NameSilo

Vista good example to ask.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
After this rush with vista domains, and after getting sick about TM, i went to WIPO arbitration database to look what kind of luck similar issues had in the court in the past. And i found some desisions on anything related with yahoo, microsoft, or windows written: "TERMINATED". what does this mean in this case? And also, dont you people affraid of those TMs by buying some domains related to the common words, which is being used by big companyes?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
abdulmueid said:
I guess it might cause problems. Look at www.windowsxpforums.com

but they are still allowed to own the name and point it to another site... can't be that problematic. i dont quite understand why microsoft would be so vigorous with their Windows TM when they seem to be very relaxed about their xbox TM.

•••
I would have thought is you look at revenue on both "products".... Windows and XboX, we have a pretty clear winner....Windows every time :)

•••
obviously windows has much higher market share than xbox does in its market -- but i wouldnt think revenue would play a part in the decision to protect their mark...

•••
Xbox relies on fan sites...

How many windows fan sites have you seen? Usually they are full of people either asking for help cuz windows sucks or they are sharing exploits. This is not the case with Xbox.

As for Vista...remember if you have a domain such as windowsvistakeyword.com you will have problems more so than if you have vistakeyword.com. I do not believe that MS will be able to do anything about the vista domain names unless you start to use Vista logos all over it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back