Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Undeveloped is now DAN.COM

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Just visited Undeveloped.com and now it is showing that "Undeveloped is now DAN.COM"


Undeveloped_Is_Now_DAN.png


I am excited to see what are the improvisations from their platform now.

Please share your opinions.
 
19
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Dan isn't showing any updates on monthly/daily views..... feel in the dark.

That is actually what I was worried about, as little things like this (but that are important to domainers) tend to get lost in the shuffle of a rebrand.

Any idea when stats will be working again?

Anyway their stats don't show much info apart from monthly views, so if you really want to get proper stats I would suggest to add your Google Analytics code to DAN.

Hope this helps a bit...
 
1
•••
I noticed the site loads faster for me now. But the stats not updating should be looked into. Though Google analytics is still updating stats
 
1
•••
makes me wonder if the offers/counter offers are going through too.... looks like they took the weekend off.
 
0
•••
Do I need to change all my domains' name servers to ns.dan.com?
no, it does not appear that that is a requirement.
 
1
•••
no, it does not appear that that is a requirement.
Your right. From your dashboard, the name servers shown are still same undeveloped.
 
0
•••
The name is fantastic and the project is admirable. I fear the average Joe will be overwhelmed by the technical information. KISS. With that said I haven't looked at the new process for buying domains.

They need to be very careful that it's a smooth and frictionless transaction that doesn't overload users with irrelevant information and too many options. They just want to buy a domain.

Quite contrary - it will be easier for average Joe. No need for technical complications anymore. It is very very promising, and I hope it will be a next big thing for the whole domaining industry.

I think that they ARE very careful to always look from the angle of average Joe.
 
0
•••
IMO the name "undeveloped" was like mentioning a "con" instead of a "pro" from a sales perspective. If a domain isn't developed, why advertise it as "undeveloped". Being developed is a "pro" and that would be worth mentioning but otherwise it's more a negative than a positive. Not to mention, how many times I've dealt with buyers that found the name "undeveloped" confusing. Like if you tell a buyer, "I'll start the transaction with undeveloped escrow"; you can easily feel it.

That being said, their team and platform has always been amazing imo. The new rebranding to Dan will push this platform to new heights imo.

Exactly as you've said it all. For example, I'm not an English native speaker, and "undeveloped" is really sometimes confusing to me. From time to time I have to invest some effort to clarify to myself what does it mean and why it is not developed yet... :)
 
Last edited:
1
•••
Yep, what they offer and results is what counts. But the dn is an important piece of the puzzle. And I'm not seeing the connection with the new name, other than it being an acronym. I don't know, maybe Dan will grow on me. I just think, sometimes shorter is not always better. Dan takes away from the descriptive DN suited to what they offer, and relegates to a boring LLL. Albeit "undeveloped" has a negative connotation, the site and services completely turned it into something positive.

Your DN should have a great, visible connection to your brand and message.

**

As a side, looks like Dan is selling DomainAutomationNetwork.com :xf.confused:

I believe the 'Dan.com message & connection' could be this one:

"Hi buddy, I'm Dan, your bot, and I will be your assistant for this domain transfer! Just relax and follow my instructions!"
 
2
•••
I believe the 'Dan.com message & connection' could be this one:

"Hi buddy, I'm Dan, your bot, and I will be your assistant for this domain transfer! Just relax and follow my instructions!"
I can see that, for sure. :)
 
1
•••
People will definitely get used to the name with time.
 
0
•••
By clicking on the icon at lower right corner of screen it goes to support chat, which may or may not be live depending on time of day and how busy support is however DAN will ask for your email address and later reply if not live.

If anyone can do that and get information or support on buying it can be a real valuable and unique free benefit.

I cannot test it for third party use because of using cookies and thus knows it is me, even though I am logged-out so I am not positive but think it works for everyone regardless of having a DAN.COM account.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Dan the MAN!!!
 
3
•••
I wonder if the folks at https://dandomain.dk/ have picked up some traffic from people searching DAN and domain :xf.grin:

One possible downside of a common name, DAN, is that it may take awhile for them to get near the top of Google. Clearly that is important for eyes on marketplace. Right now if I search for DAN (from Canada) they don't come up on page 1 of Google yet, and if I search for Domain Automation Network I get lots of articles about them on page 1, but not actually their site.

Bob
 
2
•••
I wonder if the folks at https://dandomain.dk/ have picked up some traffic from people searching DAN and domain :xf.grin:

One possible downside of a common name, DAN, is that it may take awhile for them to get near the top of Google. Clearly that is important for eyes on marketplace. Right now if I search for DAN (from Canada) they don't come up on page 1 of Google yet, and if I search for Domain Automation Network I get lots of articles about them on page 1, but not actually their site.

Bob

I also noticed that for a domainnamewire article and others that rank far ahead of dan when searching for 'DAN'

Even though DAN is a 190k domain I do not believe that can really help it get out of the Google 'sanbox" if it is in fact in the sandbox. Based on how poorly it appears to do in search it very well may be in a sandbox, which I understand can last for many weeks, months or even longer to fully escape from it. I am not sure how that could effect sales or ranking of landing pages but likely a negative I am guessing.

P.S. A good point Bob. And Dan being a common persons first name may not be much of a factor since it is also a 3 letter acronym.
 
Last edited:
1
•••
I believe we domainers will help achieve that very fast. With thousands of domains with good traffic pointing to their site.
 
1
•••
Easy to rebrand with all the backlinks but the generic name is far better. Not a better domain but better for the business.
 
0
•••
DAN.COM needs improved coding, i.e. a long domain name display on cell phone is oddly split in the middle of a word on to a second line. On Desktop a long name may have the name ending which is white display on a white background area of page making it hard to read.
 
2
•••
Thanks @Reza for the reply. I'm definitely going to link to Dan for installments having read your interview on onlinedomain.

We have HD also running installments so it must be a good thing.

I'm just wondering can domainers tokenize their portfolios using DAN? Would that work?

Right now only massive domainers could tokenize and thinking out loud, I'm thinking it would it be impossible to get the individual domainers to collectively tokenize but we'll see.

BTC hitting the roof!

[ps tokenise.com and tokenize.com taken :d]
 
Last edited:
0
•••
-
 
Last edited:
0
•••
I like DAN.com because they have the 24/7 live chat for your potential buyers to inquire on the spot. Also, the sales pages look coolest, and they offer installment options.
 
1
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back