IT.COM

question Do you list your domains at both GoDaddy & Afternic?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
When you add a domain to Afternic it shows up with BIN in Godaddy search.

Is it worth it to also submit the domain to Godaddy premium listing? The domain will show up in Godaddy auctions wity extra exposure.. but is it worth the trouble (adding txt records) or do you think Afternic is enough?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The more platforms the better.....

I had offers on GD auctions for some domains (including a xxxx one) that did not get any price requests/offers on Afternic

Currently don't have all my domains on GD auctions, but I really should spend some time doing it...

Edit

one thing though, it is time consuming picking the categories or at least I found it a long process and I don't have a huge amount of domains compared to some people...

Last edited:
•••
The more platforms the better.....

I had offers on GD auctions for some domains (including a xxxx one) that did not get any price requests/offers on Afternic

Currently don't have all my domains on GD auctions, but I really should spend some time doing it...

Edit

one thing though, it is time consuming picking the categories or at least I found it a long process and I don't have a huge amount of domains compared to some people...

I am hesitant in doing it because it is time consuming to add txt records to all my domains. If it was something easy I would do it for sure.

•••
I am hesitant in doing it because it is time consuming to add txt records to all my domains. If it was something easy I would do it for sure.
Any domains with Godaddy obviously don't require that so try it with those (if any) to start...

Also do any of the other of the registrars offer bulk txt record updating?

I think Dynadot does, but I could be wrong on this.....if so, let me know.

•••
Any domains with Godaddy obviously don't require that so try it with those (if any) to start...

Also do any of the other of the registrars offer bulk txt record updating?

I think Dynadot does, but I could be wrong on this.....if so, let me know.

Yes Dynadot offer bulk records update. Also Epik.

Luckly most of my domains are at Godaddy, Epik & Dynadot.. so the records update will be easier.

I think it is worth doing an experiment of adding all your domains to GD and see what happens. Anyone experimented with it?

Last edited:
•••
Interesting, will give it a go with some of my Dynadot names now and see how easy it is.

Looks like most of my Godaddy domains are on there, not that have that many with them now......

The last two times I tried adding domains I got timed out by Godaddy while adding categories which as I mentioned is time consuming. I have all mine listed at make offer so if you where to add BIN's it will take even more time up.

Might be worth doing it in small batches to be on the safe side and to see how long it takes you on the first batch.....

•••
Yes i add on both places because last year i bought domain from godaddy closeout and listed on GD and AN after 7 days some one hit bin on GD auction.

•••
It seems that your Afternic listed domains are already listed at Godaddy auctions! I searched in GD auctions for my domains and I can find them listed with BIN + Make Offer, the min offer is set by default to 65% of BIN.

They also give the following url to the domain:
auctions.godaddy.com/trpItemListing.aspx?miid=########

However the domains do not show in expireddomains.net website, but I don't think that is important.

If you want BIN only to be shown for our domains then I think you will need to list them at Godaddy directly.

What do you think?

Last edited:
•••
Update: Thought I would share the details for people who have not gone through the process before....

Listed my Dynadot domains on GD Auctions yesterday at around 1pm UK time got auto responses saying "Congratulations, you successfully submitted......."

very soon afterwards got multiple emails for each domain listed

"You have recently requested for the following domains to be listed for sale at GoDaddy Auctions:

In order to authorize the auction for these domains, please update the DNS record for each domain with the provided TXT record. To find the TXT record:

1. Log in to your account.
2. Click on your settings tab
3. Once in settings navigate to the Domain Ownership Verification section to view your personal TXT record

This TXT record is yours alone and will work for all domains you wish to have listed at GoDaddy Auctions.

To update your DNS please contact the Registrar where you currently have your domain(s) registered. Once you have added the record to each domain(s) DNS please reply to this email and we will re-attempt verification. "

Headed over to Dynadot bulk updated my txt records (very easy process)

Replied back to one of the emails saying I had updated all txt records from yesterday and got an email back a couple of hours later saying they where on GD Auctions - checked and they are live

Very simple process, pretty quick apart from the listing category part :unsure:

Only reason it took so long is because I did not update the txt records straight away as I had things to do...though 24 hours is not a huge amount of time....

•••
Update: Thought I would share the details for people who have not gone through the process before....

Listed my Dynadot domains on GD Auctions yesterday at around 1pm UK time got auto responses saying "Congratulations, you successfully submitted......."

very soon afterwards got multiple emails for each domain listed

"You have recently requested for the following domains to be listed for sale at GoDaddy Auctions:

In order to authorize the auction for these domains, please update the DNS record for each domain with the provided TXT record. To find the TXT record:

1. Log in to your account.
2. Click on your settings tab
3. Once in settings navigate to the Domain Ownership Verification section to view your personal TXT record

This TXT record is yours alone and will work for all domains you wish to have listed at GoDaddy Auctions.

To update your DNS please contact the Registrar where you currently have your domain(s) registered. Once you have added the record to each domain(s) DNS please reply to this email and we will re-attempt verification. "

Headed over to Dynadot bulk updated my txt records (very easy process)

Replied back to one of the emails saying I had updated all txt records from yesterday and got an email back a couple of hours later saying they where on GD Auctions - checked and they are live

Very simple process, pretty quick apart from the listing category part :unsure:

Only reason it took so long is because I did not update the txt records straight away as I had things to do...though 24 hours is not a huge amount of time....

Oh that is awful long process imagine doing this to hundreds of domains. I remember that when adding domains to GD I just set TXT record and forget about it the domain will be auto approved in 1-2 days.

But as I mentioned just few minutes ago it seems no need to list your Aftenic domains at GD because they already listed:
It seems that your Afternic listed domains are already listed at Godaddy auctions! I searched in GD auctions for my domains and I can find them listed with BIN + Make Offer, the min offer is set by default to 65% of BIN.

They also give the following url to the domain:
auctions.godaddy.com/trpItemListing.aspx?miid=########

However the domains do not show in expireddomains.net website, but I don't think that is important.

If you want BIN only to be shown for our domains then I think you will need to list them at Godaddy directly.

What do you think?

GD is a very confusing platform !

Last edited:
•••
Oh that is awful long process imagine doing this to hundreds of domains.

But as I mentioned just few minutes ago it seems no need to list your Aftenic domains at GD because they already listed:

GD is a very confusing platform !
Was that just for Godaddy Domains though? My Afternic domains are not automatically listed with GD Auctions.....

The process is not that bad you don't have to reply back to hundreds of emails just one and they can see how many domains you listed automatically and cross check them with the txt records, with Dynadot's bulk txt record update it is very quick doing that part, as I have said a few times now it is the category listing part that is time consuming - I was gnashing my teeth while doing it, but maybe I need to learn a little patience?

Your right GD is confusing!!!

•••
Afternic BIN domains are instantly distributed to GoDaddy auctions, but with illogical and irrational additional opportunity to also make an offer (~70% or so of the BIN value). Even if all 4 pricing fields are set to the same BIN on afternic! Domains duplicated with Premium Listings are also listed with GoDaddy auctions, but without makeoffer option, which is correct. Premium Listings take precedence, so the only reason to duplicate afternic domains as premium listings is to avoid this unwanted feature ("make offer" on auctions). Imo.

Edited: Since premium listings are applicable to GD-regged domains only, the above also applies only to such domains. Listing non-gd-regged domain on auctions makes no sense if it already has afternic listing.

Last edited:
•••
Was that just for Godaddy Domains though? My Afternic domains are not automatically listed with GD Auctions.....

The process is not that bad you don't have to reply back to hundreds of emails just one and they can see how many domains you listed automatically and cross check them with the txt records, with Dynadot's bulk txt record update it is very quick doing that part, as I have said a few times now it is the category listing part that is time consuming - I was gnashing my teeth while doing it, but maybe I need to learn a little patience?

Your right GD is confusing!!!

All my domains from other registrars are listed not just GD domains.

You don't need to reply back just set TXT and forget it (that's they way I used to do it in the past).

Last edited:
•••
OK - that makes sense

I no longer use BIN on Afternic, just make offer same on Sedo. My Bin's are on DAN now so that is why they are not showing on GD Auctions

Thanks for that......

•••
currently using afternic only. But, if I need to submit a domain to Godaddy Auction I use the 7-day auction option.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back