NameSilo

.us .US - The OFFICIAL Discussion, Showcase and Sales Report Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It appears the domain industry has been starting to take notice of the .us namespace over the past year, read DnJournal.com .us growth and Namepros with even greater expectations for the year to come.

So I thought it would be a good idea to ask everyone to show us your .us domain names. You can post your favorites or your entire portfolio.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I guess I should sold my aann.us as url shortener to some p-rnhub or something, ha

Last edited:
•••
Here is a selection of wins from recent GoDaddy auctions.

Each year there is a long list of high quality terms that expire on the same day, because they were registered when open registration started in 2002.

There was a good amount of activity this year, considering they ended on a Sunday on a holiday weekend.

Acid.us
Anna.us
Bailey.us
Canning.us
Chop.us
Crime.us
Firewall.us
Forget.us
Harris.us
Hernandez.us
Martin.us
SantaAna.us
Skate.us
Strategies.us
Synagogue.us
Voicemail.us
WeightLoss.us

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Here is a selection of wins from recent GoDaddy auctions.
I was outbid on a lot. Just ended up with;

Hickory
HomeSecurity
PrivateEye

•••
I was outbid on a lot. Just ended up with;

HomeSecurity
Somehow, I did not even see that one.

That's an excellent commercial keyword.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
Ya, it seemed to fly under the radar somehow
Did it end on the main day when 95% of the others did?

I went through the list based on several metrics and never noticed it.

Brad

•••
Did it end on the main day when 95% of the others did?

I went through the list based on several metrics and never noticed it.

Brad
Yup same day, but something weird might have happened. I never saw it on the first go either and it wasn't on my bidding list. Checked closeouts later that day for another look-over and was shocked to see it sitting there

•••
got a shortened version of my name as a short url

tomj.us

•••
I know other NamePros members picked up some quality .US domains recently.

I only picked up 2 -

Investing.us
Hosting.us

Brad

•••

I only picked up 2 -

Investing.us
Hosting.us

Brad
I haven’t bought a domain for the better part of a year. Nice grab!

•••
•••

I only picked up 2 -

Investing.us
Hosting.us

Brad
This are fire!

•••
Could .US sales be warming up? I noticed this on NameBio...

Reported .US Sales in 2021: 226
Reported .US Sales in 2022: 294
Reported .US Sales Thus Far in 2023: 233

There's still slightly under half of the year left. At this rate, sales numbers for .US this year will blowout the previous two. To do some comparison, let's look at a couple of other extensions..

Reported .FR Sales in 2021: 68
Reported .FR Sales in 2022: 82
Reported .FR Sales Thus Far in 2023: 45

Reported .NET Sales in 2021: 3,377
Reported .NET Sales in 2022: 3,712
Reported .NET Sales Thus Far in 2023: 2,066

Reported .DE Sales in 2021: 709
Reported .DE Sales in 2022: 646
Reported .DE Sales Thus Far in 2023: 352

All of these seem to have somewhat similar totals (in terms of volume) by the end of the year and actually seem pretty much on track for the same this year (a little over halfway there as we're now a little over halfway through the year). Meanwhile, there's still a lot of time left in the year for .US to blowout it's totals in each of the previous two. Technically, it's already surpassed 2021 numbers. It's on track to almost double what it did in sales last year...

So, what does everyone think: Could the .US extension be warming up here? Could it potentially have the largest ccTLD growth percentage (in terms of sales volume) by the end of the year?

•••
Could .US sales be warming up? I noticed this on NameBio...
I think that its warming up the same way that peace is warming up between Russia and Ukraine.
Its been a long cold war... and no sight of winter ending at all. The best names get ridiculous offers, if at all.

Unless some miracle happens or some dramatic change in marketing it - I think .us is doomed. I surely hope I am wrong :).

Last edited:
•••
•••
I think that its warming up the same way that peace is warming up between Russia and Ukraine.
Its been a long cold war... and no sight of winter ending at all. The best names get ridiculous offers, if at all.

Unless some miracle happens or some dramatic change in marketing it - I think .us is doomed. I surely hope I am wrong :).
I appreciate your input Yong! When it comes to "winter ending" for any extension, do you find it better to go by sales price or sales volume? Here is why I ask...

You're completely right about ridiculous offers. According to NameBio, only 3 of the last 25 .US sales were for more than $795 ($1250, $1821 and $3088). Yet, also according to NameBio, over the past 3 months there have been more .US sales reported than all but two of the five extensions they have listed under "Popular ccTLDs" (only .IO and .AI have had more). In fact, the 176 reported .US sales in the last three months is more than any other ccTLD I checked (co.uk, es, fr, eu, gr, de, nl, no, se, tv, to) and more than a couple of the common gTLDs (xyz & info).. 176 reported sales for the past three months and the extension has had a total of 334 over the past year. That means over half of the reported .US sales over the past year have now come in the past three months.

The more I look at these prices and venues, it seems a lot of these buys are most likely investors. Of the last 25 .US sales: ten came from GoDaddy, six came from Dynadot, three came from Sav, two came from Catched, two came from Afternic, one came from Sedo, and one came from Docky.

Are sales numbers up for .US? I think the answer is Yes. Especially over the past 3 months.. However, these appear to be mostly investor buys and not end user buys. So, what could be causing this increased investor activity? Plain old speculation? Is there something other people know that I don't? Are we in the very early days of something good for .US? Personally, I have no idea.

I find it interesting that we've seen a similar type of spike (only in much bigger numbers) with the .AI extension this year. NameBio shows 1,743 sales for .AI the past year. Almost half of those (810) have been in the past three months alone. Of those 810, almost half (314) have come in the past week alone. The only other ccTLD I've seen with more reported sales over the past three months is the .IO extension, but it's numbers aren't at all similar like the AI/US ones somewhat are. Any correlation here? Who knows and it's probably a stretch...

Maybe it's just speculation causing these investors to pay an average of $732 for 176 .US domains over the past three months, or maybe it's something else. But, it does seem like .US sales have been higher lately (volume wise, not necessarily price wise) and it's investors whom are doing the buying. If you spend some time browsing ccTLDs on NameBio you'll probably find that isn't something you see happening with a lot of extensions right now, unless it AI or IO. Why .US? A ccTLD with requirements at that! If you have any decent .US names you're wanting to clear out and willing to take a wholesale price for, make sure to list them on GoDaddy/Dynadot at the least - you might get a sale!

Keep in mind, I'm simply sharing what I have personally found doing NameBio research. I'm not trying to tell anyone to run out and start buying .US domains or anything like that.

Last edited:
•••
If you haven't had a chance to look over the NameCheap Domain Insights & Trends Report for 2023 that was released on July 28 then you should give it a quick read:
https://www.namecheap.com/guru-guides/domain-insights-trends-report-2023/

Congrats to .US for ranking #2 in ccTLD domain registrations! The only one to outrank them was .CO
.US was among the top 3 non .COM extensions registered in both South America and Asia (proxy registrations I guess?)

Once again, I'm not saying .US sales are soaring through the roof and you should run and start buying them. I'm saying the ccTLD is outperforming many others and right now (or maybe in the near future) could be a good time to sell if you've got some that you don't want. On the other hand, they're also cheap to hand register right now (NameBio has them for $2.39) so if there are names you do want then it could also be a good time to buy. Who knows what the future will bring...

Last edited:
•••
Parrot.us sold for a decent price back in May, so I decided to see if the buyer was an investor or a business looking for a .us domain for its website. It was the latter. Good.

1691824391202.png

It's nice to see a .us-only startup with serious funding:

Announcing Parrot's $11M Series A funding to catapult productivity for legal professionals.

The only fault that I found with their website was a slowly moving dark head-shaped shadow on its homepage that suddenly appeared as I scrolled down the page a little. Let's just say that I've never grabbed my holstered 38 from the side of my file cabinet next to my desk so fast. I thought that somebody was behind me. If you lived in the San Francisco Bay Area like I do, you would understand.

The Oakland Police are now advising residents to carry air horns to scare off criminals. That is excellent advice. I just have to figure out how to attach an air horn to my 38. By the way, airhorn.us is taken; and as of a minute ago, so is airhorns.us. At least someone is using "horns" (trainhorns.us) in their .us-only website.

•••
They must have fixed that. I didnt see "The Head"

Peace,
Kenny

•••
They must have fixed that. I didnt see "The Head"

Peace,
Kenny
I just took these screenshots a minute ago. I thought that someone was standing behind me looking over my shoulder. The shadow then darted around. My monitor is 44", 3840 x 2160, so the head appeared to be life-size when I saw it.
1691873691498.png

1691873572097.png

shadow 2.jpg

1691873180281.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••

How the fentanyl crisis' fourth wave has hit every corner of the US

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66826895

I reg. 4-5 days ago notice Fentanyl . us drop 🤪

Today traffic increase considerably on Sedo where is listed

Let's see , maybe a sale here 🤪

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back