Dynadot

Undeveloped.com Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used undeveloped.com to sell domains? They claim to be able to increase a domainers sales by 54%.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just sold my first name at Undeveloped.Incredibly smooth and quick experience. Very attentive responses from Undeveloped staff.

Waiting for payment, will post details at that time in the report completed sales thread.

•••
well.. as u know once they implement this feature, it will cover all sellers selling X domains for Y money.

so maybe it will even out for them.

but I get your point.. it could mean some work for them to escrow 20 names into push accounts etc.. for $200 total.

then again, it appears its possible to do just thta now... by entering the names for sale into description or msg box. at least they told me so. they didn't mention any minimum sale prices... @Undeveloped

@Undeveloped, how about "Add to cart" feature or you charging $5 (or so) per additional domain in bulk domain transfer in a single transaction?

For an example, If I have 3 domains (variations of same domain) to sell to end user for $150 each in a single transaction, I will need to send 3 links to end user to buy the domains, out of which he might buy only 1 or 2 as it would require him to submit 3 transactions.

How about seller paying $5 per additional domains (2 additional domains) in that transaction?

So $450-$10 ($5 * 2) = $440

OR

You can implement "Add to cart" feature, so buyer can add those 3 domains in a single transaction?

This mechanism can make things productive?

Last edited:
•••
hmmmm were u guys aware undev doesnt payout to paypal if over 1000$.... i just learned this today... its odd cause epik sedo gd etc.. they have much higher limits... if any at all..

so i guess no one here ever got more than 1k to paypal for their sale...?

•••
hmmmm were u guys aware undev doesnt payout to paypal if over 1000$.... i just learned this today... its odd cause epik sedo gd etc.. they have much higher limits... if any at all..

so i guess no one here ever got more than 1k to paypal for their sale...?
Payoneer works best for me!

•••
Payoneer works best for me!

well yes.. ty...i know there are 20 other options. and i listed sedo and few more already...i was just utterly suprised by this news as i didnt know about this til today... as much as i enjoy undev..this will definitely be deal breaker for me for deals over 1k... maybe now its bit clearer why many b4 were kinda wondering why so many undev reported sales seem <1k... i guess it could relate to many sellers opting for other venues with easy paypal payouts...

@Undeveloped is there something u can do to increase paypal payout limit? why is it the lowest among all yer competitors? im sure youd be creating more sales and clients for yerself with bigger limits.

Last edited:
•••
well yes.. ty...i know there are 20 other options. and i listed sedo and few more already...i was just utterly suprised by this news as i didnt know about this til today... as much as i enjoy undev..this will definitely be deal breaker for me for deals over 1k... maybe now its bit clearer why many b4 were kinda wondering why so many undev reported sales seem <1k... i guess it could relate to many sellers opting for other venues with easy paypal payouts...

@Undeveloped is there something u can do to increase paypal payout limit? why is it the lowest among all yer competitors? im sure youd be creating more sales and clients for yerself with bigger limits.

just as quick update to all so there is no misinfo spread around.. the undev rep who told me this morning its 1k limit for paypal.. then corrected himself and it is 2k limit..

so for those of you who do not want other payouts than paypal or canot have other payouts than paypal (for instance I deal with bank in canada which simply does not offer swift number or wire transfers... tangerine bank) ... so its something worth remembering.. this 2k limit...

they told me its to protect themselves against chargebacks etc that they do not payout more to paypal... but.. as I said.. all other companies seem to have no limit or much bigger limit for paypal.. sedo etc.. I guess this is where the types of verifications that undev does vs other companies comes into play... perhaps undev checks payments less... or has less efficient (but faster) system in place to check payments.. I think I read somewhere before that they are not a full escrow per se... unless im wrong.

I am not interested in btc payments.. but apparently they told me they also payout unlimited amounts into your btc... if that's an optoin for others..

hope this info helps you decide.. and maybe saves some people issues for bigger transactions... I for one am very glad I found out by chance about this 2k limit.. otherwise I'd have problems cashing out at undev!!!

Last edited:
•••
Wonder if you can just take $1k at a time via PayPal? Instead of lump sum.

•••
Wonder if you can just take $1k at a time via PayPal? Instead of lump sum.

i thought about it.. the answer is imo no... cause how you take it out to yer paypal or by what chunks... changes nothing to whether buyer would be able to file chargeback or not..

but I'm sure @Undeveloped can confirm. thanks!

•••
i thought about it.. the answer is imo no... cause how you take it out to yer paypal or by what chunks... changes nothing to whether buyer would be able to file chargeback or not..

but I'm sure @Undeveloped can confirm. thanks!

Yeah I mean if I sold a name for $5k for example I would like to take $1k a week in chunks max. I guess we'll wait for UD to respond since I didn't know this either.

I think Epik allows you to withdrawal any amount at any time to Paypal.

•••
Yeah I mean if I sold a name for $5k for example I would like to take $1k a week in chunks max. I guess we'll wait for UD to respond since I didn't know this either.

I think Epik allows you to withdrawal any amount at any time to Paypal.

yes epik does.. so does sedo or gd and some others basically pay you any amount to paypal (maybe gd has cap of 5k I think)...

yea I know what you meant by withdrawing smaller chunks.. what I said is that buyer decides to file chargeback with credit card.. it won't matter if you withdrew 1k at a time or all 5k... there will still be consequences to chargeback... not really to you.. cause undeveloped eats the losses they say... but they'll still have to return the 5k to buyer... it won't matter how you withdrew it to yer paypal.

so I guess this is where the importance of checking payment and buyer well comes in.. its not impossible thgat undeveloped does this faster (we all know how fast they pay and close deals)... and therefore maybe less accurately... than say gd or sedo..

or the other reason is simply that they are not prepared to take same risks as the bigger guys like sedo/gd... its entirely possible. everyone company takes the risks it can afford to take.. its that simple really.

Last edited:
•••
yes epik does.. so does sedo or gd and some others basically pay you any amount to paypal (maybe gd has cap of 5k I think)...

yea I know what you meant by withdrawing smaller chunks.. what I said is that buyer decides to file chargeback with credit card.. it won't matter if you withdrew 1k at a time or all 5k... there will still be consequences to chargeback... not really to you.. cause undeveloped eats the losses they say... but they'll still have to return the 5k to buyer... it won't matter how you withdrew it to yer paypal.

True but UD will take that risk regardless of how I'm paid I guess lol.

•••
True but UD will take that risk regardless of how I'm paid I guess lol.

lol
yeah good point.
now I'm bit confused lol

ok @Undeveloped
maybe you can clarify all this here officially...

for example.. how come you can pay out say 5k via bankwire to seller.. even when buyer pays via credit card... are you still then not at same risk of chargeback as if you paid it out to sellers paypal?? I mena if you say you always eat the losses in case of chargebacks, then how does it matter how you payout sellers... confusing :)

also, can you clarify all situations where seller would be able to get paid more than 2k to his paypal? example.. if buyer pays 5k sale using his bank accnt (wire) .. or by BTC... do you then payout more than 2k to seller paypal?? any other payment methods from buyer that can allow for > 2k paypal payout to seller? thanks!

•••
I do still like undeveloped but the support replying is now taking much longer now ie more than 3hrs to respond to a message etc i use to get replies with in a hour now its more like next day maybe time for more staff

Last edited:
•••
i received some further clarification by email from support.. about paypal payments etc.
thought I'd save Reza some time and mention some of it here..so he does not have to answer my questions twice:

it turns out the entire issue is extremely complex and has very little to do with chargebacks etc.. at least not credit card payment chargebacks which they say are fair and reasonable process... and its more about paypal chargebacks (when buyer pays with paypal)... which means that on undev any buyer can only pay up to 1k using paypal...

but above all things, paypal payout limitations have to do with the extra charges which add up fast for them.. when they deposit funds from europe etc.. (like I said, pretty complex)... such as 2% conversion rates from eur to usd.. etc etc.. cause they gotta preload paypal accnt before payouts etc..

they say in future when they open US based branches etc... the limits should be raised.. for now, to preserve profit margins etc... its not possible to payout more than 2k to paypal.

its all of course understandable. me I just wanted to know how to prepare myself for sales above 2k... and while they are willing to work with you with some extra methods... skrill, netteller credit card loading or what not.. those are not optimal for me personnally... nor optimal for them too Im sure... so until they raise their payout limit for paypal.. I may need to look elsewhere with > 2k sales when they happen... cause due to the deposit conversion fees I mentioned above, mass payments, etc.. they won't pay you more than 2k to paypal even if buyer pays with chargeback bulletproof method such as Bitcoin.

all in all I am glad I by pure chance started to investigate their paypal payout limits.. cause I am used to sedo and godaddy.. afternic.. which either have no limits or much bigger ones.. but I do understand where undev is coming from. we all need our profit margins.

hope this helps!

Last edited:
•••
So if you make a sale above 2k can you be paid straight into a bank account ?

•••

yes from what I understood the payout limits only apply to paypal payouts. but if you want ot confirm, you can email them.

•••
I do still like undeveloped but the support replying is now taking much longer now ie more than 3hrs to respond to a message etc i use to get replies with in a hour now its more like next day maybe time for more staff
You gotta be kidding, right?
So you complain that support replies to you in about 3 hours? You should try Afternic FFS...

Of course you can. The limitations are only for PayPal.

•••
You gotta be kidding, right?
So you complain that support replies to you in about 3 hours? You should try Afternic FFS...

Of course you can. The limitations are only for PayPal.

Afternic are always quick for me and they do sell far more domains

•••
Afternic are always quick for me and they do sell far more domains
Well, won't argue with you but I never ever received a reply from AF in 3 hours or less... it usually takes more than 24 hours. Guess you're one of the lucky ones :)

•••
Just sold my first name at Undeveloped.Incredibly smooth and quick experience. Very attentive responses from Undeveloped staff.

Waiting for payment, will post details at that time in the report completed sales thread.
Congrats man! did the sale go through?

•••
i received some further clarification by email from support.. about paypal payments etc.
thought I'd save Reza some time and mention some of it here..so he does not have to answer my questions twice:

it turns out the entire issue is extremely complex and has very little to do with chargebacks etc.. at least not credit card payment chargebacks which they say are fair and reasonable process... and its more about paypal chargebacks (when buyer pays with paypal)... which means that on undev any buyer can only pay up to 1k using paypal...

but above all things, paypal payout limitations have to do with the extra charges which add up fast for them.. when they deposit funds from europe etc.. (like I said, pretty complex)... such as 2% conversion rates from eur to usd.. etc etc.. cause they gotta preload paypal accnt before payouts etc..

they say in future when they open US based branches etc... the limits should be raised.. for now, to preserve profit margins etc... its not possible to payout more than 2k to paypal.

its all of course understandable. me I just wanted to know how to prepare myself for sales above 2k... and while they are willing to work with you with some extra methods... skrill, netteller credit card loading or what not.. those are not optimal for me personnally... nor optimal for them too Im sure... so until they raise their payout limit for paypal.. I may need to look elsewhere with > 2k sales when they happen... cause due to the deposit conversion fees I mentioned above, mass payments, etc.. they won't pay you more than 2k to paypal even if buyer pays with chargeback bulletproof method such as Bitcoin.

all in all I am glad I by pure chance started to investigate their paypal payout limits.. cause I am used to sedo and godaddy.. afternic.. which either have no limits or much bigger ones.. but I do understand where undev is coming from. we all need our profit margins.

hope this helps!
You have confirmed that a payout of $2K is maximum if Paypal is used.
I have confirmed that a buyer can pay maximum $1K via Paypal.

Last edited:
•••
•••
An other sale on undeveloped and I love the support there. First time the buyer laught at us and the transactiion got canceled and this time a women from the same city negociated on this domain. Payment took time but undev kept contacting the buyer to make sure he paid and it was bank delay. After the payment, the buyer name changed for the same that got canceled...

•••
"Domain not found" error when trying to import lead on .life domain for escrow (5%).
So I have sent to the buyer the traditional direct link (9%).

And why "Phone" field is mandatory???
Most leads don't provide me their numbers.

Last edited:
•••
How exactly this Import works for the reached agreements?
Domain must be added into user's account and only then (as 2nd step) Import is possible?
With Sedo escrow it is not required to add the domain into account prior the escrow request.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back