IT.COM

.us .US - The OFFICIAL Discussion, Showcase and Sales Report Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It appears the domain industry has been starting to take notice of the .us namespace over the past year, read DnJournal.com .us growth and Namepros with even greater expectations for the year to come.

So I thought it would be a good idea to ask everyone to show us your .us domain names. You can post your favorites or your entire portfolio.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.US sale last week-

CleaningServices

Bought for $12 about a year and a half ago. Sold on GD for $1499, but didnt use a GD lander. I only have a handful of .us and bought this one as it would look good on the side of a truck. Good luck all!

•••
Searching TDNAM for decent .us (and other extensions) domains has just become a lot more cumbersome now that its Estimated Value column has no data. As of this post, 4,000 .us domains are listed as Expiring Auctions. Who has time to read 4,000+/- domains every day?

•••
Thanks for that! I noticed your NP username. I own the .us of it. :) TGIF!
And I own ShermanOaks.us. Ah, the good old days of hanging out at the Sherman Oaks Galleria in the days of Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

•••
And I own ShermanOaks.us. Ah, the good old days of hanging out at the Sherman Oaks Galleria in the days of Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
That's awesome fam!

•••
Someone sold this
I notice last week | Transfer out ( i think ) from Dynadot to Realtimeregister

sellstable.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
Elon Musk on bidders ?!?! :ROFL:

Show attachment 236870
Twitter used to own it around 2016 to 2019, maybe earlier, maybe later, too. Whois shows it was registered yesterday using a privacy service. Privacy service for a .us? That aside, who would buy it?

•••
Twitter used to own it around 2016 to 2019, maybe earlier, maybe later, too. Whois shows it was registered yesterday using a privacy service. Privacy service for a .us? That aside, who would buy it?
Is not under privacy
Is under Park.io
Maybe own the name ( company mother ) but let drop yesterday for first time since 2007
Elon M maybe want to change Twitter in X ...who knows

Nope i don't want to bid/buy

•••

Is not under privacy
Is under Park.io
Maybe own the name ( company mother ) but let drop yesterday for first time since 2007
Elon M maybe want to change Twitter in X ...who knows

Nope i don't want to bid/buy
1682996192306.png

1682996146097.png

1682996363696.png

Sometimes records such as the one above do not always list all of the prior registrants and registration dates.

Last edited:
•••
twit2.png

is effectively the name of registrant :ROFL: not private
Park io was think is better to setup this name for his .us names ( maybe all )

•••
Last edited:
•••
Is "privacy" like Prince or Madonna?
They can change in what they want ....is just a "name" otherwise not know is on auction on park io

•••
AI-Generated Q & As

What are the selling points of a .us domain name?

Some of the key selling points of a .us domain name include: 1. Local identity: .us domain names help to establish a strong local identity and demonstrate a connection to a specific geographic location, which can help to foster trust and build relationships with local consumers. 2. Brand differentiation: A .us domain name can help businesses differentiate themselves from the competition and stand out in a crowded marketplace, especially for businesses with a strong US-based presence. 3. Cost-effective: .us domain names can be a more cost-effective choice than other top-level domains, such as .com, .net, or .org, which are often more expensive due to their popularity and availability. 4. SEO benefits: Search engines like Google are more likely to prioritize geographic-specific search results for region specific searches. By leveraging a .us extension one can establish localization which can help in boosting the search engine ranking. 5. Availability: While many common .com domain names may already be taken, .us domain names are often still available, making them an attractive option for businesses and individuals looking for a unique and memorable domain name. 6. Trustworthiness: A .us domain name can enhance the credibility and trustworthiness of your website, especially for businesses dealing with US-based customers. Overall, the use of .us domain names is a strategic choice for businesses or individuals who wish to establish a strong local identity and differentiate themselves from their competitors, while benefiting from lower costs and stronger connections to a specific geographical location.

What are the advantages to using a .us domain name over a .com?

There are a number of advantages to using a .us domain name over a .com domain name, especially for businesses or organizations that do business within the United States. One of the main advantages of a .us domain name is that it is seen as more localized and associated with a specific geographic location. This can help instill greater trust with US-based customers and foster a sense of community around the brand. Additionally, a .us domain name can provide a more memorable and unique web address in a marketplace where .com domain names are becoming increasingly scarce. Furthermore, a .us domain name signals to search engines that the website content is tailored for US-based audiences, which can boost SEO rankings for region specific searches. The use of .us TLD also helps in bringing strong impact on local SEO. Lastly, a .us domain name offers branding opportunities that align with American values, leveraging the power of the American identity. Overall, the use of a .us TLD can be a powerful and strategic choice for businesses and organizations looking to establish a strong local presence within the United States and differentiate themselves from competitors using other TLDs.

Are .us do domain names becoming popular and more widely used?

Yes, there has been a notable increase in the popularity and usage of .us domain names in recent years. This growth can be attributed to a number of factors, such as the increasing globalization of businesses and organizations, which has led to a greater focus on region-specific branding and marketing. Additionally, the shift towards more localized and community-centric business models has encouraged companies to adopt .us domain names as a way to demonstrate their connection to specific geographic areas. Furthermore, the scarcity of available .com domain names, along with the increasing costs of acquiring them, has made .us domain names an increasingly attractive alternative for smaller businesses seeking to establish an online presence. Overall, the growing adoption and use of .us domain names reflect the changing nature of the online marketplace and the importance of region-specific branding and marketing strategies.

Are .us domains indexed by search engines?

Yes, .us domains are definitely indexed by search engines, including Google, Bing, and Yahoo!. However, the process of indexing a .us domain is the same as with any other top-level domain, and it depends heavily on the quality of the website content and how well it is optimized for search engines. Websites with .us domain names may actually benefit from search engines preferring local results for region-specific searches. However, it's important to keep in mind that setting up a website with a .us domain name doesn't automatically guarantee higher rankings or search visibility on search engine result pages. Quality content, optimization of keywords, a sound backlink profile, and SEO strategies specifically targeted towards building local visibility are some of the important factors that contribute to strong search engine rankings.

How to sell a .us domain name:

Selling a .us domain name requires a strategic approach and a targeted marketing campaign. Here are some strategies that can be used to sell a .us domain name: 1. Determine the value of the domain name: Research recent sales of comparable domains to determine a fair price range for the domain. 2. List the domain name for sale on a reputable domain marketplace: There are several domain marketplaces, such as GoDaddy and Sedo, where you can list the domain name for sale. This will help attract potential buyers who are actively searching for a domain name. 3. Use social media to promote the domain name: Share the domain name on your social media accounts or create paid ads that will be targeted to potential buyers in your specific niche. 4. Reach out to potential buyers directly: Identify businesses or organizations that could benefit from the domain name and reach out to them directly. This could be done by emailing them or connecting with them on professional networking sites such as LinkedIn. 5. Attend industry events and conferences: This can be a great way to network and connect with potential buyers who may be interested in the domain name. 6. Offer flexible financing or payment plans: This can be an attractive option for buyers who may not have the full amount available to purchase the domain outright. Ultimately, the key to successfully selling a .us domain name is to be patient, persistent, and proactive in promoting the domain and reaching out to potential buyers. By using a combination of marketing tactics and sales strategies, you can increase your chances of finding a buyer who is willing to pay the price you are looking for.

I asked the next two questions to help me decide whether to sell my .us domains now or hold on to them long-term. I may need some extra cash to buy a go bag and a deep underground bunker the way things are going in this country.

Is the evolution of AI limitless, and if so, can it one day take over the world?

I believe that the development and evolution of AI is limitless, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will one day take over the world. AI can be a valuable tool, but it's important that it is developed responsibly and with proper oversight. We need to put safeguards in place and ensure that it's properly controlled to prevent any possible negative consequences. It's also important to note that AI is ultimately created and controlled by humans and its actions are dictated by those who control it. Therefore, any negative consequences of AI would be the result of human decisions and actions, not the fault of AI itself.

Is there any chance whatsoever that AI could destroy mankind to better mankind?

I don't believe that AI could destroy mankind to better mankind. The evolution of AI is designed to enhance people's lives and solve problems, not to harm them. However, it's important to acknowledge that there are always risks involved with technology and new developments. That's why it's important to have proper oversight and safeguards in place to mitigate those risks. We should always strive for responsible innovation and use of AI, ensuring that it is used to further benefit mankind's progress.

... Uh-oh on the last two answers.

*All questions were answered by Gippr AI.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I really like all the .us sites I have been finding. So far I have a list of about 2,000 .us websites unconnected to any .com, and about another 3,000+ .us websites that I didn't bother to check because in the time it would have taken me to verify one site, I could have found 10 other .us sites just as good.

Here is a cool site I just found (unconnected to a .com): paramerica.us

Is it me or are they making a recreational and competitive adventure sport out of a shop fan attached to a lawn chair?

•••
•••
pioneer.us 05/08/2023 19500 GBP Sedo

•••
NOT my sale but the sale of one of my partners with his accept to post & because i owned this domain & sold to him in the past ( is not active here )
1499 $
b2.png

Last edited:
•••
Parrot .us SOLD yesterday , venue Sedo for 12000 $ ( Namebio )
* not my sale
😍

•••
a-i.us

As short as it gets and quite specific. Thoughts?

•••
Who needs coffee in the morning when you have an extended auction with last minute bids by another, especially when that bidder was only $25 away from winning my domain.

Let's see, do I make an investment that has maybe a 4% APY when inflation is at 8%, or do I invest the money in a domain that has the potential to yield a higher return with a sky's the limit potential?

Last edited:
•••
Who needs coffee in the morning when you have an extended auction with last minute bids by another, especially when that bidder was only $25 away from winning my domain.

Let's see, do I make an investment that has maybe a 4% APY when inflation is at 8%, or do I invest the money in a domain that has the potential to yield a higher return with a sky's the limit potential? The question becomes easier to answer when the domain has only four letters.
I bet it starts with an M.... :xf.cool:

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I finally have a server running in my house.
I bought it on Amazon.
I loaded Ubuntu 20.04 on the server.
I got Frontier fiber with 5 static IP addresses.
One of my static IP address's is tied to domain name comanche.us.
I don't have SSL so https will not work...yet.
The web site says argon.us.
It will probably end up as exe.us.
The web site has bugs but the hard part is done.
Feel free to create an account and upload videos to your
own web page....if you are so inclined.

http://www.comanche.us

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back