Domain Empire

opinion Urgent, my domain sold twice in two different platform

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello domain expert,

Need your urgent help and views or suggestions.

Suddenly today I got a final warning from Afternic Escrow saying I need to transfer the domain Link***.com to Afternic Escrow . They need the auth code.

It turned out that all the email notification from afternic to my primary email at admin@premium**********.com not received. I am having problem with that email.

But since the AFternic team gave me final warning and forward to my secondary email at i*********@gmail.com, I managed to login and noticed that the domain Link***.com has been sold 1-2 weeks ago.

But before I managed to transfer the auth code today, suddenly the domain has been sold through Godaddy Premium Listing today.

But since the domain has been sold through Godaddy Premium Listing, the domain has been immediately removed from my godaddy dashboard, thus I can't get the auth code ( to be sent to Afternic escrow).

I have contacted with Godaddy team and they have discussed with the management what to do with the transaction. The support said the domain transfer to the Godaddy Premium Listing can't be put on hold .

But they will try to cancel the Godaddy Premium Listing transaction tomorrow because the office hours has closed..

But at the moment, I can't send the auth code because it is pending finalization.

Any suggestion what I need to do?

Thanks.

Naz

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ask them to check if it's the same buyer.

•••
well let's wait until godaddy cancels it then you can get the auth code to transfer to afternic. have you notified afternic of godaddy's decision?

•••
Ask them to check if it's the same buyer.

I doubt it is the same buyer. I highly suspect it is the Afternic staff that bought it because he/she wants to take advantage of the situation, since Godaddy Premium Listing was listed at $299 only, while Afternic was sold at $899.

Can you imagine, the domain was sold 1-2 weeks ago at Afternic (i didn't get any notification through my primary email for weeks due to email problem). But then the Afternic team just sent me a warning email today (to my secondary email) saying "If you dont transfer the auth code by end of today, the transaction will be canceled". He sent the warning to my secondary email just several hours before the day end today.

Then suddenly the Godaddy Premium Listing sold today, after the day end today.

I suspect, the Afternic staff bought at Godaddy Premium Listing at $299 and then will approach the buyer (that paid $899 at afternic) after he/she canceled the Afternic transaction.

Very sneaky.

Quite disappointed because they didn't send any notification to my secondary email for 2 weeks, but just sent it to my secondary email for the final warning just several hours before the day end (to cancel the Afternic transaction).

•••
well let's wait until godaddy cancels it then you can get the auth code to transfer to afternic. have you notified afternic of godaddy's decision?

The Godaddy Premium Listing is so instant. Once bought, the domain immediately removed from my dashboard. I can't do anything.

Is it possible for the godaddy team to cancel and push the domain back to me? Because the domain was sold at Afternic first, before sold at Godaddy Premium Listing.

•••
well for now for me, we're at the mercy of Godaddy, if you can follow up with a message to them. we can't go against any one of them actually but right now as i see it, Godaddy holds the aces.

well, unfortunately, from the looks of it both of them looks they are first at the domain. so let's wait and see for Godaddy's decision.

and yeah quite frankly, godaddy also was involved in making decision with one of my domain name, and their decision cost me about U.S.$250.00 so yeah frankly i respect them as tough decision maker in the domain industry. But if it looks like they made their decisions in iron-clad claw, nothing we can do about it as hinted by their customer support.

let's wait for the best. in the meantime what's the timetable of godaddy? did they advise you how long will they come to a conclusion?

Last edited:
•••
Hello domain expert,

Need your urgent help and views or suggestions.

Suddenly today I got a final warning from Afternic Escrow saying I need to transfer the domain Link***.com to Afternic Escrow . They need the auth code.

It turned out that all the email notification from afternic to my primary email at admin@premium**********.com not received. I am having problem with that email.

But since the AFternic team gave me final warning and forward to my secondary email at i*********@gmail.com, I managed to login and noticed that the domain Link***.com has been sold 1-2 weeks ago.

But before I managed to transfer the auth code today, suddenly the domain has been sold through Godaddy Premium Listing today.

But since the domain has been sold through Godaddy Premium Listing, the domain has been immediately removed from my godaddy dashboard, thus I can't get the auth code ( to be sent to Afternic escrow).

I have contacted with Godaddy team and they have discussed with the management what to do with the transaction. The support said the domain transfer to the Godaddy Premium Listing can't be put on hold .

But they will try to cancel the Godaddy Premium Listing transaction tomorrow because the office hours has closed..

But at the moment, I can't send the auth code because it is pending finalization.

Any suggestion what I need to do?

Thanks.

Naz

One of the reason i check every day my emails & also login to all marketplace where i have account + when i sold a domain private or on a marketplace i deleted immediately from other
As @weblord say "we're at the mercy of Godaddy" & IMO i think is the same buyer . Will be lucky if GoDaddy will cancel because the buyer allready pay on Afternic
Good luck my friend & be more careful in futre

•••
Hi,

Godaddy and Afternic same company.

Did you told them name got sold to Afternic before it got sold on Godaddy??

I am just assuming. I never been in this situation before but its very strange.

Thanks

•••
Should always be listed with only 1 BIN and the rest Make Offer only. Then these problems won't exist.

•••
I wouldn't be so sure that it isn't the same buyer. Maybe they thought you were going to flake with the Afternic purchase because there was no word for so long. 2 weeks is longer than I would have expected Afternic to wait before penalizing you.

Unless the buyer was a total noob, if they searched around a little more, they could have found your GoDaddy listing and jumped on it for a $600 savings.

I list my domains in multiple places and the only times that they got simultaneously taken was anxious buyers who kept trying until they got the domain. In my case, the price was identical so it didn't make a difference to me. Well, not quite true, I lost money because they bailed on the Escrow.com transaction to go with Afternic in one case, Sedo in the other, so I lost the commission.

I think that if I was a buyer, and familiar with domains, but not all the marketplaces and options, I'd feel more secure going through GoDaddy or Afternic rather than a BIN from someone they don't know.

This is also why you should have had the Afternic listing as fast transfer. With fast transfer, at least it's gone right away and not waiting on you while the buyer gets antsy. Plus, with fast transfer if it was bought at Afternic, then it would have been removed from GoDaddy immediately also, so no chance for a duplicate.

•••
I doubt it is the same buyer. I highly suspect it is the Afternic staff that bought it because he/she wants to take advantage of the situation, since Godaddy Premium Listing was listed at $299 only, while Afternic was sold at $899.

Can you imagine, the domain was sold 1-2 weeks ago at Afternic (i didn't get any notification through my primary email for weeks due to email problem). But then the Afternic team just sent me a warning email today (to my secondary email) saying "If you dont transfer the auth code by end of today, the transaction will be canceled". He sent the warning to my secondary email just several hours before the day end today.

Then suddenly the Godaddy Premium Listing sold today, after the day end today.

I suspect, the Afternic staff bought at Godaddy Premium Listing at $299 and then will approach the buyer (that paid $899 at afternic) after he/she canceled the Afternic transaction.

Very sneaky.

Quite disappointed because they didn't send any notification to my secondary email for 2 weeks, but just sent it to my secondary email for the final warning just several hours before the day end (to cancel the Afternic transaction).
I don't know why you'd assume that some Afternic worker basically stole it. Who do you think is monitoring every transaction? The people most likely to recognize that it was for sale at both places are the front line customer service, and while not trying to generalize too much, I think that it would be a stretch for them to buy the domain on the hope that they could still sell it to the same buyer for the higher amount.

If someone has had an Afternic/Godaddy employee offer them a domain in a situation like this, I'd like to hear about it. The chances of them getting caught through an investigation is too high.

Side note: I wish that in general that we'd be a lot more careful with the accusations. In this case, it is nobody's fault but your own.

And being disappointed that they didn't email your second account sooner is asking a bit much also. It's on you to make sure you have a working email address. I'd consider myself lucky that they eventually tried the secondary email instead of thinking that they should have done it sooner.

Reverse the situation. How many times would you do business with someone who has a non-working email as their primary address?

•••
well for now for me, we're at the mercy of Godaddy, if you can follow up with a message to them. we can't go against any one of them actually but right now as i see it, Godaddy holds the aces.

well, unfortunately, from the looks of it both of them looks they are first at the domain. so let's wait and see for Godaddy's decision.

and yeah quite frankly, godaddy also was involved in making decision with one of my domain name, and their decision cost me about U.S.$250.00 so yeah frankly i respect them as tough decision maker in the domain industry. But if it looks like they made their decisions in iron-clad claw, nothing we can do about it as hinted by their customer support.

let's wait for the best. in the meantime what's the timetable of godaddy? did they advise you how long will they come to a conclusion?

Yeah, I am at the mercy of Godaddy. The cust support said would have to wait for tomorrow morning since the office hours has ended.

•••
yeah it's a first, tomorrow's good, they're getting better i should say, then if no reply tomorrow, just make a respectful follow up.

tomorrow, that's a familiar reply from them, it ended up 1 week on my case, well that's for me, we're different. it will be different for you, they're getting better and since they are 1 company from the looks of it they might be playing a joke on you.

update us tomorrow, whatever comes of it.

Last edited:
•••
I wouldn't be so sure that it isn't the same buyer. Maybe they thought you were going to flake with the Afternic purchase because there was no word for so long. 2 weeks is longer than I would have expected Afternic to wait before penalizing you.

Unless the buyer was a total noob, if they searched around a little more, they could have found your GoDaddy listing and jumped on it for a $600 savings.

I list my domains in multiple places and the only times that they got simultaneously taken was anxious buyers who kept trying until they got the domain. In my case, the price was identical so it didn't make a difference to me. Well, not quite true, I lost money because they bailed on the Escrow.com transaction to go with Afternic in one case, Sedo in the other, so I lost the commission.

I think that if I was a buyer, and familiar with domains, but not all the marketplaces and options, I'd feel more secure going through GoDaddy or Afternic rather than a BIN from someone they don't know.

This is also why you should have had the Afternic listing as fast transfer. With fast transfer, at least it's gone right away and not waiting on you while the buyer gets antsy. Plus, with fast transfer if it was bought at Afternic, then it would have been removed from GoDaddy immediately also, so no chance for a duplicate.

I just assumed it was 1-2 weeks ago because it is not stated in my Afternic dashboard, the date of the sale. I wonder why they don't display the sale date.

If they are different buyers, I think they should cancel the Godaddy Premium Listing sale because the buyer of the Afternic has made payment already.

•••
Afternic and Godaddy are under one umbrella. So in-house solution is more likely. Don't panic. Just explain to both of them the situation. In the worst scenario (hope this does not happen), both platforms may charge you sales commission on the domain.

•••
yeah it's a first, tomorrow's good, they're getting better i should say, then if no reply tomorrow, just make a respectful follow up.

tomorrow, that's a familiar reply from them, it ended up 1 week on my case, well that's for me, we're different. it will be different for you, they're getting better and since they are 1 company from the looks of it they might be playing a joke on you.

update us tomorrow, whatever comes of it.

What do you mean playing a joke?

Yeah, hopefully the report has been made.

•••
a very expensive joke that will cost you, but let's hope for the best as I've said.

•••
Afternic and Godaddy are under one umbrella. So in-house solution is more likely. Don't panic. Just explain to both of them the situation.

Yes has explained to them. Hopefully they will understand. :)

•••
•••
•••
if I would be in that situation
and if I would be a rich millionaire..

I would just relax and not be bothered for the $899 USD too much
as they take away a big chunk for commission anyway
-maybe even twice???-
it's not worth your time

just wait what happens next

and take the domain off from sedo / undevelopped / efty / and whoknowswhere

•••
This shouldn't be your problem at all as someone mentioned before you are dealing with the same company i.e. Afternic belongs to GoDaddy. This seems like more of a bug in their system then anything to do with you.

•••
This is why you post buy it now price on one listing and make offer everywhere else. I hope the clusterfucks that are afternic and godaddy are married soon so the confusion can be put to rest. (y)

•••
share the name which sold

•••
hello Rich_Millionaire, im all excited to what had happened? please update us. thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back