Dynadot

Undeveloped.com Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used undeveloped.com to sell domains? They claim to be able to increase a domainers sales by 54%.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I figured out the issue with the bulk delete. When you give it your list of names to delete, you have to make sure they are in all lowercase.

•••
Undeveloped servers are down for my domains since few days?! is it just me ? can someone else please check ?

•••
working fine for me, but their DNS is WAY TOOOO SLOWWW ! Site's take like 5 seconds just to load the landing page.. totally unacceptable. I'm planning on moving my complete portfolio to another landing solution, Undeveloped has been feeling like that girl at the club, that looks nice from a distance but when you see her in daylight, you regret every moment of being with her.

•••
working fine for me, but their DNS is WAY TOOOO SLOWWW ! Site's take like 5 seconds just to load the landing page.. totally unacceptable. I'm planning on moving my complete portfolio to another landing solution, Undeveloped has been feeling like that girl at the club, that looks nice from a distance but when you see her in daylight, you regret every moment of being with her.

It only takes a second or so for my landing pages to load. Maybe it has to do with your ISP?

Apart from that, funny comparison with going to the club :joyful:

•••
It worked fine yesterday but now it's down again! I am moving! (n):xf.frown:

•••
i sold a domain through undeveloped, it was a very smooth and itch free transactions all through.
big ups to Undeveloped(y)

•••
i sold a domain through undeveloped, it was a very smooth and itch free transactions all through.
big ups to Undeveloped(y)
Hi Aje, does Undeveloped allow you handle leads and follow -up yourself, or is it hidden??

•••
•••
Yeeesh! My domains pointing at Undeveloped won't resolve today, period - which means potential lost sales for any domain on their landers.

Seems like their DNS may be getting his by denial of service attacks, or they are just having DNS server issues in general.

@Undeveloped - Please address ASAP.

Last edited:
•••
Hi Aje, does Undeveloped allow you handle leads and follow -up yourself, or is it hidden??
That question wasn't address to me but I will answer it anyway. :xf.grin:

You are in control of your own make offer communication. You are only taken out of the loop for the domain transfer.

You get the details of the buyer/person making the offer.

One reason I do like undeveloped... Being able to work through the negotiation process myself. Had a good conversation recently with a buyer while we worked out a price we were both happy with.

•••
sure , the interface allow you and your leads to communicate

•••
Alright thanks guys. I just needed to clarify that, cos its 2017 and there's no way I'm paying market place a cut if they won't let me have my leads.

•••
Hi All,

Here's a general note sent out to all Undeveloped sellers today:

After a routine DNS servers upgrade, two of our new servers started to show some issues. We have identified the problem and have almost fixed the issue.

However, one or more of your domains might be affected by this issue if you're using the following nameservers:

ns1.undeveloped.com
& ns2.undeveloped.com

Even though we expect the issue to be solved by tomorrow you can fix the problem already on your end by changing your nameservers to:

ns1.undeveloped.nl
& ns2.undeveloped.nl

Please note that it may take up to 24 hours until DNS changes propagate and that not all domains are affected.

As part of making sure your for sales pages load fast we do these server upgrades. A minor mistake caused the current issue. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Reza

•••
Quick note all. The issue has been fixed. All for sales pages are back online!

Thank you for your patience!

Kind regards,

Reza

•••
I completed a sale recently via Undeveloped. Very smooth and painless transaction. Special shoutout to Simon (or was it Herman?) from Undeveloped who patiently waited and helped me through sort out payout issues (it was at my end as I wasn't keen on using Paypal). Received the funds on Saturday.

Adds more confidence to me to switch more domains to Undeveloped

•••
•••
Undeveloped certainly needs to refine your search function again.
One cannot even search for 4 L domains (will be forced to select 4-5 L)
and cannot remove dashes and numbers, so they 'll get a bunch of meaningless domains like a5eq.com etc

This is what I highlighted to Reza few moments ago. The search functionality is really pathetic and unworthy of being called SEARCH.

Hi Asfas,

Good point. We've already got that improvements of the search in the roadmap. One small note though. Our existing search is designed for end-users that already know what they're looking for. Most of the time they use one or two queries that we now bring together with a real search engine backend (sfinx) and return good matches for.

The feature function you're referring to is more helpful to resellers who are in the market for liquide domains. For them we'll use our curated pages better in the future by making pre-selected lists for you. For example a curated page with our best 200 llll.com's. You as a seller can also make your own lists in the near future. The good lists we'll then promote across our network.

But again point taken. There's indeed room for improvements there.

Reza, you shouldn't really dictate terms about who buys the domain, an enduser or a reseller/domainer. Domainers keep the market alive and I see no problem as long as a sale is being made between a seller and a buyer. Like I just mentioned to you in DM also, it seems you haven't worked on the search functionality AT ALL and need MUCH IMPROVEMENT there. The curated list is a personal idea and your curated list can differ from mine. Instead you can allow every account to mark their top 2/5/10 domains and allow a search filter to list only these top domains. I have myself looked to buy domains from Undeveloped but I couldn't find any search functionality to discover anything. You could take an inspiration from search functionality of ExpiredDomains.net and I had be happy if you could only implement 10% of it at the outset. With that much, yours can be a wonderful company.

Last edited:
•••
I don't agree. When 99% of all our sales are to end-users and the focus of Undeveloped is to connect your domains to end-users we need to prioritize our product development to items that actually improve the main KPI's we've set as a team.

If we lose focus and start servicing too many target groups we can't make progress. The reseller market is real and big but is also very saturated. You have a plethora of companies like Namejet servicing that market already.

So I don't dictate who buys a domain or not but I do have a focus and a value proposition for our users that prefer selling to end-users well.

I hope that clarifies our position.

Kind regards,
Reza

This is what I highlighted to Reza few moments ago. The search functionality is really pathetic and unworthy of being called SEARCH.

Reza, you shouldn't really dictate terms about who buys the domain, an enduser or a reseller/domainer. Domainers keep the market alive and I see no problem as long as a sale is being made between a seller and a buyer. Like I just mentioned to you in DM also, it seems you haven't worked on the search functionality AT ALL and need MUCH IMPROVEMENT there. The curated list is a personal idea and your curated list can differ from mine. Instead you can allow every account to mark their top 2/5/10 domains and allow a search filter to list only these top domains. I have myself looked to buy domains from Undeveloped but I couldn't find any search functionality to discover anything. You could take an inspiration from search functionality of ExpiredDomains.net and I had be happy if you could only implement 10% of it at the outset. With that much, yours can be a wonderful company.

•••
I don't agree. When 99% of all our sales are to end-users and the focus of Undeveloped is to connect your domains to end-users we need to prioritize our product development to items that actually improve the main KPI's we've set as a team.

If we lose focus and start servicing too many target groups we can't make progress. The reseller market is real and big but is also very saturated. You have a plethora of companies like Namejet servicing that market already.

So I don't dictate who buys a domain or not but I do have a focus and a value proposition for our users that prefer selling to end-users well.

I hope that clarifies our position.

Kind regards,
Reza

Well, that's just a suggestion. Endusers and Resellers are not as simple as black and white, they overlap as well and many domainers are endusers.

Now say if I have to buy a good name and, without a good search functionality, I will have to spend 2 hours 'hunting' a domain at Undeveloped. With a good search functionality, my work may be done in 15 minutes. Now because there is no search functionality at all, I don't really care visiting Undeveloped. So, you are loosing a customer there. If a seller has his domain set for sale at $5000, what difference does it make to you who buys it as long as someone is ready to pay the price? How does your endusers vs resellers theory help you there in your biz?

Namejet and Flippa are AUCTION PLATFORMS, it would be unjust to compare yourself with them. When you mention doing biz with only ENDUSERS, I would like to understand what you do about it? Does your team find and call potential endusers or simply rely on incoming search traffic for a sale to be made?

Last edited:
•••
Well, I have the data. My view on the domain world has significantly changed ever since I co-founded Undeveloped as well. Back in the days I had to rely on whatever information I had for my specific portfolio. Being on this side of the table now gives you different insights that we use to improve the platform.

I can guarantee you that we hardly sell domains to resellers, there are a couple of reasons for that and one of them is that we strongly focus on end-users only. With our auction platform, we started to facilitate resellers acquiring domains from each other as well but that's just a very tiny part of our main business and focus.

Again, I believe our search can improve (and it even has since the last time this item was brought up. One of our engineers actually just pointed that to me). I'm definitely not saying it's working perfect. However since we don't focus on driving mass traffic to our homepage the search functionality there doesn't require 6 months of full time attention to get to a more advanced state. Like I mentioned in the private message between us, for example adding a filter for domain age will in most cases yield worse conversion instead of to improving it. Just to name one simple example, newly registered domains or simply expired and drop catched domains will become less prominent if we go in that route.

We base literally all business decisions like where to focus more or less on both customer development with our core target group (we interviewed hundreds of end-users by now) and data that we have. Improving search by adding filters, simply still hasn't made it in the group of high-impact improvements that will result directly into more sales.

You currently use Uniregistry for example. If I search for the same query you mentioned "Apps" I don't see them returning better results than us. We use exact match, which is the industry standard. If there's no exact match available we proceed and look for a similar as possible domain and rank them for you.

Namejet was just an example I mentioned. We've identified all end-users acquisition channels and make sure that you're converting every single end-user that's in the market for your name. We don't rely on search traffic on our homepage for sales. There's a long answer that explains why but the most important one is that the typical end-users is in the market for a domain for a very limited time as they hit the branding and naming part of the business creation process. Driving traffic on scale to our homepage would require a multi-million marketing campaign to become on top of mind so when an end-user is in the market for a domain they visit our marketplace first. And that's not a route we ever want to go into as it's extremely inefficient.

We focus on optimizing our organic channels of buyer acquisition and distribution.

Kind regards,

Reza

Well, that's just a suggestion. Endusers and Resellers are not as simple as black and white, they overlap as well and many domainers are endusers.

Now say if I have to buy a good name and, without a good search functionality, I will have to spend 2 hours 'hunting' a domain at Undeveloped. With a good search functionality, my work may be done in 15 minutes. Now because there is no search functionality at all, I don't really care visiting Undeveloped. So, you are loosing a customer there. If a seller has his domain set for sale at $5000, what difference does it make to you who buys it as long as someone is ready to pay the price? How does your endusers vs resellers theory help you there in your biz?

Namejet and Flippa are AUCTION PLATFORMS, it would be unjust to compare yourself with them. When you mention doing biz with only ENDUSERS, I would like to understand what you do about it? Does your team find and call potential endusers or simply rely on incoming search traffic for a sale to be made?

Last edited:
•••
That's a lengthy answer but you haven't still addressed the main questions. Could you please be more specific? I chose some parts of your answer here.

I can guarantee you that we hardly sell domains to resellers, there are a couple of reasons for that and one of them is that we strongly focus on end-users only.

How can you guarantee that? I mean you are asking me to list with you. Say I list a domain with you for $5000. How do I care who buys the domain as long as they pay the price? But with you and your platform insisting on not allowing resellers for my domain to be found, by not improving the search functionality, I would be losing many potential buyers there. How does that help me and my domain? What you state about ENDUSERS may be helpful where there is some negotiations involved (MAKE OFFER domains) but it's clearly counterproductive for BIN listings.

Like I mentioned in the private message between us, for example adding a filter for domain age will in most cases yield worse conversion instead of to improving it. Just to name one simple example, newly registered domains or simply expired and drop catched domains will become less prominent if we go in that route.

How many valuable domains like that you see being dropped? 0.05%? Why you wouldn't let the user decide what he wants to find rather than forcing your own opinion on him and making it difficult for him to search a domain? It's just a filter that one may or may not use and it might be a BIN listing one is looking for.

You currently use Uniregistry for example. If I search for the same query you mentioned "Apps" I don't see them returning better results than us. We use exact match, which is the industry standard. If there's no exact match available we proceed and look for a similar as possible domain and rank them for you.

That's correct but Uniregistry is a registrar as well and Frank Schilling is associated with it. He has a face value in the domain world. Their traffic ranking is much above yours. Not to say that I am their fan though.

Namejet was just an example I mentioned. We've identified all end-users acquisition channels and make sure that you're converting every single end-user that's in the market for your name. We don't rely on search traffic on our homepage for sales.
We focus on optimizing our organic channels of buyer acquisition and distribution.

So, there is NO BROKERAGE TEAM with you that emails and calls the potential customers? You just feed the names in channels like EPIK and some other domain network to get sales?

Last edited:
•••
I'd rather not have a long Q&A here but here you go:

Q: How can you guarantee that? I mean you are asking me to list with you. Say I list a domain with you for $5000. How do I care who buys the domain as long as they pay the price? But with you and your platform insisting on not allowing resellers for my domain to be found, by not improving the search functionality, I would be losing many potential buyers there. How does that help me and my domain? What you state about ENDUSERS may be helpful where there is some negotiations involved (MAKE OFFER domains) but it's clearly counterproductive for BIN listings.

A: We continuously track all buyers and what they eventually do with the domains to further enhance our buyer persona. That's how I know they're end-users.

If you claim you'd lose sales to resellers because our search isn't optimally working according to your standards (again our search is effective enough), on what do you base that? How many domains do you currently sell at Uniregistry via their search?

Q: How many valuable domains like that you see being dropped? 0.05%? Why you wouldn't let the user decide what he wants to find rather than forcing your own opinion on him and making it difficult for him to search a domain? It's just a filter that one may or may not use and it might be a BIN listing one is looking for.

A: It was an example plus I don't force my opinion but rather base my opinion of full knowledge and data that I have. If you can bring new information to the table, please do share as we're always looking for ways to improve our platform. Also check out my earlier post again, it includes information about how we see constructive product development works. If we'd build every single feature request you'd end up with an extremely poor product and marketplace that doesn't benefit anyone.

Q: That's correct but Uniregistry is a registrar as well and Frank Schilling is associated with it. He has a face value in the domain world. Their traffic ranking is much above yours. Not to say that I am their fan though.

A: So because Frank Schilling has face value for you, you won't have the same standards for Uni's search performance as ours? Honestly, I can't observe their search being better than ours. They use direct match, just like we do.

Q: So, there is NO BROKERAGE TEAM with you that emails and calls the potential customers? You just feed the names in channels like EPIK and some other domain network to get sales?

A: Yes, registrars are one of the channels of distribution we have. Our sales team assists buyers and sellers whenever they request assistance. Our sellers can confirm that. Having a brokerage team that performs outbound lead generation doesn't scale and likely never will. I personally started as a domain broker and know that side of the market pretty well. Undeveloped is a tech company, we'd rather focus on channels that actually scale.

In the end our main focus is getting our sellers more sales and a better platform to sell at. So far we're delivering on that promise so I'm happy about that.

If you look at this entire thread from years ago until now you'll see that we're continuously improving our service and that we have quite some sellers that are happy that they switched to us. That keep us going ;)

•••
A: We continuously track all buyers and what they eventually do with the domains to further enhance our buyer persona. That's how I know they're end-users. If you claim you'd lose sales to resellers because our search isn't optimally working according to your standards (again our search is effective enough), on what do you base that?

Because you claimed above that you guarantee that only endusers buy your domains.
As a seller
, I am going to lose out on potential buyers. I have highlighted this already.
"Say I list a domain with you for $5000. How do I care who buys the domain as long as they pay the price? But with you and your platform insisting on not allowing resellers for my domain to be found, by not improving the search functionality, I would be losing many potential buyers there."
As a buyer, with your barebones search, I am unable to find BIN listings that I might pay for and this is a loss to your clients who own the domains that may otherwise be sold.

If we'd build every single feature request you'd end up with an extremely poor product and marketplace that doesn't benefit anyone.

It's not every single feature request that is being asked here. Just a suggestion or two on search that may help people find good BIN listings with your platform. You can not in any way stop people from buying the BIN listing so what's the whole point? To know in how many numerous ways the search functionality can be provided, please visit ExpiredDomains.net and see for yourself.

Q: That's correct but Uniregistry is a registrar as well and Frank Schilling is associated with it. He has a face value in the domain world. Their traffic ranking is much above yours. Not to say that I am their fan though.

A: So because Frank Schilling has face value for you, you won't have the same standards for Uni's search performance as ours? Honestly, I can't observe their search being better than ours. They use direct match, just like we do.

I am not implying that Uniregistry Search is BETTER than yours. I have already noted that I am not a Uniregistry fan. I responded to you because you asked me to use your platform. They are a registrar as well so there is no comparison with them for you at the moment. Also I have already said that their TRAFFIC ranking is much ahead of yours.

That said, I rest my case. It's really up to you what to do with your product/website.

Last edited:
•••
Because you claimed above that you guarantee that only endusers buy your domains.
As a seller
, I am going to lose out on potential buyers. I have highlighted this already.
"Say I list a domain with you for $5000. How do I care who buys the domain as long as they pay the price? But with you and your platform insisting on not allowing resellers for my domain to be found, by not improving the search functionality, I would be losing many potential buyers there."
As a buyer, with your barebones search, I am unable to find BIN listings that I might pay for and this is a loss to your clients who own the domains that may otherwise be sold.

It's not every single feature request that is being asked here. Just a suggestion or two on search that may help people find good BIN listings with your platform. You can not in any way stop people from buying the BIN listing so what's the whole point? To know in how many numerous ways the search functionality can be provided, please visit ExpiredDomains.net and see for yourself.

I am not implying that Uniregistry Search is BETTER than yours. I have already noted that I am not a Uniregistry fan. I responded to you because you asked me to use your platform. They are a registrar as well so there is no comparison with them for you at the moment. Also I have already said that their TRAFFIC ranking is much ahead of yours.

That said, I rest my case. It's really up to you what to do with your product/website.

We still disagree on some points but that's fair. Thanks anyway for your feedback. It's always good to know how potential customers perceive Undeveloped. Progress is an iterative process so in the end this helps.

•••
We still disagree on some points but that's fair. Thanks anyway for your feedback. It's always good to know how potential customers perceive Undeveloped. Progress is an iterative process so in the end this helps.

I added 345 com domains at Undeveloped about a week back but all without parking and, by your own metrics, I can't see even a single visit on any of the domains which sort of validates what I have stated here earlier.

So, I don't think I would park all my domains at Undeveloped anytime soon unless until I see some progress on the search front. Nonetheless, I can try out your platform on an experimental basis with a high traffic domain parked there. This is now done.

One good positive of Undeveloped over Uniregistry is that you are ready to accept Bitcoin/Ether and also issue payouts in Bitcoin/Ether. As discussed in DM, I advise that you formulate a policy for fixing the BTC/USD rate against a standard reference like NameSilo refers BlockChain.info for their incoming BTC as well as payouts. In fact this should be highlighted strongly once policy formulation is over.

Best wishes .

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back