IT.COM

Undeveloped is now DAN.COM

NameSilo
Watch
Just visited Undeveloped.com and now it is showing that "Undeveloped is now DAN.COM"

Undeveloped_Is_Now_DAN.png

I am excited to see what are the improvisations from their platform now.

Please share your opinions.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I think for the North American and Euro markets, this is a bad decision, as Undeveloped was like a killer movie title and told you everything you needed to know in a single word. It was hip, it was now, and it was growing.

Now with DAN, what does that tell you - oh yeah, Domain Automation Network... groan. Sounds like Dilbert named it.

•••
•••
If "Dan.com" is going to be the final name, it seems weak. Dan is a mans name here in the States, it doesnt convey anything. Not sure what it even means in regards to the platform.

So meh so far on the name.

•••
What's funny is that Domain Automation Network tells you about zip in terms of what the site's mandate is (I'd guess they're Web Developers - "automate domains", right?) as compared to Undeveloped.

Domain Acquisition Network would make more sense as an acronym for DAN.

Or how about Domain Asset Network?

Again, DAN + Domain Automation Network seems like they don't even have a Marketing Department, or that the DBAs killed them all off.

P.S. I thought the "Domain Automation Network" was supposed to be something else - a blockchain method of transferring domains... now it looks like they're trying to combine Undeveloped's domain market with the totally separate DAN technical solution... who knows what's going on.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I am going to respectfully disagree with much of what's already been said. DAN is a great name, a phenomenal acronym and a mind blowing domain.

•••
•••
On a totally different angle, does the move to DAN mean that the Undeveloped business model of offering domains for sale will come to an end?

Seems like it should, as DAN was supposed to be an industry-wide method (using blockchain) of automating the entire domain transfer and payment process that occurred after a domain purchase. I thought Undeveloped would remain the front-end (as would other domain sales venues who joined) and DAN would be the back-end.

Now it looks like it's all been tossed into a single pot.

•••
I am going to respectfully disagree with much of what's already been said. DAN is a great name, a phenomenal acronym and a mind blowing domain.

Checks calendar to see if its April 1st.

•••
Undeveloped is better for the purpose.

•••
Seems like a bad move if the business is staying the same.

•••
Undeveloped is better for the purpose.

Undeveloped tells you everything you need to know about the business in a single word. From a Western marketing standpoint, it's genius.

Imagine Cameron thinking "Wait a minute, why use Terminator when I can call it "Cyborg Who Goes Back In Time to Kill People" - yeah, that's the ticket.

I know Undeveloped professed to want to "expand their international market" but exactly how does "Domain Automation Network" do that?

Last edited:
•••
If "Dan.com" is going to be the final name, it seems weak. Dan is a mans name here in the States, it doesnt convey anything. Not sure what it even means in regards to the platform.

So meh so far on the name.
It's a very common name here in Israel as well.

•••
Do I need to change all my domains' name servers to ns.dan.com?

•••
Seems like a bad move if the business is staying the same.

That's exactly what I'm thinking, that the "domain sales" business is on the way out.

Either that, or they spent a lot of money on DAN.com (while the Domain Automation Network idea fizzled with potential partners) and someone wanted to get some ROI on the 3-letter investment.

Last edited:
•••
I would not use them as my landing page at all. If a potential buyer lands onto one of my domains they will get distracted by the Header DAN.com. They will click the DAN.com header out of curiosity to find out what it is. Boom they get distracted by millions of other domains. (Also if you scroll down their footer, it is full of links to their services and social media links) These landing pages are acting like traffic providers to their main site. Sorry I don't want to send my type-in traffic to anyone else.
For now I'll stick with uniregistry landers, there are no clickable links anywhere in the landing page other than the submit offer. Even their uniregistry header is not clickable. It gives the trust without loosing the lead.

Last edited:
•••
@Reza sure you are busy but you should check in here to answer a couple of the questions posted here. Thank you

•••
•••
•••
I think Undeveloped.com is down...? 502 Bad Gateway

Same for all of my domains that are "parked" with them.

•••
•••
i wonder how much they paid the seller for dan.com? more than likely a nda.

•••
•••
Back