Dynadot

domain UsedCar.world

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Rajendrakumar

Impact
I registered many new gTLD domains. I thought I can make money by selling them. Following are 31 .world domains I registered two days ago. After registration I realized that .world is not as good as other upcoming new tlds like .app, .web, .shop etc. So I want to cancel auto renewal for many of the following domains. What do you think? Lets say if you have to keep 5 of them which would be those? Just choose 5 of them. Please don't say you don't wish to have a single one.

• usedcar.world
  • movers.world
  • nursery.world
  • mirror.world
  • flag.world
  • salvage.world
  • phones.world
  • gadgets.world
  • dictionary.world
  • night.world
  • msc.world
  • designers.world
  • developers.world
  • newspaper.world
  • innocent.world
  • artist.world
  • attractions.world
  • banking.world
  • cosmic.world
  • designing.world
  • evening.world
  • goodmorning.world
  • handicraft.world
  • html.world
  • morning.world
  • namaste.world
  • robotic.world
  • tenant.world
  • weapon.world
  • weapons.world
  • wooden.world

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
These domains might sound okay but i don't think many of us are getting too excited over new extensions.
I would be looking at what retailers are using the names. eg battery.world.

•••
They are all worth zero (I guess it is possible to find a sucker who doesn't know they are worthless). I feel bad for newbies like you who get victimized by registrars and other scam pumpers, including those who used to be the biggest legends in domaining. They don't care about you at all. If you died, or couldn't feed your family, they would not care. But they will take your money by pumping worthless extensions. The only way to stop them is to put them in prison. Maybe for tax fraud. They have hotline numbers to call if you see a seasoned domainer pumping this garbage. A nice prison stint and some real pain and maybe they will think twice about victimizing people like you.

Delete them all, even though it will be tough to do. The great investors take losses when they make mistakes (George Soros is a great investor who is a good loss taker). Stick with dotcom only. Do NOT try to hand reg names yet. The only exception to dotcom if you are a newbie, is to buy names in the country code that you are most familiar with, but even then you could be dealing with loser extensions, as all but a handful are.

These names will trap you into thinking they are worth something. If you can sell them, so them for whatever you can get. Root hard for people like Frank Schilling and the other "To the right of the dot crowd" scammers to drop dead from heart attacks so you can piss on their graves. I will pay for your ticket to their funeral. Those are the real losers in domaining.....people who know better. I single him out because there is not a single story of him ever buying a domain off of a regular domainer for a good price, nor is there a single story of him selling a domain to anyone in the world at a good price (at the time of the deal). He made millions buying good to great names, but that wasn't enough. Now he wants to ruin everybody with his loser scam ideas. He, and all others who think like him, are total garbage.

Right now, decent dotcoms cannot be sold for any price. Pretty good names are almost impossible to sell for even $50 here (less than that). I suggest searching some drop lists, or even forum threads, as there are some good names floating around, and some you can get for less than reg fee. If you have the discipline, I would try not to register any names for a few months. Take your foot off the gas and read. When you see a thread where names are legitimately being sold, pay attention to those names and prices. Most threads at forums are just people trying to sell worthless names, and they talk to themselves by bumping the threads, but you will find some that have some action. Study the real transactions, not the scam ones that get reported, like one that I saw last week.....Wine.club for 140K. Scam. Scam. Scam. I don't care what type of lies they came out with to make it look legit.

Last edited:
•••
You should buy .com only. Other extensions are very hard to sell. If you want to develop website you can buy .com or .net or .org. You can buy one new extension - just fo fun. Just my opinion !

•••
ouch..... 31.world names! you spent $23.99 each! $744 plus tax... Ask for a refund! Quick! They will if its only been a few days!

OUCH

•••
Archeo is selling usedcarworld dot com the end buyer might like both names. The end user on the other hand still doesn't understand the dot com dot net tld's they will still probably tag a dot com on end again.
to make it usedcar.world.com even try catch those perhaps make a .com folder as well.

•••
Hello
As everyone said before: ask for a refund quickly! This is called "grace delete". Every (decent) registrar offers this. Do it quickly (you have to call or chat with your registrar support)! Good luck

Last edited:
•••
They are all worth zero...
You do realize the topic starter has already stated that "Just choose 5 of them. Please don't say you don't wish to have a single one.", yet you neglect his request and end up writing this remarkably unhelpful post to vent your frustration over these new GTLDs.

I think it's clear why someone like you would so desperately wish that the world will stay constant forever and ever. It's not because there's anything inherently wrong with these new domain extensions; heck I'd argue that .web is quite better and more descriptive than even .com or .net. But your unreasonable hate stems from your life business being at risk, which I believe is dealing with popular and already established domain names extensions.

Listen, you just reminded me of that time/video when Steve Ballmer laughed off Apple for their $500 iPhone, but now fast forward a few years and look how desperate Microsoft is just to go past 5% of the world's smartphone marketshare; they pretty much decimated Nokia just to acquire their hardware division in hope of being at least relevant in the smartphone business.

Of course, nobody is insightful enough to know what the future might exactly become, but it's good to take a more open-minded approach as opposed to tirelessly fight to ensure the status quo is the only way of the future. Oh and I don't know what your rationale is, but wishing death upon someone who doesn't seem to have harmed you personally in any way seems a bit too much, wouldn't you agree?

•••
It should be noted that it appears the OP has already dropped some of the less valuable names from the above list. I think he now owns 5-10 of the domains, though it's puzzling to me why he has dropped usedcar.world, newspaper.world, and robotic.world. I believe these three are good names and their .com counterparts are priced at $5000 minimum, so getting these for less than a fraction of the .com version of these domains is pretty good, whether for developing a website, or for reselling down the road in a couple years.

Needless to say, I am not a big fan of plural version of some of these domains, for example, phone.world is far far better than phones.world, and strangely enough, Donuts has priced them similarly, so it makes very little sense to go with the plural version unless there's a big difference in the pricing such as in app.world ($500 per year) vs. apps.world ($80 per year).

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck in selling or developing your domains.

•••
I'd like to add that many of these new extensions are not registered with many DNS servers so going to them might give you a "DNS not found" error depending on your DNS provider.

•••
The dot com counterparts are not in the 5k range they are branded not generic. They may be in 1k range.
making these sites worth a lot less than the .net the dot org about rego fee.

•••
What do you think? Lets say if you have to keep 5 of them which would be those? Just choose 5 of them.

As per your question here's what I'd keep but it's 4 and not 5.

UsedCar, Weapons, Banking and Morning.

I like Morning for a world news site.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back