IT.COM

Undeveloped.com Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used undeveloped.com to sell domains? They claim to be able to increase a domainers sales by 54%.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes. I have tested this times without number. That is, visiting one of my pages and the count remain 0 with 100% bounce rate. So weeding them out completely won't be adequate
According to a reply from Undeveloped here, GA stats do not count logged-in users - not sure if that is just the account owner or any logged-in Undeveloped user.

Google Analytics on Undeveloped could use a separate thread - the same queries keep coming up and the answers get lost.

•••
Maybe I am doing something wrong? The hostname dimension on my analytics reports shows "undeveloped.com" for all visits. Only way I can see the domain visited is to look at the landingPathPage dimension

Do I have my analytics set up incorrectly maybe?

Try
>Behaviour >Overview >Page Title, where you see a list of titles - each page title contains the domain name so you can see which domains got views.
From https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/page-54#post-6940904

Undeveloped have GA set up to send a Page Title variable - you can see that in the source of your page. The slight confusion that can create is the language of the page title varies, but always contains the exact domain name.

To see what social media channel people came from this works:

>Acquisition >Overview >Social >Secondary dimension >Behaviour >Page Title
From https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/page-66#post-7021600

Last edited:
•••
I would like to share how I use Google Analytics with Undeveloped.

Primary Dimension: Country
Secondary Dimension: Hostname
Filter: Average Session Duration > 0 (for filtering out the visits of robots)
Average Session Duration: Descending

Confirming works for me too, thanks.

Go >Audience >Geo >Location >Secondary Dimension >Behaviour >Hostname to see

•••
so they do not have support on Sunday ? 12 hours , running through half their night, and half their daytime now.

tiny sale, but HUGE contact in a industry , Kind of feeling like im looking stupid right now in the deal.

Last edited:
•••
Time to accept your large enough and making enough to hire staff, trust them , and at least have one employee working at all times. thanks.
cant do it all yourself.

•••
so they do not have support on Sunday ? 12 hours , running through half their night, and half their daytime now.

tiny sale, but HUGE contact in a industry , Kind of feeling like im looking stupid right now in the deal.

Hi Ecomslice,

We do offer support on Sunday but not 24/7.

Kind regards,

Reza

•••
Are you complaining to complain? I'm getting a bit fed up with all the unfounded complaints in this thread that creates clutter and takes way our attention of important high-impact items.

You have the ability to relist the domain and quite to the contrary we exclusively offer support in the weekends for also this type of requests.

If this thread continues to build on the negatives constantly my personal interest to be as active here will also diminish.
PLEASE stick around, Reza! It seems there's a good amount of ignorance/entitlement (as always) from folks here, but the domain professionals see your worth & dedication through the b.s.

Thanks for providing such an innovative platform, and I look forward to sticking by you all as you continue to grow!

•••
seems there is a bug going round (or just a new person sending payments working there).. and they're not being sent as mass payment through paypal... so you pay a fee to paypal...

first time it happened to me... today.. on a sale payment

just letting you know cause its easy to miss as the paypal email does not mention fees... u need to login to account. not sure if its a one off a kind only bug or if it was around for a while.. for those who got payments in last days or something... so u might wanna double check yer payments.

I just emailed them to correct the situation. hope it does not happen in future.. save us all some time correcting problems.. thanks @Undeveloped

Last edited:
•••
PLEASE stick around, Reza! It seems there's a good amount of ignorance/entitlement (as always) from folks here, but the domain professionals see your worth & dedication through the b.s.

Thanks for providing such an innovative platform, and I look forward to sticking by you all as you continue to grow!

thats an older issue that stopped being mentioned a while ago.

undeveloped people like Reza know exactly why people are so fond of their site and keep using them. and big part of it is their great support... which means that if they lower quality of their support, they may be getting fewer future members, or maybe even lose some older ones.

in short, its in everyones best interest, to just keep doing things the way they're doing them... and solid namepros support is big part of that... so why change a model that's working. it just wouldn't be wise.

cheers.

Last edited:
•••
seems there is a bug going round (or just a new person sending payments working there).. and they're not being sent as mass payment through paypal... so you pay a fee to paypal...

just letting you know cause its easy to miss as the paypal email does not mention fees... u need to login to account. not sure if its a one off a kind only bug or if it was around for a while.. for those who got payments in last days or something... so u might wanna double check yer payments.

I just emailed them to correct the situation. hope it does not happen in future.. save us all some time correcting problems.. thanks @Undeveloped

Hi Alcy,

There's no bug but an error this morning caused about 10% of the Paypal payouts to be affected by the issue you mention. All users that were impacted are being contacted today to send us a refund so we can process the payouts again.

There are big improvements coming by the way in terms of payouts. I can't share too many details yet but soon our users won't be surprised to receive their payouts in minutes.

Kind regards,

Reza

•••

just got reply on this... 10% of payments today only apparently were sent wrong way

ty for quick support

•••
imo undeveloped has been growing well but there needs to be more support staff at this point to answer emails and messages faster. A 24 hour turnaround is too slow imo. I know other marketplaces take 24 hours or more but those are even worse and not really to be held as an example for comparison. And I know they have grown because I remember getting responses much faster mid last year and have seen them gradually get slower up until now which is too slow imo. Everything else is great so this is just a suggestion and not a complaint.

•••
Hello @Undeveloped and Sellers :

Can we discuss about using Undeveloped to sell multiple domains to a single buyer in a single transaction?

•••
Hello @Undeveloped and Sellers :

Can we discuss about using Undeveloped to sell multiple domains to a single buyer in a single transaction?

yes. thats nice option
they said they work on it for one day

for now u need to put all names for sale in description or msg for buyer.. and then escrow reads it and acts on it

•••
yes. thats nice option
they said they work on it for one day

for now u need to put all names for sale in description or msg for buyer.. and then escrow reads it and acts on it

I don't think they will support the transactions especially in cases like this : Seller wants to sell 20 domains in a total of $200 to same buyer, do you think they will invest efforts in such deals?

For such transactions, they shall allow seller to transfer domain directly to buyer..

Last edited:
•••
I am impressed by the simplicity and effectiveness of the landers, I like to see the option of renting domains to be promoted a little more to end users.

•••
imo undeveloped has been growing well but there needs to be more support staff at this point to answer emails and messages faster. A 24 hour turnaround is too slow imo. I know other marketplaces take 24 hours or more but those are even worse and not really to be held as an example for comparison. And I know they have grown because I remember getting responses much faster mid last year and have seen them gradually get slower up until now which is too slow imo. Everything else is great so this is just a suggestion and not a complaint.
Would still choose Undeveloped over Sedo and GoDaddy for escrow ANY day of the week.

Not one, but TWO sales of mine being sat on at Sedo currently, with no completion date in sight. All info and payments submitted -- just needs a push at GD.

I almost cringe when I get an offer via Sedo because of they anticipated anxiety that comes with the transaction process there. Not to mention the exorbitant commission at other marketplaces.

You have to weigh all of it. For 9% and an intimate transaction process with support who's both knowledgeable and prompt...

All others are archaic and the old boys club.

The fact that you have Reza himself at your disposal pretty much any day of the week HERE on NPs is telling itself.

Transparency and innovation.

This is not a paid message lol.

•••
I really did not want to bring this up , as there are way more quality suggestions , but does anyone feel that adding a Logo a much larger space than those tiny business card emblems could be very attractive ? is this not the whole reason buyers feel more display and branding potential, hence all the beautifully displayed branding sites.

I know most choose one thing over the other every single day due to appearance versus practicality

I would love to add a large logo to some

IN FACT , PLEASE LIKE IF YOU ALSO WOULD HIGHLY LIKE THE OPTION, AND
DO NOT LIKE IF YOU DONT CARE AT ALL .

appreciate the honest vote. cheers.

Last edited:
•••
I don't think they will support the transactions especially in cases like this : Seller wants to sell 20 domains in a total of $200 to same buyer, do you think they will invest efforts in such deals?

For such transactions, they shall allow seller to transfer domain directly to buyer..

well.. as u know once they implement this feature, it will cover all sellers selling X domains for Y money.

so maybe it will even out for them.

but I get your point.. it could mean some work for them to escrow 20 names into push accounts etc.. for $200 total.

then again, it appears its possible to do just thta now... by entering the names for sale into description or msg box. at least they told me so. they didn't mention any minimum sale prices... @Undeveloped

•••
I agree with @carob it might be time to get these Undeveloped "analytics" posts moved to their own thread. Good topic.

With Google Analytics on Undeveloped I find that these dimensions and metrics create a useful report for me. Perhaps others will find this useful too. Of course, I could be doing this all wrong!

I filter out a lot of visits from China, I realize that. Not all obviously but I am improving that. In 18 years of domain selling, I have only sold 1 domain to someone in China (which I know of * ) and that was in 2007. Its not like I am preventing them from purchasing, I am just trying to remove some of the noise. I add to the filter list as time goes on. I have found a lot of bots that I dont want to see. Some of the filters overlap, I am eventually going to improve on that too.
* - some sales via marketplaces which you do not know who your buyer is could have been from China, but still there is an overwhelming amount of analytic spam from there so I'd just rather ignore it for now.

I ignore all visits from "amazonaws.com" because most of those are bots. Especially the ones where I can see them visiting each domain in my portfolio, alphabetically, sometimes several to even dozens per minute.

I added latitude and longitude to the dimensions because believe it or not sometimes its pretty accurate as to who is looking at your names.

I use the dimension ga:landingPagePath because the domain name is in it, example: /buy-domain/<domain-name-plus-extension> I cant find a dimension which returns just the domain name itself. ga:landingPagePath returns "undeveloped.com" for every single visit whereas for Efty or Bodis returns a clean domain name plus extension.

Dates:
I usually do the last 30 days

Sort:
-ga:dateHourMinute,ga:landingPagePath

Metrics:
ga:sessions (havent played around with other Metrics yet)

Dimensions:
ga:landingPagePath,ga:dateHourMinute,ga:Source,ga:networkDomain,ga:networkLocation,ga:latitude,ga:longitude

Filters: (this is very long, sorry, lots of analytics spam to try and reduce)
ga:networkLocation!=china unicom jiangsu province network;ga:networkDomain!=weekendpartycancel5.comga:networkDomain!=spankbang.site;ga:networkDomain!=sl-reverse.com;ga:networkDomain!@ip-;ga:networkDomain!=bastardoperatorfromhell.us;ga:networkDomain!=as44706.net;ga:networkDomain!=as47377.net;ga:networkDomain!=as13285.net;ga:networkDomain!=as43289.net;ga:networkDomain!=cyrusone.com;ga:networkDomain!@amazonaws;ga:referralPath!@mf;ga:networkLocation!=facebook ireland ltd;ga:networkLocation!=chinanet shanghai province network;ga:networkLocation!=chinanet guangdong province network;ga:networkLocation!=chinanet shanghai province network;ga:networkLocation!=china unicom beijing province network;ga:networkLocation!=china unicom shanghai city network;ga:networkLocation!=china unicom henan province network;ga:networkLocation!=hosting services inc.;ga:networkDomain!=ip-158-69-19.net;ga:networkDomain!=ip-158-69-152.gr;ga:networkDomain!=ip-158-69-148.net;ga:networkDomain!=expireddomains.pro;ga:networkDomain!=cemeterymeetkettle.eu;ga:networkLocation!=markus koch;ga:networkLocation!=domaintools llc;ga:networkLocation!=lezon inc;ga:networkDomain!=ip-139-99-103.eu;ga:networkDomain!=ip-158-69-193.net;ga:networkLocation!=aliyun computing co. ltd;ga:networkLocation!=beijing qihu technology company limited;ga:networkLocation!=chinanetcenter ltd.;ga:Source!=perform-likeir-alibaba.info;ga:Source!=perform-likeize-alibaba.info;ga:Source!=indozoverseas.com;ga:Source!=free-website-traffic.com;ga:networkLocation!=china unicom shandong province network chinanet anhui;ga:networkLocation!=province network chinanet;ga:networkLocation!=beijing province;ga:networkLocation!=chinanet beijing province network;ga:networkDomain!=ip-144-217-171.net;ga:networkLocation!=chinanet henan province network;ga:Source!=krumble-adsic.info;ga:Source!=display-your-ads-hereti.info china unicom;ga:networkLocation!=jiangsu province network;ga:networkLocation!=china unicom guangxi province network;ga:Source!=chicago-daily-newsian.info;ga:networkLocation!=seflow s.n.c. di marco brame e c.;ga:networkDomain!=ip-144-217-99.net;ga:networkDomain!=prospection.com;ga:networkDomain!=ctdhosting.com;ga:networkLocation!=kazooisyee;ga:networkDomain!=ip-167-114-90.net;ga:Source!=reach-publisherof.info;ga:networkLocation!=chinanet hebei province network;ga:networkLocation!=early registration addresses;ga:networkDomain!=responsestaff.com;ga:networkDomain!=51iker.com;ga:networkDomain!=domaincrawler.com;ga:networkDomain!=houseofstyle.online;ga:networkLocation!=chinanet jiangsu province network;ga:networkDomain!=certaincyber.net;ga:Source!=oiggynivbyxelvqxew.com;ga:networkLocation!=china unicom heilongjiang province network;ga:networkLocation!=chinanet jiangxi province network;ga:latitude!=45.8399;ga:longitude!=-119.7006;ga:networkLocation!=china unicom liaoning province network

•••
I have sold my first domain with Undev and I was pleasantly impressed with the money transfer speed. It took about 2 days to release money through bank transfer (2 days, Carl). With Uniregistry it itook about 5 month to release my first payment.

Last edited:
•••
Hi all, can someone tell me the account name of undeveloped escrow(in namesilo)

•••
•••
Hi all, can someone tell me the account name of undeveloped escrow(in namesilo)
You should ask the support on the undev interface to be sure to push to the good account and not somebody else account.

•••
I see Uniregistry has recently been added to ExpiredDomains.net. What about seeing if Undeveloped can be added as well? Would increase visibility to the platform...?

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back