Dynadot

Unethical business is flaming through the world...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Well this is a bit of a rant and a warning as it's happened several times int he past week or so...I'm tired of people changing the terms of a transaction after it was agreed upon.

About 2 days ago emadiba and I were discussing the sale of his website, he said he needed a quick sale, I made him an offer, he made a counter offer which I accepted pending some additions be made to the website. We agreed on the price and the sale of the website and he said he would get in touch w/ me later in the week when all the additions were finalized.

Today he got in touch w/ me once again via NamePros chat, we discussed all the changes, I approved the additions and the work which was done. I told him payment would be ready same night...this is where the trouble started. Emadiba, who I have done business with before, added on an extra 30% to our final price which we agreed upon.

Now I have no problem w/ people negotiating at the begining of a deal for a price, but in this case we were at the last steps, payment and transfer - I don't understand why people continue to go against their word and try to squeeze more money out of others when things were already agreed upon.

In short, although I have in the past, I will not do business with Emadiba again and I warn others of what he has done so beware. Once something is agreed upon don't change your mind when everything is about to go through, not only is it a waste of time for the party you are involved with but it is also unethical and rude.

Nick

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ok Guys, heres the story from my side.

After negotiations with Nick I went onto chat and asked the guys for an appraisal on the site. I paid NP$100 to

Daddypi and sunked of which they said as the site was then, i could expect to receive between $190 and a high of $250

At this stage, this was not including the updates which I still had to do. I completed the site today, told Nick that I was going to have to raise the price to $260 and told him that I would understand that if he did not want to continue with the sale.

At this stage, the next thing I notice is this message on Name Pros. And well, am a bit surprised on how serious Nick is about this. I have been nice to him all the time and still will be. I have nothing against anyone on NamePros and would like to resolve this issue a.s.a.p

Although I am looking for a quick sale, I know for a fact that if I were to wait and list the site on Ebay or Sedo then I would easily get double the price.

Now if I did wrong by doing this then I am sorry, but I feel that the work I put into the site was worth the asking price.

Sorry if this has cause problems, and Im sure that people that I have dealt with in the past on Name Pros will agree with me when I say that if anything ever went wrong I have not had an issue with sending money back or anything like that.

Thanks for the understanding in this issue. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via PM

:)

•••
emadiba said:
...I completed the site today, told Nick that I was going to have to raise the price to $260...

emadiba, assuming the following is true....

*You had already 'agreed' to terms (a lower price) with Nick.

*Those terms included the modifications to the site/content.

Then it's not right to raise the agreed upon price, and worse at the last minute. Having a couple people appraise the site as being worth more (than the amount you agreed to sell for) might disappoint or discourage you, but that's a pill you have to swallow. We've all sold something that we know was worth more than we got in return. That's just the way it goes in business, and your reputation and character is worth far more than the difference in price on this transaction. The bottom line: If a deal was made, and the other party has done nothing wrong, then the deal should be honored.

This is just my friendly personal opinion, and I don't have all the facts. :)

Last edited:
•••
However, both, NickRac, and emadiba -- Two who I respect at Namepros, and I find them really nice guys.

I want to say that I'm sorry to see such thing happen between you, while I understand that Nickrac had to post it and I ask the staff that they kindly move it to another section as I believe that neither Nick or emadiba is a scammer / or doing bad business terms.

While, I'm a bit on Nick side since emadiba wanted to increase the price at final stage --payment-- and I ask you both, kindly, to forget this and continue as friendly as we all are with each other. And emadiba, I would really appreciate it if you contacted Nickrac and solved this issue, and make the deal going on the price you both agreed on.

However, If you're unable to do so, I can't blame Nick too, but I hope that Nick can get over it and deal with you again in the future.

:tu:

•••
well if the sales price has already been agreed upon...its sealed deal...just like a handshake.......even if the next sec somebody offer another $200 more

•••
Yep, you agreed on the price and the terms therefore you stick to the agreement :) that's business.. If you knew you were going to get a better sale at eBay and Sedo, why didn't you sell it there in the first place? :D You chose to sell it at NamePros regardless to the fact that you can sell it for more at eBay and Sedo and you made an agreement on a price with NickRac, you should stick to your agreements :imho:

•••
i will say it real simple:

deal is deal.

•••
exactly, theres no changing anything, etc. :imho: a deals a deal.

•••
Ive PM'ed Nick telling him that if he were still interested then i would give him the site for $200

Hes not got back to me so im assuming that he's not interested anymore..

Ive done my part on all sides now so I guess thats that

•••
I'll have to go with the majority on this one, too. Set a price and stick to it. Just imagine yourself in his shoes. You'd probably be upset. Changing an agreed upon price at the last minute will just upset customers and make them never want to do business with you again. And it doesn't matter if you're nice or not nice about it.

On the other hand, I think the title of this thread is a bit heavy-handed... but I do understand the frustration from that side.

Overall, it's too bad it happened. :td:

•••
It's good to see that your willing to sell it to him again at the original price. Hope you guys get this sorted :tu:

•••
A deal's a deal, and this attempt to squeeze the sale at the last minute was a mistake. Since you needed quick cash, and Nick's no longer interested, then you ended up hurting yourself in the end.

As for the appraisals, you'll find that they are just estimates, meaning they could be too high or too low.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back