VeriSign - return of SiteFinder in April, maybe

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

aww

Established Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I dotn think they will be back, they will get finned heavily if they do. Missleading.....

•••
Verisign likes to play with fire. You'll see it back for a short while at least I bet.

I wonder if I can have some of what they are on:
Site Finder was not controversial with users, 84 percent of whom said they liked it as a helpful navigation service," said Tom Galvin, VeriSign's vice president of government relations. "We continue to look at ways we can offer the service while addressing the concerns that were raised by a segment of the technical community.

Last edited:
•••
I think they will try it again, verisign is greedy

•••
I'm sure VeriSquatter will keep trying to bring this back hoping eventually everyone will finally give in and they can reap the benefits of being the ultimate typosquatter.

I hope ICANN will stand firm and make sure typos of our paid and registered names get proper error messages rather than a sales pitch that could lead to competitors. I'd imagine they'll also blatanly tell you our typo is avaialble since they'll make $6 if someone regtisters it, and more if they can sell the link to a registrar to take the registration. At least when someone squats on a TM name now, you have the opportuntity to prove improper use by the fact that it was registered by someone.

This got me thinking again. I cannot think of one thing VS (as a registry operator or registrar) has done to offer a better product, better or inovative service, or just plain good PR. In my opinion, they are the last to innovate, overpriced, and just looking for the easy way out to make a profit instead of offering a product that people want to buy from them instead of have to buy from them.

I guess you can tell I'm not a fan of "V", Huh?

•••
Its like email spam isn't enough! Come on, no one needs any more domain spam!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back