Dynadot

.us .US - The OFFICIAL Discussion, Showcase and Sales Report Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It appears the domain industry has been starting to take notice of the .us namespace over the past year, read DnJournal.com .us growth and Namepros with even greater expectations for the year to come.

So I thought it would be a good idea to ask everyone to show us your .us domain names. You can post your favorites or your entire portfolio.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Accountable.us

Corporations, special interests, and the policymakers who do their bidding wield too much power in Washington. We hold them accountable through in-depth investigative research, empowering Americans to demand change.

https://accountable.us/

•••
•••
.US names listed for sale in the marketplace. All part of liquidation:

BoatsForSale Almost $400K .com reported sale (namebio)
HeavyEquipment
Knives - see namebio
LAPD
LEDS
Tractor - see namebio
WebDeveloper
Worms

•••
Just registered badmen.us. I wanted nogood.us but the owner refused my offer of $100.

•••

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230104-180220-167.png
    Screenshot_20230104-180220-167.png
    261.1 KB · Views: 67
•••

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230116-203823-102.png
    Screenshot_20230116-203823-102.png
    183.6 KB · Views: 70
•••
WealthPlan.us - $2,998
Party.us - $5,000
Harmony.us - $1,121
Freight.us - $2,510
Content.us - $3,000

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
These are sales I saw on NameBio I don't believe were shared in this thread.

WealthPlan.us - $2,998
Party.us - $5,000
Harmony.us - $1,121
Freight.us - $2,510
Content.us - $3,000

Last edited:
•••
•••
WealthPlan.us - $2,998
Party.us - $5,000
Harmony.us - $1,121
Freight.us - $2,510
Content.us - $3,000
Party.us was a great buy for that price.

Brad

•••
•••
•••
Great info about .US from @Bob Hawkes!

https://www.namepros.com/blog/the-us-domain-name-extension.1235474/

While the United States is probably the dominant power in domain names, its own country code extension, .us, has not achieved the same strength. For example, even though Canada has about one-tenth the population of the United States, its .ca extension has almost double the registration numbers of .us, and about triple the number of websites in the Alexa 1M.

The reason is primarily because .com plays the role of a United States country code in many ways. Initially, .com, .net and .org were intended as American extensions, only later coming to be viewed in the global sense.

Nevertheless, the .us country code has been a significant extension since its introduction in 1985.

Just last month, two domain names in the extension sold for more than $10,000 each, with PPE.us selling at Sedo for $20,000 on March 5, 2021, and hund.us selling for $11,822 on March 24, 2021, also at Sedo.

In this article, I take a look at major sales, the extension sell-through rate, annual trends, and the distributions of sales and asking prices.

Sales Trends

The annual dollar volume of all .us extension sales (above $100) listed in NameBio are shown. Other than an abnormally high 2011, the sales volume has been relatively stable. Note that there have been reporting changes during the period covered.

Show attachment 187867

Averaged over the past five years, 155 sales above $100 per year were listed in NameBio, with an average price of about $1000.

Sales Price Distribution

While a few sales are at very high prices, the majority of sales in the .us extension are at prices under $1000. The full distribution is shown below.

Show attachment 187868

The highest sale recorded in the .us extension on NameBio is video.us sold for $75,000 at Afternic in 2007.

Top US Sales Last 5 Years

At least from those recored in NameBio, the top sales in the .us extension from the past five years are listed below.
  1. live.us $26,000 (2018)
  2. cash.us $20,100 (2016)
  3. PPE.us $20,000 (2021)
  4. wallet.us $18,250 (2016)
  5. oxygen.us $17,999 (2020)
  6. gaming.us $15,000 (2016)
  7. evus.us $13,000 (2016)
  8. CreditCard.us $12,500 (2020)
  9. CreditCards.us $12,500 (2020)
  10. care.us $12,000 (2018)
  11. hund.us $11,822 (2021)
  12. fly.us $10,000 (2020)
  13. shirts.us $10,000 (2016)
Here is the link to the complete list of NameBio-recorded .us sales over the last 5 years, arranged by price.

There are several place names among the significant sales, including Nashville.us and Miami.us. Interestingly, Iceland.us also sold for a good price.

One bonus of .us is that, in addition to representing United States, it is a nice match across the dot in many expressions including the word us. Domain name sales such as fly.us, add.us and insure.us take advantage of this. Occasionally the extension is used in single-word domain hacks split by the dot, such as famo.us.

Asking Price Distribution

With Dofo Advanced Search, it is possible to find the distribution of asking prices for any extension. The results for the .us extension are shown below.

Show attachment 187869

While there are some high asking prices, most are $2500 or less, and many less than $500.

This distribution can be compared with asking prices for some other extensions in the article How Are Investors Pricing Their Domain Names.

US Extension Apparent Sell-Through Rate

It is possible to combine the number of names listed for sale across all of the major marketplaces, using Dofo advanced search, with the number of sales using NameBio, to determine an apparent sell-through rate. I say apparent, because the majority of retail sales are not listed in NameBio, so the actual sell-through rate is higher by some factor, perhaps about five.

There were 777 .us sales over the past five years, or about 155 per year on average. If we compare that with 140,948 .us extension names currently listed for sale, the apparent annual sell-through rate is about 0.11%. A similar calculation for .com yields a higher apparent sell-through rate, about 0.63%. However, it should be noted that, almost certainly, there are significantly more wholesale acquisitions included in the .com NameBio sales than is the case for .us.

The NamePros US Extension Discussion

Since 2012 there has been an official discussion, showcase and sales thread at NamePros.

Major Users of US Domain Extension

The best known user of a .us domain is Zoom.us, currently the 16th most popular website in the world according to Alexa 1M.

Other popular sites on the extension according to DomainNameStats include BUYMA luxury fashion shopping and Band, an integrated communications service.

In the Cisco Umbrella estimates of web traffic .us ranks 8th overall, while somewhat lower in ranking by number of Alexa 1M sites, according to data presented in Website Traffic Changes for Different Domain Names.

There has been widespread use of the .us extension by American state governments in the past. Over recent years, some have moved to .gov extension domain names, however.

The Extension

If looking for more information on the extension, check out about.us. There is a requirement that .us registrants have a bona fide presence in the United States of America.

GoDaddy Registry operate the extension. Neustar had operated the .us extension prior to the GoDaddy acquisition of Neustar’s registry business last year.

I checked for abuse ratings at Spamhaus for the .us extension, finding 8.4% showing abuse with a 0.69 badness score. That is somewhat worse than .com, 3.2% and 0.39 score, and .net, 4.6% and 0.46 score, although not particularly high.

Registration costs in .us are normally sharply discounted for the first year, with renewal costs of $8 to $10 at a number of registrars according to TLD-list.

Please share your experiences and outlooks for the .us extension in the comments section.

Thanks to Alexa, DomainNameStats, NameBio, and Dofo for data used in this article.

The idea to do an analysis on the .us extension was suggested to me by a NamePros member, but I can’t seem to find that post. If that was you, thank you for the idea, and please identify yourself in the comments, if you wish.

.US Zooms
The .us extension had a great 2022. The number of sales was up 30.5%, while dollar volume was up even more, 56.2%. NameBio-reported sales in the extension accounted for almost $372,000 in total. The average sales price was a very healthy $1260. The four-year trend for NameBio-reported .us is shown below.
Show attachment 229827

•••
•••
Saw reported on Twitter by one of our forum members Hiren Patel.

Song.us 5k

Screenshot_20230304_071957_Twitter.jpg

•••
Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
•••
Not “just another HR conference,” HR Transform gained traction and acclaim as the must-attend event for people professionals and WorkTech innovators. Now called Transform, we aspire to an elevated mission of delivering a people-driven thought leadership ecosystem that engages our distinguished community through numerous channels all year long.

https://transform.us/

•••
It's funny how dngear replied in reference to the dot .us guy belittling the xyz extension and here she is leaving an idiotic statement about .us. She acts surprised that .us is still around and at the same time she knows its a cctld and will always be around. When smart people play stupid its almost always for a reason.
.US is gold her extension is fools gold.

•••
What a way to market your .us domains when you get writer's block. I just tried out Dynadot's Ask ai. Just click on any of your domains in your account and you will see the purple AI icon at the top of the page.

I tried it out on the domain I was looking at in my account (prepping.us). AI gave me four choices:

Who can I sell this domain to?

Prepping.us is a domain name that has several meanings, associations, and interpretations. Prepping is short for preparation, which can signify a variety of things, including getting ready for disasters, emergencies, or survival situations. The term is commonly used in the prepping community, which comprises individuals who are interested in self-reliance, minimalist living, and preparedness. The domain name prepping.us can be interpreted as a website that provides information, resources, and products related to prepping.

10 potential buyers for the prepping.us domain could be:

1. Prepping and survival blogs or websites
2. Companies selling survival gear
3. Camping and outdoor gear companies
4. Self-defense companies
5. Military and tactical gear companies
6. Fitness and health websites promoting preparedness for emergencies
7. Emergency preparedness organizations and charities
8. Homesteading and gardening websites
9. Insurance companies offering emergency preparedness policies
10. Government agencies dealing with emergency and crisis management.

Write a sales description for the domain name "prepping.us"

Are you a doomsday prepper looking for the perfect domain name to complement your survivalist lifestyle? Look no further than prepping.us! This domain is perfect for all your prepping needs, whether you're hoarding cans of Spam or building a bunker to survive the apocalypse.

But wait, there's more! By purchasing prepping.us, you're not just buying a domain name, you're buying a lifestyle. You'll be joining the ranks of hardcore preppers who know how to survive in even the most dire circumstances. Plus, with a name like prepping.us, you'll never forget why you spent all that money on freeze-dried food and water filtration systems in the first place.

So why wait? Buy prepping.us today and ensure that when the apocalypse comes, you'll be ready - and you'll have a kick-ass domain name to prove it.

What is the history of the domain "prepping.us"?

The domain "prepping.us" was first registered on February 11, 2008. Throughout its history, there have been various websites active on the domain, focusing on prepping and survival topics such as emergency preparedness, self-reliance, and homesteading. It is unclear whether the domain has been sold before or if there have been any transactions related to it.

As for ownership, the current and past owners of the domain are unknown. It is also unknown whether the domain is trademarked or if there are similar trademarks for it. There is no record of the domain being mentioned in any UDRP cases or lawsuits.

It is important to note that this information may not be accurate or up to date. The history of the domain may have changed since the last update, and further research would be needed to provide a more thorough and accurate response.

Write a poem about the domain "prepping.us".

Prepping.us, the domain of the wise, Where survival skills are up to date and precise, A place where one can learn to be self-reliant, And stay prepared for any disaster, defiant.

From canned goods to water filtration, To emergency shelter and communication, Prepping.us has everything you need, To survive and thrive, and not just succeed.

In a world where uncertainty reigns, Having the skills to prepare is the only way to sustain, At prepping.us, you'll find a community so strong, Together, they'll help you hold on for long.

So, don't wait for the worst to come, Start prepping now, and stay well-armed, Visit prepping.us, the domain of the wise, And be prepared for any possible surprise.
________________________________________________________________________________

I wonder if I could use this as web page content and place ad links on it? Meanwhile, I think I will stream the movie Terminator, and its sequels.

If I get any sales inquiries on my domain ... I'll be back.

•••
What a way to market your .us domains when you get writer's block. I just tried out Dynadot's Ask ai. Just click on any of your domains in your account and you will see the purple AI icon at the top of the page.

I tried it out on the domain I was looking at in my account (prepping.us). AI gave me four choices:

Who can I sell this domain to?

Prepping.us is a domain name that has several meanings, associations, and interpretations. Prepping is short for preparation, which can signify a variety of things, including getting ready for disasters, emergencies, or survival situations. The term is commonly used in the prepping community, which comprises individuals who are interested in self-reliance, minimalist living, and preparedness. The domain name prepping.us can be interpreted as a website that provides information, resources, and products related to prepping.

10 potential buyers for the prepping.us domain could be:

1. Prepping and survival blogs or websites
2. Companies selling survival gear
3. Camping and outdoor gear companies
4. Self-defense companies
5. Military and tactical gear companies
6. Fitness and health websites promoting preparedness for emergencies
7. Emergency preparedness organizations and charities
8. Homesteading and gardening websites
9. Insurance companies offering emergency preparedness policies
10. Government agencies dealing with emergency and crisis management.

Write a sales description for the domain name "prepping.us"

Are you a doomsday prepper looking for the perfect domain name to complement your survivalist lifestyle? Look no further than prepping.us! This domain is perfect for all your prepping needs, whether you're hoarding cans of Spam or building a bunker to survive the apocalypse.

But wait, there's more! By purchasing prepping.us, you're not just buying a domain name, you're buying a lifestyle. You'll be joining the ranks of hardcore preppers who know how to survive in even the most dire circumstances. Plus, with a name like prepping.us, you'll never forget why you spent all that money on freeze-dried food and water filtration systems in the first place.

So why wait? Buy prepping.us today and ensure that when the apocalypse comes, you'll be ready - and you'll have a kick-ass domain name to prove it.

What is the history of the domain "prepping.us"?

The domain "prepping.us" was first registered on February 11, 2008. Throughout its history, there have been various websites active on the domain, focusing on prepping and survival topics such as emergency preparedness, self-reliance, and homesteading. It is unclear whether the domain has been sold before or if there have been any transactions related to it.

As for ownership, the current and past owners of the domain are unknown. It is also unknown whether the domain is trademarked or if there are similar trademarks for it. There is no record of the domain being mentioned in any UDRP cases or lawsuits.

It is important to note that this information may not be accurate or up to date. The history of the domain may have changed since the last update, and further research would be needed to provide a more thorough and accurate response.

Write a poem about the domain "prepping.us".

Prepping.us, the domain of the wise, Where survival skills are up to date and precise, A place where one can learn to be self-reliant, And stay prepared for any disaster, defiant.

From canned goods to water filtration, To emergency shelter and communication, Prepping.us has everything you need, To survive and thrive, and not just succeed.

In a world where uncertainty reigns, Having the skills to prepare is the only way to sustain, At prepping.us, you'll find a community so strong, Together, they'll help you hold on for long.

So, don't wait for the worst to come, Start prepping now, and stay well-armed, Visit prepping.us, the domain of the wise, And be prepared for any possible surprise.
________________________________________________________________________________

I wonder if I could use this as web page content and place ad links on it? Meanwhile, I think I will stream the movie Terminator, and its sequels.

If I get any sales inquiries on my domain ... I'll be back.
Thanks for that! I noticed your NP username. I own the .us of it. :) TGIF!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back