Domain Empire

Undeveloped is now DAN.COM

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just visited Undeveloped.com and now it is showing that "Undeveloped is now DAN.COM"

Undeveloped_Is_Now_DAN.png

I am excited to see what are the improvisations from their platform now.

Please share your opinions.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Does anyone know the URL for linking to a DAN.COM landing page, without using their nameservers? Possibly it cannot be done. Did Undeveloped.com offer that capability and if so what did that URL look like? Thank you.

P.S. It looks like DAN.COM landing pages are https compliant and secure which is a very good benefit and something other places should also be doing. I am very impressed with DAN.COM and believe it could eventually be a far bigger player and possibly even dominating the niche.
I do, by using custom name server records (so i'll able to publish the domain in multiple places)
I'm using DAN as landing page for direct traffic.
But also i'm list the domains with Afternic,Godaddy,Sedo (CNAME,TXT records for verification..)

You can point your domain by A record to 52.58.78.16
or do redirect to https://dan.com/buy-domain/yourdomain.com

Last edited:
•••
At the moment, from a domainer viewpoint, transfers always get done with a human managing the process.

Now, apparently this bot "DAN" will do it.

This aspect of DAN seems really to be aimed at companies that process large amounts of domain sales namely Godaddy, Escrow and Sedo. They all are competitors of DAN. But maybe DAN wants to be friends with these companies?

I think there is always going to be the need for human intervention at some point.

Very interesting.

But what's fascinating is the stuff about leasing part of a portfolio and having a portfolio on some sort of a blockchain.

Now undeveloped.com -- the backend is there time for the front!! Sorry I mean DAN.

•••
I see the brand "Undeveloped" as promoting the untapped potential of these available domains, like they are just waiting to be developed - similar to seeing a billionaire's party advertised with "Unmarried Models".

I don't see that as a negative.

IMO that would be more suited towards web designers and developers rather than end users (biggest sales).

Last edited:
•••
I do, by using custom name server records (so i'll able to publish the domain in multiple places) I'm using DAN as landing page for direct traffic. But also i'm list the domains with Afternic,Godaddy,Sedo (CNAME,TXT records for verification..) You can point your domain by A record to 52.58.78.16 or do redirect to https://dan.com/buy-domain/yourdomain.com

Thanks for all your great help :)

Last edited:
•••
I'm not seeing any stats like views count showing within Dan?

anyone else?

•••
Efty is now bob.com how random back to back days. I guess Cyger put that tulip.com money to good use, Dan, and Bob are great domains. Congrats to both platforms.

•••
At the moment, from a domainer viewpoint, transfers always get done with a human managing the process.

Now, apparently this bot "DAN" will do it.

This aspect of DAN seems really to be aimed at companies that process large amounts of domain sales namely Godaddy, Escrow and Sedo. They all are competitors of DAN. But maybe DAN wants to be friends with these companies?

I think there is always going to be the need for human intervention at some point.

Very interesting.

But what's fascinating is the stuff about leasing part of a portfolio and having a portfolio on some sort of a blockchain.

Now undeveloped.com -- the backend is there time for the front!! Sorry I mean DAN.

Hi Domainer111,

We've actually built DAN is such a way that Sedo, Godaddy & Escrow.com could use our API to use DAN to handle their transactions as well. It is our mission to allow the core technology we've built to spread across the entire industry to ensure DAN has a massive impact on the industry. Read more about how we've designed the DAN network in partnership with the oldest tech company in the world IBM here: https://www.ibm.com/case-studies/dan-com

The DAN bot already processed quite some transactions fully automated, without the intervention of a single human. The very first transaction it processed was the sale of franchising.co. The buyer literally received the domain which was registered at Namesilo within 15 minutes after he purchased the domain.

The DAN bot isn't working 100% smoothly yet, sometimes due to WHOIS connectivity, it can't gather all the information it needs for example to create tailored instructions for the buyer and seller. We're working diligently to iron out these minor issues here and there and in a week or three, I expect DAN to perform its tasks flawlessly.

Kind regards,

Reza

•••
Hi Domainer111,

We've actually built DAN is such a way that Sedo, Godaddy & Escrow.com could use our API to use DAN to handle their transactions as well. It is our mission to allow the core technology we've built to spread across the entire industry to ensure DAN has a massive impact on the industry. Read more about how we've designed the DAN network in partnership with the oldest tech company in the world IBM here: https://www.ibm.com/case-studies/dan-com

Reza

I figured that would be one of the main things you're trying to achieve. DAN could very well become a game changer if not already.

By the way, love the new ad on NP. Clever worded ;)

•••
I want to see a strapline under Dan.com on the site saying DOMAINS AVAILABLE NOW.

•••
Efty is now bob.com how random back to back days. I guess Cyger put that tulip.com money to good use, Dan, and Bob are great domains. Congrats to both platforms.

I thought that was a joke on the DAN rebrand, like everyone is picking male names.

•••
Just visited Undeveloped.com and now it is showing that "Undeveloped is now DAN.COM"

Show attachment 121639

Loving the new look!!!

Show attachment 121639

Personally I am loving this new look!

•••
We're in 2019 and they have still not managed to make vital parts on their landers responsive..

QGqDjsB.jpg

Text breaks up at only 12-13 characters. Should be fixed.

•••
Dan isn't showing any updates on monthly/daily views..... feel in the dark.

•••
•••

That is actually what I was worried about, as little things like this (but that are important to domainers) tend to get lost in the shuffle of a rebrand.

•••
I would've thought with the re-brand that I'd stop getting emails from Simon and only from DAN instead. It isn't confusing to me but I can imagine it could be to others, thoughts?

•••
I would've thought with the re-brand that I'd stop getting emails from Simon and only from DAN instead. It isn't confusing to me but I can imagine it could be to others, thoughts?
Good point! I listed a name and got the obligatory "Simon" email......thought it was a case of split personality disorder...

But do end users get the same email format? If so, then that might need to change as it would be somewhat confusing....Then if you change it for them may as well make it uniform and sellers get the "Dan" notifications as well

•••
FYI, was told by support they will definitely be a registrar soon. DAN.COM is giving surprisingly good support when you consider how very busy they must be.

I'm very impressed with DAN, both the domain which is more professional than Undeveloped with its bit of a negative connotation due to the 'UN' and anticipate/predict DAN in all likelihood will dominate the niche soon what with all the innovation, support, excellent for sale landing pages and lots of most welcome capabilities.

Last edited:
•••
@Reza Today i am facing this problem. I can't delete or add new domains to Dan. Can you fix this issue?

Edit: The issue is fixed now.

Last edited:
•••
Any idea when stats will be working again?

•••

That is actually what I was worried about, as little things like this (but that are important to domainers) tend to get lost in the shuffle of a rebrand.

Any idea when stats will be working again?

Anyway their stats don't show much info apart from monthly views, so if you really want to get proper stats I would suggest to add your Google Analytics code to DAN.

Hope this helps a bit...

•••
I noticed the site loads faster for me now. But the stats not updating should be looked into. Though Google analytics is still updating stats

•••
makes me wonder if the offers/counter offers are going through too.... looks like they took the weekend off.

•••
Do I need to change all my domains' name servers to ns.dan.com?
no, it does not appear that that is a requirement.

•••
no, it does not appear that that is a requirement.
Your right. From your dashboard, the name servers shown are still same undeveloped.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back