Domain Empire

Verified Escrow.com Account, money held, anyone else ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What is your payment system of choice ?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Escrow.com prior to 2016

votes
    0.0%
  • Flippa Escrow

votes
    0.0%
  • Bitcoin

votes
    0.0%
  • Paypal

votes
    0.0%
  • Ethereum

votes
    0.0%
  • Carrier Pigeon

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

voiceofreason

Established Member
Impact
I already had a bad experience 2 weeks ago with someone at escrow/their bank wells fargo inputting my wire routing number twice and delaying payment. (My info has not changed on Escrow.com since last year)
I now have 3 smallish transactions I was counting on to be dispersed this week.
Happy customers, money approved for release.
Now I receive this email after wondering why I don't see any wires sent to me:

"Dear Seller, Before we disburse the payment, since you chose the payment to be disbursed under personal accounts please remove your company name in your profile, and confirm that this transaction is for personal use. Thank you Escrow.com Customer Support 180 Montgomery St, Suite 650 San Francisco, CA "

Um, for those who are new to Escrow.com, they have ALWAYS had a feature where you display your company name in public and have payments issued in your personal name.
As I am a lawyer working in a sensitive area and I am the ONLY person in the country with my name, my privacy is essential to me.
I think for many who have day jobs and speculate with domains on the side that their privacy is important to them.
I am very confused over this email.
Usually chat is available on Escrow.com, but it seems to have vanished as a feature.
I liked the idea of keeping Escrow.com as I use Payoneer in the future, but this is really a shocker.
Anyone else with a fully verified account encountering this ??
I do not see any emails or any FAQS on escrow.com that explain this sudden action.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Quick update.
Yup, this is a new rule.
If you are listed under a company name, you must use an account with matching company name.
You could always use your personal name checking until now.
I forced myself to call Escrow.com (I am one of those people who loathe talking on phone)
The CSR was actually super polite and helpful.
He explained that the auditors kind of threw them a loop and demanded this.
He wasn't certain why chat feature is missing though.
So I have to temporarily be naked online until funds dispersed.
And U won't be using it again until I have a company checking account.
In a Bitcoin world, I almost feel bad for Escrow.com. Perhaps they should have stayed headquartered in the US. The regulations wouldn't be as stiff IMHO.

•••
Now more crazy-making headaches.
Received funds from Escrow.com for 1 of 2 transactions.
But the older of the 2 is still being held.
Got an annoying email from Escrow.com that Flippa contacted them and they were waiting to hear back what Flippa's fee for the transaction are.
I explained that Flippa has removed their payment button on Flippa and that Sellers on Flippa must manually create Escrow.com transactions.
I then added that Flippa bills sellers directly, so why do Flippa a service ?
What a headache.
Payoneer seems like the only non frustrating Escrow experience at this point.

Last edited:
•••
Escrow was sold and the new owner / customer service is terrible. I'd normmaly recommend SEDO but they've change the escrow service recently and have become slow / non-responsive.

•••
Escrow was sold and the new owner / customer service is terrible. I'd normmaly recommend SEDO but they've change the escrow service recently and have become slow / non-responsive.
Darn, SEDO used to be really good. That's too bad.
On the upside, Escrow.com keeps replying to me about a half hour after I post these updates.
Interesting coinkydink.
Things look fine now.
I just hate being the whiny person.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back