NameSilo

Undeveloped is now DAN.COM

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Just visited Undeveloped.com and now it is showing that "Undeveloped is now DAN.COM"


Undeveloped_Is_Now_DAN.png


I am excited to see what are the improvisations from their platform now.

Please share your opinions.
 
19
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
If "Dan.com" is going to be the final name, it seems weak. Dan is a mans name here in the States, it doesnt convey anything. Not sure what it even means in regards to the platform.

So meh so far on the name.

Lol in what world is DAN.com a weak name? Undeveloped was already a great name and DAN is even better. Just 14% of the world's population speak English and only around 5% speak it as their first language.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_total_number_of_speakers

DAN is significantly easier for 95%+ of the world's population to pronounce, remember and spell. It also gives the brand the chance to expand beyond just domains.

With that said, I am going to make my own landers or move back to Efty. The DAN.com branding on the landers is overzealous @Reza . Good for Dan, bad for Andrew.
 
1
•••
DAN is a great name....3L .com is the sort of prestige they need.

I for one got sick of typing Undeveloped into my browser. Their logo is sick,too.

Good on them. Their landers are great.

Spammy landers like Sedo is not the way to go, however they may need to pull in ad revenue to stay viable and expand services.
 
Last edited:
1
•••
And I guess no one wants to type in domainautomationnetwork.com , so Dan is selling it.
 
2
•••
:( is al I'm going to say atm.
 
1
•••
If they get rid of the green disk it will be dandy.
 
1
•••
I wiped away my tears and am left with some serious questions and I'm not even gonna go into the choice for the logo design, domainname, rebranding etc.

1.) What's the EOL of the undeveloped.com domain?
2.) Anyone using them was notified by email? I noticed a lander change and had to find out more through their blog and NP (although I knew a change was coming).
3.) Will your api continue being functional?
4.) Will your messages still be from Simon or has be been replaced by Dan as well? ;)
 
3
•••
I got notified by email.
 
1
•••
Undeveloped 》》 Done.com ☺
 
0
•••
For me Dan.Com is much better it's short and brandable .
 
Last edited:
0
•••
should use the DAM ,meaning digital Asset management
 
0
•••
I don't use Undeveloped.com much, but IMHO, DAN.com is a really great replacement URL. It is much more memorable. We can get used to it very quickly. We won't remember Undeveloped in fairly short length of time. Congrats on a super upgrade to a 3L.

But maybe they should be more concerned about some of the website functioning, being mentioned here.
 
4
•••
shutterstock_691698019-e1513702444275-1440x799.jpg


So when do you guys think undeveloped.com will hit the auction block?

Who would take a guess at what the name would fetch?
 
1
•••
@MapleDots - I think they will still use it to redirect to DAN.com. I would :)
 
4
•••
@MapleDots - I think they will still use it to redirect to DAN.com. I would :)

And we would all expect that, but eventually the domain will be redundant and the time will come to sell it.

Then the question will be.... how much?
 
0
•••
At least for me it seems that everything is up and running smoothly and fast now (both when logged into my account and in search/landers).

The visual changes on landers are slight, but some additional information provided and rearranging for sellers. I like that they now show how many domains they have in inventory along with dollar volume of sales made on the platform in total (hopefully they will update those). Beyond the name change the most important change is how transactions are handled automatically (and faster).

Re the name, I admit I got used to and liked Undeveloped, but I recall from when I first started using it something about a name that starts with un seemed a little negative to me. I think that ultimately DAN is a better name, both in terms of memorability and perhaps be perceived as a more welcoming name by potential buyers.

While obviously a few hiccups during transition today, within hours they seem to have achieved a smooth migration. Congrats to @nick3 for the first sale handled by DAN, all in a very fast transaction transfer. Anyone not reading the main Undeveloped thread be sure to follow it as many more informative posts from today. Here is the link to the description of how the first sale was automatically processed. They have apparently done 5 sales with the new automated system, although it is not yet working with at least one registrar (GD) so those are handled the old way with a person until it is resolved.

Bob
 
9
•••
And we would all expect that, but eventually the domain will be redundant and the time will come to sell it.

Then the question will be.... how much?

OK. But the future is difficult to predict. Even if the innovation for domain sellers is pretty stagnant. I'd say 1-2 years before they would sell. Pricing is even crazier to predict. If I was in the market to buy this domain today as an end-user, I probably would shy away at somewhere below $10k. Of course it depends on how deep the pockets of the end user, and how much they want it.
 
0
•••
I insist that the future of the domain name industry can only be branded.SEO Will be replaced, In the end, it’s just a facade
 
0
•••
Are their nameservers working now?
 
0
•••
Dan is not a bad name. It's just different..

It's about reputation and branding...if they keep up excellence then dan would not be an issue.
In time, it will grow on people... Dan is a refreshing change imo. I never got much success with undeveloped, but dan, and the added updates...makes it a bit attractive to try again.
 
5
•••
Are their nameservers working now?

My landers are still on undeveloped servers and they direct to Dan.com landing pages just fine so I think for the most part it works, however, it will probably take time for their change to propagate across the internet.
 
3
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

More data. Your data. See what is new
Major update
We have made a number of features available to provide sellers more data for their domains and inquiries, and greater access to the data...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back