
try with 10 domains you have.

•••
•••
anyone got estimate earning this month?

•••
No they still are not available as we are waiting for the information from our upstream ad provider.

Donny

•••
•••
Payments aren't until later this week.

Donny

•••
Back