Dynadot

Undeveloped.com Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used undeveloped.com to sell domains? They claim to be able to increase a domainers sales by 54%.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
To be fair, my whole point was that without parking with us that we wouldn't add that much-added value. Using our for sales pages is critical for having success with us.

There's a very high impact announcement coming soon from our end that I think you'd also appreciate. Keep a close eye on our newsletter ;).

Have a great weekend!

Reza

I added 345 com domains at Undeveloped about a week back but all without parking and, by your own metrics, I can't see even a single visit on any of the domains which sort of validates what I have stated here earlier.

So, I don't think I would park all my domains at Undeveloped anytime soon unless until I see some progress on the search front. Nonetheless, I can try out your platform on an experimental basis with a high traffic domain parked there. This is now done.

One good positive of Undeveloped over Uniregistry is that you are ready to accept Bitcoin/Ether and also issue payouts in Bitcoin/Ether. As discussed in DM, I advise that you formulate a policy for fixing the BTC/USD rate against a standard reference like NameSilo refers BlockChain.info for their incoming BTC as well as payouts. In fact this should be highlighted strongly once policy formulation is over.

Best wishes .

•••
I figured out the issue with the bulk delete. When you give it your list of names to delete, you have to make sure they are in all lowercase.

I just read this. This bug is fixed by now bye the way!

•••
Is this site any good if I am not willing to point my landing pages to them? If I simply upload my domains and list them?

•••
Is this site any good if I am not willing to point my landing pages to them? If I simply upload my domains and list them?

I don't think it would be worth the trouble.

•••

You can always list. Sellers that don't use our for sales pages do sell domains listed with us. However, the main added value we can provide is when you actually use our for sales pages.

•••
Hi All,

For anyone that's concerned about the collective action from browsers to penalize domains without a correct SSL we've launched a feature to tackle that.

When you're using our nameservers simply head to Settings -> For Sale Page ->
Host your for sales page on Undeveloped.com

By enabling this feature all traffic on your domains will be forwarded to SSL secure for sales pages hosted on Undeveloped.com

Kind regards,
Reza

•••
That's a nice SSL feature, but I don't have SSL on any of my websites and I have two forums that are in the top 100,000 for traffic as measured by Alexa and they are not SSL.

As a matter of fact, if you have multiple domains on the same server, and only one is SSL, then whenever someone puts https in front of ANY of the three domains you will end up at that one that has the SSL, it's a weird quirk of Apache and other servers. In other words, if you have multiple sites like I do on one server, you pretty much have to SSL all or none. I choose to SSL none.

•••
Hi Xynames,

I was referring to something else:

https://domainnamewire.com/2017/09/22/domain-inquiries-drop-next-month-blame-ssl/

I'd still highly advice you to just go ahead and install an SSL cert on the forums you operate as Google publicly announced using SSL as a ranking signal:

https://webmasters.googleblog.com/2014/08/https-as-ranking-signal.html

In our model we forward your traffic to your internal for sales page hosted on Undeveloped.com so there will be just one authority SSL cert on one domain.

Kind regards,
Reza

•••
I understand. That SSL / Google is old news though and whether it really makes that big a difference we can't really know for sure.

Google's announcement on this, from 2014:
"For now it's only a very lightweight signal — affecting fewer than 1% of global queries, and carrying less weight than other signals such as high-quality content— while we give webmasters time to switch to HTTPS. But over time, we may decide to strengthen it, because we’d like to encourage all website owners to switch from HTTP to HTTPS to keep everyone safe on the web."

We also can't know whether Google decided to go in the other direction, and weaken the signal. As far as I know, there have been no further announcements from Google on this since 2014.

But like I said, that undeveloped.com has implemented this feature, is nice.

Last edited:
•••
@xynames - This has more to do with the Chrome browser than the Google search engine...

In January the Chrome browser made this change:

jan-no-secure-form.jpg
jan-no-secure-form.jpg

Around the 24th of this month, the warning will start appearing on all pages in chrome without SSL that have a input field – not just forms with passwords or CC data.

This will most certainly divert some users from filling out a form, such as a price request form on a landing page. There is expected to be further push for "internet-wide SSL implementation".

Supposedly - "Google noted a 23% reduction in the fraction of navigations to HTTP pages with password or credit card forms on desktop."

Last edited:
•••
I use the Chrome browser / OSX pretty much exclusively and have noticed nothing like that, no difference, on form submissions from http pages. Let's see what happens after the 24th.

•••
•••
Is there a way not to display your Domain Shop (the one at e.g. https://undeveloped.com/domain-seller/xxxxx?order=relevance) if you don't want to disclose your entire portfolio to the world?

Hi,

In Settings -> Privacy -> Public profile you can opt to hide your profile. This feature will hide the link to your portfolio via our for sales pages but also the marketplace itself.

Please do note that the url will stay active but it will be hidden. If you select a unique username then it becomes pretty hard for anyone to guess the exact url and would allow you to enjoy better privacy.

Kind regards,
Reza

•••
If you have your name listed as "Make Offer" is the payment plan option still available for buyers?

•••
Would you please consider "make an offer" LINK at the bottom to be replace to a button link (I try to demonstrate in the picture), I think sometimes people do not pay attention if there is negotiable link at the bottom. By using the BUTTON LINK I think it will be more clear to potential buyers who wants to make an offer.
undevelopbox.jpg

Last edited:
•••
If you have your name listed as "Make Offer" is the payment plan option still available for buyers?

The payment plan option can only be activated when you have a buy now set. So when you only work with the make offer option you can't enable installments.

Having said that, if you in negotiations agree to sell the name in installments you can always notify us and we'll setup a payment plan for you and the buyer.

•••
Would you please consider "make an offer" LINK at the bottom to be replace to a button link (I try to demonstrate in the picture), I think sometimes people do not pay attention if there is negotiable link at the bottom. By using the BUTTON LINK I think it will be more clear to potential buyers who wants to make an offer.
Show attachment 70768

I get your point but I have to say that we did this by design. When we launched this version of our for sales page we tested having the current setup and three other versions including one version with a clearer button to place an offer.

The clearer we make the make offer option the less end-users opted for the buy-now option. That's why we chose this version as it simply is the most conversion friendly version (you can keep a steady flow of buy nows while also getting enough bids in from buyers that find your price too high).

By popular demand we might give you the option to choose your own layout for the offer box, however I can guarantee you that the best converting option is currently the default option. Getting more options doesn't inherently mean that you'd sell more names in this case so it's a bit of a tricky one.

I hope that explains why we designed the box this way.

With kind regards,
Reza

•••
Which pricing strategy tends to attract more offers across the board:

1) Sweet-spot BIN (€500-€4K) with "make offer" option
2) Sweet-spot BIN (€500-€4K) with "payment plan" option
3) "make offer" option only

•••
It would be useful to have more info on buyers than just a simple name/alias.... I just sold a crypto-related domain way too cheap; kicking myself now after learning who the buyer was.....

•••
Which pricing strategy tends to attract more offers across the board:

1) Sweet-spot BIN (€500-€4K) with "make offer" option
2) Sweet-spot BIN (€500-€4K) with "payment plan" option
3) "make offer" option only

The best option in general is BIN + Make offer + Payment plan. Since you then give all options possible to the buyer. However, for some sellers the option of having only a BIN + Payment plan works best. You'll get less leads but higher sales.

When specific buyers really can't or want to pay the BIN and also don't want a payment plan they'll reach out to our team and ask if they can place an offer instead. Based on the preferences of each seller our team will then react to these buyers.

So if you never give a higher discount than 10% and our team knows this, we'll simply inform the buyer that we could communicate an offer to the seller but only if they place an offer close to the BIN.

If you want reach out via support which a request to provide advice tailored for your portfolio.

Every single domain portfolio is unique and in my opinion requires a tailored selling and pricing strategy. We're more than happy to assist finding the sweet spot.

Kind regards,
Reza

•••
It would be useful to have more info on buyers than just a simple name/alias.... I just sold a crypto-related domain way too cheap; kicking myself now after learning who the buyer was.....

I'm sorry to hear that Federer...

•••

I'm a little bit surprised to see this coming from such an experienced investor as you. Certainly you should always only sell a domain at the price you are willing to no matter who the buyer is?

•••
@Undeveloped, this a continuation of my previous posts here ...

So, it's about 2 weeks since I hosted a high traffic domain with you just to check out the experience. I find that the reported traffic is about 50% of what was monitored by Flippa.

Now, I get a $10k bid here from some 'buyer', the same bid was received earlier at Flippa as well. But here on your platform, I see no link to obtain more information on the bidder/buyer or be able to browse through their profile. How does that help your sellers, by keeping them in dark about bidders? I mean both Sedo and Uniregistry provide some details (geographical location, IP, Name, Email etc.) about the potential buyer to help the seller make a decision and you could too. Now if this 'feature' of lack of information is deliberate too, I am having to come to the sorry decision that your platform is really of no good use to anyone and is best avoided altogether. My 2 cents.

fDfshOM.png

Last edited:
•••
Hi Go Webnames,

As far as I'm aware Sedo never provides any real information about the buyer and they don't even allow direct communication between buyers and sellers.

Uniregistry doesn't perform escrow themselves and outsources that so they can provide you with for example the email of the bidder.

Since we've started Undeveloped we've had zero failed escrow transactions and that's because we have a tight process that can't be gamed. The moment we start providing details of buyers to sellers and details of the sellers to buyers the two parties will communicate directly with each other and that puts all transactions at risk because we can't provide buyer and seller protection when that happens. We've seen even now situations when a buyer contacts a seller directly to finalize the transfer of a domain, which leaves your escrow agent in the dark if something goes wrong.

We also opted from day one for creating the most frictionless buying process for buyers to increase sales ratio's, as buyer can drop off at different stages of the buying process. Since we cater mostly end-users and most end-users are not repetitive buyers, we don't force buyers to create an account to make sure they engage with you because it's extremely easy to do so.

I'm not sure what your goal is as a domain investor but if your goal is to sell more domains you're at the right place at Undeveloped. Shoving aside all the benefits we bring to the table because you don't get the IP address or email address of the buyer, for which we have a good reason as stated above, doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I also just did a small test and looked at the 10 most recent leads at Undeveloped and see that with 9 out 10 leads the buyer either provides his full name (first name + last name) or company name. Only 1 out of 10 leads had just provided his first name.

Park 50% of your domains with us to get the leads machine running and see for yourself if this is going to be an issue or not. That's my advice not only for Undeveloped but also other service providers out there that you might be interested in but never tried fully.

When you benchmark the results after setting up a proper test you'll see which platform can deliver most value.

Have a great weekend,
Reza

@Undeveloped, this a continuation of my previous posts here ...

So, it's about 2 weeks since I hosted a high traffic domain with you just to check out the experience. I find that the reported traffic is about 50% of what was monitored by Flippa.

Now, I get a $10k bid here from some 'buyer', the same bid was received earlier at Flippa as well. But here on your platform, I see no link to obtain more information on the bidder/buyer or be able to browse through their profile. How does that help your sellers, by keeping them in dark about bidders? I mean both Sedo and Uniregistry provide some details (geographical location, IP, Name, Email etc.) about the potential buyer to help the seller make a decision and you could too. Now if this 'feature' of lack of information is deliberate too, I am having to come to the sorry decision that your platform is really of no good use to anyone and is best avoided altogether. My 2 cents.

fDfshOM.png

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back