IT.COM

advice Is it safe to share domain names registered hours ago?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DDdomains89

Established Member
Impact
I just registered 10-13 new .xyz domain names and wanted to know if it is safe to share the names on social platform and nps as such. Also, how exactly the selling process works for newly registered domains, like i registered all of them on namecheap about an hour ago, can those names be sold right away?

thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If they are showing in your account you are probably fine to share them. You can sell them right away, but they are probably under a 60 day transfer lock, so you will only be able to push them to another Namecheap account for the first 60 days.

Best of luck with them!

•••
Once you've paid for the domain registration on NameCheap, then the domain is yours and cannot be registered by anyone else until it expires.

You can check if the domains are in your account dashboard, if you see them there, then you own them.

•••
If they are showing in your account you are probably fine to share them. You can sell them right away, but they are probably under a 60 day transfer lock, so you will only be able to push them to another Namecheap account for the first 60 days.

Best of luck with them!
appreciate it. btw the page directs to sedos parking and the message shown is "Domain is expired , would you like to renew?" Unlike the Namecheap lander. Not sure if they have made any changes to that yet

•••
appreciate it. btw the page directs to sedos parking and the message shown is "Domain is expired , would you like to renew?" Unlike the Namecheap lander. Not sure if they have made any changes to that yet
Just go in and point them somewhere else.

•••
In my experience, I have purchased a brand new domain name or expired ones on Namebright.com and when I had to renew them I would transfer to a Godaddy, Hostgator and so on. Usually, all I need to do is Unlock the domain on the current register, confirm the link on the email if any, and copy the security code on the receiving register transfer page. And that´s it. After that, I will update DNS servers if necessary. Usually in less than 1 hour, my domain is on the new register. It used to take days for that years ago. Nowadays it is a lot easier. For the DNS change, it will take up to one day to spread the changes on the web or whatever you call that action.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back