Domain Empire

Escrow.com question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I've sold a name, and the transaction is now in escrow. I've used escrow.com in the past, and the buyer (if paying with credit card) has had to fill out a form and fax it to escrow.com, for credit card authorization purposes. My buyer just called to tell me that she did not have to fill out the authorization form.

The status of the transaction is now "Payment entered. Waiting for Escrow.com approval." Does this mean the form is no longer used?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
That's great news. Thanks Goat!

•••
•••
I just used Escrow.com to buy a domain. I've bought a few domains using Escrow.com in the past, although I mostly sell through them. It was the worst transaction I've ever encountered via Escrow.com. They even got the price I was supposed to pay, wrong. It took me about 4 days, and more than a dozen emails for someone to finally agree that my calculation was correct. They insisted all along that the price they setup was the correct amount. My bank paid all foreign charges, but they still charged me the $25 intermediate transfer fee. After the transfer was complete, the seller is now claiming they are not sending him the amount he was expecting also. Very unprofessional. It was the sellers' first Escrow.com transaction, and probably his last. I'm also going to consider dropping them as a payment medium. Very unprofessional. Very unlike the Escrow.com I've used in the past. And I was the one recommending to use them :(

Shades of Flippa intervention? Why do I suspect that? Well apart from the facts above, Escrow.com notoriously don't work on weekends, but I was still exchanging emails with them over the weekend.That's never happened to me in the past.

Last edited:
•••
I just used Escrow.com to buy a domain. I've bought a few domains using Escrow.com in the past, although I mostly sell through them. It was the worst transaction I've ever encountered via Escrow.com. They even got the price I was supposed to pay, wrong. It took me about 4 days, and more than a dozen emails for someone to finally agree that my calculation was correct. They insisted all along that the price they setup was the correct amount. My bank paid all foreign charges, but they still charged me the $25 intermediate transfer fee. After the transfer was complete, the seller is now claiming they are not sending him the amount he was expecting also. Very unprofessional. It was the sellers' first Escrow.com transaction, and probably his last. I'm also going to consider dropping them as a payment medium. Very unprofessional. Very unlike the Escrow.com I've used in the past. And I was the one recommending to use them :(

Shades of Flippa intervention? Why do I suspect that? Well apart from the facts above, Escrow.com notoriously don't work on weekends, but I was still exchanging emails with them over the weekend.That's never happened to me in the past.

Hi Stub,

I am sorry to hear about your recent Escrow.com experience. I am sending you a PM so we can discuss your experience further.

Thank you,
Mauli

•••
After Mauli reached out to me, my issues with Escrow.com have all been resolved to my satisfaction over the transaction mentioned above.

•••
•••
After Mauli reached out to me, my issues with Escrow.com have all been resolved to my satisfaction over the transaction mentioned above.

squeaky wheel gets the grease?

•••
Thank you Stub, we appreciate your business and your trust.
Brandon

•••
•••
I think, that Escrow.com is number one service, in 9 September a buyer has accepted the merchandise, in 10 September Closing Statement and in 11 September i received funds to my account.

For comparison with DN.com: also in 9 September another transaction completed via DN.com. 2015-09-10
"Buyer has received the domain name, transaction completed".
Today is 15 September and current status still "Waiting to be processed"...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back