Dynadot

discuss Sold my first Domain through Afternic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just sold my first domain through Afternic. It was a two word domain I got from a drop in 2004 and had kept it since. I had it listed as a GoDaddy premium domain for US$41,000. This is the chronology of the sale:
  1. Got an initial offer for $15,000 by email (which I missed) back in March 2020. When I saw the email, I did answer with a counter of $30,000 about two weeks after the offer was made, but did not hear back from them.
  2. Then again a couple of weeks ago (August 2020) I got another offer for $10,000. I do not know if it was from the same party or a different party. This time I placed a filter in my email to highlight emails from Afternic and answered the next day with a floor price of $20,000. The Afternic agents emailed me back to confirm that this was indeed my floor, and I answered yes.
  3. The transfer was smooth, I had to unluck my domain and provide (through their Afternic website) the transfer code, and wait a couple of more days. I also did at the same time setup my information for tax and bank purposes on their (afternic) website.
  4. Then about five days after, I got an email confirming that the negotiations ended in a sales price of $21,000. with a net of about $18,000... I searched around and just like when you feel a bit sick and do a google search, I only came up with threads where people had issues with transfers or payments and were asking questions. This was a bit scary and I told myself to write this feedback, whichever way things went.
  5. Today, I received the payment, it is still "processing" in my bank account, and I am guessing will clear on Monday.
It's been the most smooth sale of this size I've done, and Afternic most certainly deserves the kudos and commission.

I remember I listed several domains directly with Afternic (probably including this one), but my guess is that this lead came through Godaddy Premium listings, since they are now affiliated. Great service.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Congrats ! Wish you more sales like this, keep going.

•••
•••
Congratulations on the sale. (y)

Last edited:
•••
Congrats and thanks for sharing! (y)

•••
If you could share the domain would be great

•••
Congrats man!!

It's crazy you were doing drops since 2004. wow

•••
Congratulations on the very nice sale!

•••
•••
Congrats, wish you more sales!

•••
Cangratulations on the sale and thanks for the details! Of course we want to know the name...hopefully you can mask it and share it with us at some point.

•••
Congratulations on a fantastic sale. Sounds like you handled your end well and Afternic made it smooth. Very happy for you.
Bob

•••
happy for you, don't worry they always pay. I've sold many through them... biggest regret, only came to know of them and the godaddy network after sales dropped due to hidden whois info :(

•••
congratulations!

General tip to people, if you have names listed at afternic make sure to check your spam folder. Even though their main emails go to my inbox, when its from a rep there it goes to spam sometimes.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Congrats @interestedenough but all your info doesn't help much unless the domain is shared.

•••
Congrats! appreciate if you can share the name.

•••
Congratulations! You have done a good job, it's much better if you can share the domain name.

•••
Congratulations! Would you mind sharing how much your ROI was for holding the domain for 16 years? Great sale!

•••
Congratulations, wish you more sales...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back